2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    BOLTS!!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    I'm still grouchy over the blowout last night.  My big payday is looking like it's not gonna happen!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    dankind said:
    BOLTS!!!!!
    'Ning...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Unbelievable that Vegas is in the Western Conference Finals
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Vegas continues to roll.  What a great job Vegas has done...

Boston is out.

Never thought a sports league would have to tell a player to quit licking people.

Lightning's Callahan likens licking incident to spitting in face

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/lightnings-callahan-likens-licking-incident-to-spitting-in-face/ar-AAwLVg9?li=AAggNb9&item=personalization_enabled:false&OCID=ansmsnnews11
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jesus h christ. it's frickin' hot in winnipeg today (like 27 or 29 celcius) and the street party is going to have about 20-25 thousand people at it. win or lose, it's going to be Puke-apalooza downtown. 

I'm staying in the 'burbs tonight. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

jesus h christ. it's frickin' hot in winnipeg today (like 27 or 29 celcius) and the street party is going to have about 20-25 thousand people at it. win or lose, it's going to be Puke-apalooza downtown. 

I'm staying in the 'burbs tonight. 
     Congrats.  I'm a lightning fan always,  but root for the Canadian teams after that. Need to break the curse.  It's been far too long since the cup resided in its proper home .
    Go Jets Go ... put the predators out ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Man, you can tell how disappointed that NBC commentating crew was when the Caps eliminated the Pens.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    https://youtu.be/BUo7b0qxofw 
    The Caps announcers call is fucking amazing!

Can we please dub this “The Immaculate Turnover”
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Man, you can tell how disappointed that NBC commentating crew was when the Caps eliminated the Pens.
    Pierre is on suicide watch
    edited May 2018
    Yep. Emerick even sounded disappointed. NHL needs a new TV crew for the U.S. National coverage.

Nice to have a Game 7 between Jets and Preds.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Game 7, keeping hope alive in Smashville!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Yep. Emerick even sounded disappointed. NHL needs a new TV crew for the U.S. National coverage.

Nice to have a Game 7 between Jets and Preds.
    man, I thought I was the only one that heard these pen-love birds.... brutal listening/watching NBC cover the nhl.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    I can not see the Jets winning game 7...

I never watch NBC foe hockey...I've yet to find one likeable think about NBC covering hockey.  CBC still does the best coverage...and Don and Ron still rocking' coaches corner in the intermissions...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Nice that the Bolts get a familiar foe.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

I never watch NBC foe hockey...I've yet to find one likeable think about NBC covering hockey.  CBC still does the best coverage...and Don and Ron still rocking' coaches corner in the intermissions...
    I don't know, this series has been back and forth. Whoever wins a game, loses the next. I feel like if Lavi sticks with the lineup we had last night and doesn't sit Hartnell, the advantage goes to Nashville. Gonna be exciting though. first ever game 7 in Nashville and we're gonna have that place rocking. Just wish that stupid Justin Timberlake concert wasn't scheduled for this Wednesday so we don't have to wait an extra day. This series has been great. Wish it was conference finals though.  I look forward to the battles with Winnipeg in the years to come, no matter who wins Thursday.
    Jets shit the bed last night. credit to nashville for shutting them down, but at the same time, the Jets just seemed to lack energy. the passing was lazy, they couldn't gel together as a team. it seemed everyone was always surprised when they got a pass. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dankind said:
    Nice that the Bolts get a familiar foe.
    Pens scared me more than the Caps..  They have to deal with the DC sports curse.  
    ponytd said:

I don't know, this series has been back and forth. Whoever wins a game, loses the next. I feel like if Lavi sticks with the lineup we had last night and doesn't sit Hartnell, the advantage goes to Nashville. Gonna be exciting though. first ever game 7 in Nashville and we're gonna have that place rocking. Just wish that stupid Justin Timberlake concert wasn't scheduled for this Wednesday so we don't have to wait an extra day. This series has been great. Wish it was conference finals though.  I look forward to the battles with Winnipeg in the years to come, no matter who wins Thursday.
    I have to favour Nashville Thursday.  But it is game 7, so you just never know.  The 4-0 score is a little misleading.  The Jets had opportunities.  Rinne played very well.  One change I can not believe the jets coach has not made is Laine on the point on the power play, I've seen times where he fails to properly keep the puck in the zone ... no pressure from Nashville, just a kid that at times looks like he to hard.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Classic...
    if Wininipeg beats Nashville in game 7, AND Winnipeg takes Vegas to at least game 5, the QOTSA show gets postponed/rescheduled/cancelled. NHL seems to rule the fucking world. The just say "nope, we're using the arena that day". been waiting for this show for months. Hopefully it works out AND the jets win. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

if Wininipeg beats Nashville in game 7, AND Winnipeg takes Vegas to at least game 5, the QOTSA show gets postponed/rescheduled/cancelled. NHL seems to rule the fucking world. The just say "nope, we're using the arena that day". been waiting for this show for months. Hopefully it works out AND the jets win. 
    I believe the Jets ownership owns the stadium ... so they should have first rights to the arena during the playoffs...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I believe the Jets ownership owns the stadium ... so they should have first rights to the arena during the playoffs...
    true enough, you're right. there must be a clause in every concert contract that states True North can cancel/reschedule an event at their own discretion. just never come up before. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    it depends on the artist. Justin Timberlake is playing Bridgestone tonight (when game 7 should be) and said "nope" and couldn't reschedule it. But they did reschedule a show during 1st round and pushed it back 2 days. That does suck though. if that were the case, I'm sure they'd move it to the night before or after.

true enough, you're right. there must be a clause in every concert contract that states True North can cancel/reschedule an event at their own discretion. just never come up before. 
    That’s what I think to.  I had a concert re-scheduled because the sports team owned the building and during the playoffs they retained rights to the arena first...whether the band likes it or not...I’m sure most bands are aware of this.  As much as I’d like to see Winnipeg win and for to have this problem...I’m just not sure if they blew the opportunity at home...time will tell, Love game 7’s, wish it was in Winnipeg though, that building would be electric...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    That’s what I think to.  I had a concert re-scheduled because the sports team owned the building and during the playoffs they retained rights to the arena first...whether the band likes it or not...I’m sure most bands are aware of this.  As much as I’d like to see Winnipeg win and for to have this problem...I’m just not sure if they blew the opportunity at home...time will tell, Love game 7’s, wish it was in Winnipeg though, that building would be electric...
    Wasn't Toronto 2 moved one day in '16 because of a Raptors game?
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018