Options

Dilema... Deluxe Vs./Vitalogy or Tattoo

CorduroyGirlCorduroyGirl Posts: 283
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So guys... I just got my paycheck, but a girl has to make choices... I'm already facing the extra expenses for PJ20 cd+book+bluray BUT I kinf of GOT TO have the Vs. Vitalogy Box... It's precisely when I first started to listen to Pearl Jam, between those two albuns... And I'm afraid that if I wait another month it will just disappear from goods section and I'll have to slit my wrists... :P

On the other hand, i have this PJ tattoo waiting for 15 years... For one reason or the other, I never actually did it and now I'd like to do it as a celebration of the 20th anniversary... First, it was because I needed my parents approval and they'd say "that's just a phase", and then, I decided not to go with the stickman and it took me quite a long time to figure out what would it be... Right now, it has been settled for over an year, but there's always something in the way (money is never enough).

This month, I have to make a choice. If you were in my place, what would yo chose?
~Can't escape from the common rule
If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Considering your point about the box set possibly going away, the tattoo idea will always be in your mind.

I would get the deluxe editions while they're still available. Tattoo will always be there.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Tattoo, you already own those albums and they were good enought the first time.
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Considering your point about the box set possibly going away, the tattoo idea will always be in your mind.

I would get the deluxe editions while they're still available. Tattoo will always be there.

There are my thoughts right now...
    Tattoo, you already own those albums and they were good enought the first time.

But what about the extras.... If I was to know for sure it would be available next month, I'd go for the tattoo immediately...

AHH!! Can't make up my mind!!! Thank you guys :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hmm...

clearly, you should send your money to me to invest so that you can buy both.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    hmm...

clearly, you should send your money to me to invest so that you can buy both.

LOOOOL I'll consider that! It'll totally solve my problem!! XD
  • Options
    i would get the deluxe box set, you can always get a tatoo later
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    third option.

Get the tattoo box set. Done deal. easy peasy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    tattoo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Does the box set come with this ...

pearljliveat08.jpg

... if so, box set ... 1,000 times over ... box set.*

*please note inherent bias as I was at this show.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Go for the box. Get the tattoo next month, if you wanna be safe.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    DewieCox wrote:
    Go for the box. Get the tattoo next month, if you wanna be safe, make sure they use clean needles.
    fixed. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Does the box set come with this ...

pearljliveat08.jpg

... if so, box set ... 1,000 times over ... box set.*

*please note inherent bias as I was at this show.

Yes it does... Thanks guys! I'm going to this tattoo studio during my lunch break to see if they can give me an estimate on the price of what I'm looking for... I think I'll either go for third option (if affordable): :lol:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    third option.

Get the tattoo box set. Done deal. easy peasy.

OR this
    DewieCox wrote:
    Go for the box. Get the tattoo next month, if you wanna be safe.

;)
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Boxset...

My reasoning: You can't listen to Pearl Jam with a tattoo
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Well... It's done! Box is ordered and tattoo delayed again... Hopefully for only one month XD Thaks for your help everyone :D