2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    MayDay10 said:
    Carbonneau was a better choice than Zubov.  Neither is a "Hall of Famer" though IMO, although I could be convinced with Guy
    Based on stats Zubov is more deserving. A defenseman having more points than a center.
    I miss igotid88
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Sabres finally unveiled their 50th (and will be going back to royal blue in 2020-21 more importantly)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    pre-season starts tonight :smiley:

Go Flyers!

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    No work stoppage next year either
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    That is hilarious.  I didn't renew my season ticket plan this year, last year was not as good as the year prior and Trump's tax changes cost me a lot.  I would like to go in that room and destroy a TV with his picture on it.
    Awesome that they are getting people to pay to do this, so funny
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    This is awesome!

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    That is funny.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Ha.  My buddy sent me that yesterday.  That guy is a bastard
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    10 game winning streak Isles are running on all cylinders love the NHL fuck every other sport !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    It grows tiring when your team sucks, but the NHL is indeed badass.
    I hear you I haven’t had a lot to cheer about my team , except last yr and this start is def something I’m happy about ..
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I hear you I haven’t had a lot to cheer about my team , except last yr and this start is def something I’m happy about ..
    Potvin sucks!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Potvin sucks!
    4 cups in a row , when was the last time your team did that ? 
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,119
    Bruins holding their own leading the division over the Sabres by 4pts. 

GO BRUINS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Detroit eating chips again this year...

Anyone thinking about subscribing to NHLlive, do not purchase it through google play.  What a nightmare ive been going through since September to get access to live streaming.  Took my money and it doesn't work.  Google and Rogers giving me the run around..

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    dankind said:
    Potvin sucks!
    Good bounce back win against Florida! 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nami said:

Anyone thinking about subscribing to NHLlive, do not purchase it through google play.  What a nightmare ive been going through since September to get access to live streaming.  Took my money and it doesn't work.  Google and Rogers giving me the run around..

Never heard of NHL live.  I refuse to give the NHL any money.  Unfortunately the NHL is only exciting in the playoffs anymore.  The league is just watered down garbage...get rid Tampa, Florida, Phoenix and a few other teams...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Nami said:

Never heard of NHL live.  I refuse to give the NHL any money.  Unfortunately the NHL is only exciting in the playoffs anymore.  The league is just watered down garbage...get rid Tampa, Florida, Phoenix and a few other teams...
    sorry just so I understand, you want the NHL to get rid of the Lightning cause they suck or cause you don't wan the team in Tampa? 
    fife said:
    Nami said:

sorry just so I understand, you want the NHL to get rid of the Lightning cause they suck or cause you don't wan the team in Tampa? 
    It can't be because they suck. Because, well, they don't suck.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    i was never really a fan of him.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited November 2019
    dankind said:
    i was never really a fan of him.
    he was always more of an entertainment draw than a true analytical mind. i can't imagine how frustrating it must have been, being ron mclean all these years. just sit there and listen to his "listen kids" and "europeans are wimps" garbage constantly. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Mainly a character.  Give a flamboyant,  hard-headed 85 year old open live mic time and you are going to get some sideways takes.  Not shocking, and a ridiculous "incident" to fire him over.  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Don Cherry has always been controversial.  It is nothing that he hasn’t said before...

He said worse when on CBC and was never fired.  Ratings.

The only difference this time is that Sportsnet is hoping for ratings boost by fire Don.  Don was likely in his last year or 2. 

Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    "controversial". nice way of saying bigoted asshole. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

:lol:

I loved Coach's Corner as a kid.  Always entertaining.  As I grew older I learned to tune much of it out.  Grapes is a classic and the sport can move on.
    I will give him this -- he stood by his statement and didn't punk out and cry 'misunderstood' or some silliness.  He owned it all the way to the door.