Lightning...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
It struck about 100 m away from me as I was at a red light during my commute home.
It struck down on something across the road at the docks, sparks flew in the air.
The thunder was immediate and the loudest thing I've heard.
Amazing.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Last month here, the storms were so severe, it seemed like every single strike (lightning and thunder) were right over your head.

the entire month, I've never seen anything like it either

and I like storms, but some of these scared me
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    lightning hit a tree about 15 feet from a house i was working in. the whole house was shaking, it was loudest bang i've ever heard. i thought the house collapsing. definately something i'll remember for the rest of my life

scary stuff...
  • Lightning is definitely one of the scariest and awe-inspring phenomenons mother nature has to offer. I have crazy amounts of respect for the power of lightning
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • had a bolt strike about 20-30 feet away from me as I was looking out the window wondering what would happen if my flag pole got hit. BANG.....time to change shorts
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Lightning is definitely one of the scariest and awe-inspring phenomenons mother nature has to offer. I have crazy amounts of respect for the power of lightning

+1. I think the whole science and phenomenon behind electricity is fascinating.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2