2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The Bruin player turned his head and saw the Blues player coming, then the Bruin player turned his head into the glass...anyone who has played hockey has been taught from early on keeping your up...the bruin player saw that the hit was coming but choose not to take evasive action or brace for the hit...I did not even agree with the penalty.  One thing I will say is the NHL has a long ways to go before I'll ever say they are pussifying the league...unlike the NFL.  This is turning into a great physical series...

It's a fast game, hard-hitting game...gotta keep the head on a swivel.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    MayDay10 said:
     What the hell was Grzelcyk even doing there?  
    He's clearing the puck, what should he have done, let Sundqvist have the puck?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    When he saw the hit coming the onus is on him to protect himself...that was on him.  Tough.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    If the Bruins ran Binnington twice last night & sent a Blues defenseman to the hospital with a nasty headshot, I feel like the reactions would be a little different, but here we are. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    If the Bruins ran Binnington twice last night & sent a Blues defenseman to the hospital with a nasty headshot, I feel like the reactions would be a little different, but here we are. 
    It's Marchand's fault.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,411
    Agreed but its okay. I can't wait for the whining about all the upcoming "cheap" shots and antagonism that'll be coming up. Bruins play well on the road and they'll be up for it. Revenge, part of the game, right?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Agreed but its okay. I can't wait for the whining about all the upcoming "cheap" shots and antagonism that'll be coming up. Bruins play well on the road and they'll be up for it. Revenge, part of the game, right?
    Exactly... Bruins were down a defenseman for a huge chunk of the game, played like crap, gave up a goal on a major mental lapse by Marchand, and the Blues STILL needed overtime to beat them, despite giving it their all. 

Bring on game 3. 
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    When he saw the hit coming the onus is on him to protect himself...that was on him.  Tough.
    We're talking about what 1.5 seconds to react? I think he tried to clear the puck and evade the hit as best he could (that's why he looks a little awkward), but didn't have time. Its a correctly called penalty since Sundqvist drives his head into the glass. Was it intentional, no, most penalties aren't. So giving him 2 minutes was the correct call, had it appeared intentional he'd have gotten more.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Go Blues!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    We're talking about what 1.5 seconds to react? I think he tried to clear the puck and evade the hit as best he could (that's why he looks a little awkward), but didn't have time. Its a correctly called penalty since Sundqvist drives his head into the glass. Was it intentional, no, most penalties aren't. So giving him 2 minutes was the correct call, had it appeared intentional he'd have gotten more.
    i agree and i'm cheering for the blues.  you can't hit a guy in the head or dive his head into the glass. it doesn't matter the player was off balance. it has to be automatic there.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Bruin player turned his head and saw the Blues player coming, then the Bruin player turned his head into the glass...anyone who has played hockey has been taught from early on keeping your up...the bruin player saw that the hit was coming but choose not to take evasive action or brace for the hit...I did not even agree with the penalty.  One thing I will say is the NHL has a long ways to go before I'll ever say they are pussifying the league...unlike the NFL.  This is turning into a great physical series...

Pussifying? 

Class.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:
    i agree and i'm cheering for the blues.  you can't hit a guy in the head or dive his head into the glass. it doesn't matter the player was off balance. it has to be automatic there.
    That’s where I am too. Penalty? Yes. Suspension? No. I don’t think we ran Rask twice. The first one was Schenn making a tough cut. The Schwartz one? Yeah and it was stupid as hell. But everyone on here backs the team they’re supporting. That’s just how it goes. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Well, to be fair, some just repeat what the announcers/commentators share.
    :tired_face:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    If McAvoy’s hit from the Columbus series was suspension worthy, Sundqvuist’s hit should absofuckinglutely be suspension worthy. 

But it’s the NHL, so who knows? 

dankind said:

Pussifying? 

Class.
    Coming from you that's a compliment...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    dankind said:

Pussifying? 

Class.
    Is there a forthcoming clip from Don Cherry in which he derides the character of Pearl Jam & Rangers-fan Dankind?
    dankind said:

Pussifying? 

Class.
    Is there a forthcoming clip from Don Cherry in which he derides the character of Pearl Jam & Rangers-fan Dankind?
    Maybe.  Not a fan of Don?  I will take Don's word on this stuff.  He knows his shit better than most.  But, I saw the hit...no problem with the 2-minute penalty...also had no problem with the hit either.  It was not an intentional head shot...it's part of the game.  Even Bettman said it's unlikely the NHL will ban head shots.  I love the physicality of the NHL and would love the instigator rule removed...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I like Grapes as much as the next hockey fan...
    Sundquist suspended for game 3...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
    Fucking Louisiana. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

No way that many states in the south and west are rooting for Boston.   ;)
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    We got Hawai'i...that's probably Boom.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395

I'd be surprised if most of those Southern States are even watching.
    cutz said:

add Hawaii to that list of not watching...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,119
    cutz said:

I'm watching and I'm here in Palm Beach County FL. It's a must see for me I don't get to see the BRUINS  too often down here.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:
    cutz said:

I'm watching and I'm here in Palm Beach County FL. It's a must see for me I don't get to see the BRUINS  too often down here.

Peace
    Has hockey in Florida grown since the expansion there?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    g under p said:
    cutz said:

Peace
    I can tell you that in Tampa it has.  The Lightning are very popular in the metro area.  They have close to 200 consecutive sellouts and have averaged over 19k a game for the last ten plus seasons.  
    mrussel1 said:
    g under p said:
    cutz said:

Peace
    I can tell you that in Tampa it has.  The Lightning are very popular in the metro area.  They have close to 200 consecutive sellouts and have averaged over 19k a game for the last ten plus seasons.  
    That's great to hear.  They have been a good franchise.  Goota win it next yesr..
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    g under p said:
    cutz said:

Peace
    That's great to hear.  They have been a good franchise.  Goota win it next yesr..
    They have been good this century.  The early days were tough, when our best player were guys like Ciccirelli(sp?), Brian Bradley, Paul Ysaerbart and a few others.  The Hamrlik and Gratton drafts were busts.  Puppa made the team interesting and they sort of built from there.  Vinny was the draft pick that started it all and turned the corner for them. While he was never an elite player, he had a great career and was really consistent.