Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    Holy smokes the rangers looked good last night. That long sequence in the Tampa zone that culminated in the 4-2 goal - man that crowd was pumped!

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,836
    Holy smokes the rangers looked good last night. That long sequence in the Tampa zone that culminated in the 4-2 goal - man that crowd was pumped!
    I am hoping that was some rust on Tampa's part, otherwise... eek.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    mpedone said:
    I would think it's rust.  I had Rangers winning last night, coming off the high of the seven game series.  Lightning were lax in their zone coverage.  This was similar to the Leafs game 1.  It will be a long series, I would think. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mpedone said:
    I would think it's rust.  I had Rangers winning last night, coming off the high of the seven game series.  Lightning were lax in their zone coverage.  This was similar to the Leafs game 1.  It will be a long series, I would think. 
    Yeah I would agree with ya. At this point it would be silly to doubt Tampa's abilities lol.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I was listening to one of those stupid gambling radio shows yesterday and one of the guys on there said there is a lot of data to show that an NHL playoff team comes in flat off a layoff vs a team who has continued with the grind.  He said that he would give the greatest probability for a Rangers' victory in Game 1.  A lot of that stuff is bullshit, but he seemed to have a point that looks better in hindsight
  • Options
    Yeah I would absolutely agree with that - you can't fake being in "game mode" no matter how many practices you run. It reminds me of the last time I played competitively in my city league a few years ago (not the level of talent of course, just the concept haha). If you missed a week or two it felt like you had missed a month when you came back. 

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,322
    Wish Hank had this Rangers offense in any of his playoff runs
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Rangers are starting to get that "Team of Destiny" vibe. Already came back from 2 different 3-2 series deficits, handed Carolina their first home loss this postseason, their first-ever Game 7 loss (since the move), and have handed Tampa Bay and Vasi their first back-to-back losses since 2019.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mpedone said:
    Rangers are starting to get that "Team of Destiny" vibe. Already came back from 2 different 3-2 series deficits, handed Carolina their first home loss this postseason, their first-ever Game 7 loss (since the move), and have handed Tampa Bay and Vasi their first back-to-back losses since 2019.
    I thought at the tail end of last season that they would make some noise this postseason. I didn’t expect it to be so much noise, though. 

Hell, as posted earlier, I thought they’d be out in the first round when I saw that they drew the Penguins. 

It still feels like the wheels could fall off, too. Fox and Mika have been so solid. And the kid line has been skating circles around every defensive line they put against them. 

I think with the Bolts going home and having time to regroup and watch some video is going to make a big difference, and other Rangers’ lines/players are going to have to step up (Breadman, Strome, etc.). 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes, getting nervous. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    Just found this thread! LGR!!!!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    I felt sorry for Edmonton....holy shit they just couldn't do it at home.  The finals are going to be great
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I felt sorry for Edmonton....holy shit they just couldn't do it at home.  The finals are going to be great
    As skilled as they were offensively (Conner is amazing to watch), their D and specifically the goal tending was no match for the Avs.  Mike Smith did not play well overall in these playoffs.  And the defense got caught pinching down too often without a forward rotating to the blue line.  You simply cannot give up 4 goals in the third period... EVER.  That was 3 goals in 5 minutes, and 3 goals on 6 shots I believe.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    As skilled as they were offensively (Conner is amazing to watch), their D and specifically the goal tending was no match for the Avs.  Mike Smith did not play well overall in these playoffs.  And the defense got caught pinching down too often without a forward rotating to the blue line.  You simply cannot give up 4 goals in the third period... EVER.  That was 3 goals in 5 minutes, and 3 goals on 6 shots I believe.  

You're not going to win with Cody Ceci playing in front of Mike Smith. That said, it feels like this Avs team can just will themselves a goal. That may change next round going up against either Vasi or Shesterkin.

I think this playoff season might have set a record for number of times I've gone to bed thinking a game was over only to wake up to a comeback win.

• Options
    mpedone said:
    mrussel1 said:

You're not going to win with Cody Ceci playing in front of Mike Smith. That said, it feels like this Avs team can just will themselves a goal. That may change next round going up against either Vasi or Shesterkin.

I think this playoff season might have set a record for number of times I've gone to bed thinking a game was over only to wake up to a comeback win.
    Considering Francouz appears to be the goal tender for a time (who knows how long) and now Kadri is out, I think it will make the Finals tougher for them.  But they can certainly win it if they get the Rangers or Lightning to chase them around in circles.  That's the mistake.  You really just have to pack it in and take away the shooting lanes.  The Oilers seemed to chase the forwards around the O zone and left huge gaps.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    mrussel1 said:
    mpedone said:
    mrussel1 said:

Considering Francouz appears to be the goal tender for a time (who knows how long) and now Kadri is out, I think it will make the Finals tougher for them.  But they can certainly win it if they get the Rangers or Lightning to chase them around in circles.  That's the mistake.  You really just have to pack it in and take away the shooting lanes.  The Oilers seemed to chase the forwards around the O zone and left huge gaps.  
    yeah it made no sense....up two goals and just fucked it up
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Rangers need to win tonight! Got game 5 and 7 tickets
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    I still say the russians should denounce putin or GTFO.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Lighting are not going to go down easy at all I say it goes to game 7
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    I'm rooting for Colorado to win the whole thing.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I'm rooting for Colorado to win the whole thing.
    Commie!
  • Options
    Uh-oh, the Rangers are down 3-2. That's bad news for them, right Pittsburgh? Carolina? Tampa, playing with confidence, at home; that's a massive hill to climb to force a Game 7, but the Rangers are good, and Gallant will have them ready to go.

• Options
    mpedone said:
    Uh-oh, the Rangers are down 3-2. That's bad news for them, right Pittsburgh? Carolina? Tampa, playing with confidence, at home; that's a massive hill to climb to force a Game 7, but the Rangers are good, and Gallant will have them ready to go.
    I thought the Rangers played well.  They readjusted to the tight style that Tampa is playing and were doing a great job of grinding it out.  Vasy just outplayed Igor slightly, but it always felt like that was what this series was about.  It will be interesting to see if they can play disciplined like that again.  It's also possible the legs will start to wear.  They have played every other day since the playoffs started.  So that's what... 19 games in 38 days or something?  Has to take its toll at some point. 
  • Options
    Here is a classy Ranger fan at their best classless idiot!
    https://youtu.be/t6N2JvBQ_Xc
    Hoping Rangers go to seven and loose in overtime in the last seconds just to really demoralize their fans! 
  • Options
    Hoping Rangers go to seven and loose in overtime in the last seconds just to really demoralize their fans! 
    Arrested.  https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/rangers-fan-arrested-for-brutal-sucker-punch-of-tampa-fan-after-game-5-loss/3729041/

Are you an Isles guy?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Arrested.  https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/rangers-fan-arrested-for-brutal-sucker-punch-of-tampa-fan-after-game-5-loss/3729041/

Are you an Isles guy?
    Does it matter? Yes I’m an islander fan 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Are you an Isles guy?
    Well you're dogging Rangers fan so I figured there must be something there.  The only fans I don't like are Flyers fans. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you an Isles guy?
    Well you're dogging Rangers fan so I figured there must be something there.  The only fans I don't like are Flyers fans. 
    Anyone who assaults another fan even if it’s an Islander fan I want the book thrown at them and banned from Arena permanently! 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,322
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you an Isles guy?
    Anyone who assaults another fan even if it’s an Islander fan I want the book thrown at them and banned from Arena permanently! 
    Yea but you wouldn't want to demoralize Isles fans if it was one of them who did the same is what he was getting at
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you an Isles guy?
    I bet he gets banned from MSG permanently.  If you read the article, he assaulted someone else on the way out.  Dude is going to do some time.