Options

Ed & Cubs

pjwhofanpjwhofan Posts: 9
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Right before Fred Willard sang TMOTTB today, there was a quick pan to Ed in reserved seats. The front of his t-shirt was soaked. OK, it looked like it was drizzling on the north side, so make no assumptions! BTW, Willard's version was almost as bad as Ditka's.

Game just ended and they showed someone, who very much resembled Ed tumbling across the field. He had a different shirt on. Must have been before the game. Odd.

Some questions I have:

Was Ed a White Sox fan at some point? I recall he and Jack McDowell (former WS pitcher) were involved in a bar brawl (against others) and thrown in jail. I believe Jack was EV's Kerry Wood 12-13 years ago. Wonder if they're still buds. I missed my chance to ask Jack a couple years back - He stood 2 feet from me at an All-Star Game function outside US Cellular.

re: "Someday, We'll Go All The Way," or is it "(Someday, We'll Go) All The Way," or even "All The Way." Nice ditty, very heart-felt. As a life-long Cubs (and W Sox fan, believe it or not!), it's a nice song (heard it 3 times now). My question is, if the Cubs win the Series this year, won't it render the song moot?

I thought "Go Cubs Go" was the Cubs song.

BTW, Ed did mention at both Chicago shows that he wanted to get a good recording of the song so it could be released locally (viz., chicago). He was a bit more specific on night 2 when he mentioned releasing it in the next 2-3 days. It would surprising and cool if that happened.

- jz
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    Saw that too. It's a nasty-humid day here today, wouldn't be surprised if the soaked shirt was all sweat.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.