Forks over Knives

embraceembrace Posts: 849
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone seen it?? I viewed it over the weekend and my head is swimming.
got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i have fork and knives dirty in the kitchen sink, just had breakfast. :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • embrace wrote:
    anyone seen it?? I viewed it over the weekend and my head is swimming.

Weird... Someone was just telling me about this yesterday.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    chadwick wrote:

lazy...you should clean them and not leave them in the sink :D
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    embrace wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

lazy...you should clean them and not leave them in the sink :D
    that is a fact, Sir.
    at the moment they are soaking :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I have checked it out before. It is a real good film. Really makes you think about your diet. I would recommend it for anyone.
    Want to be everywhere, There's alot to be said for nowhere
    first thought on the movie (while chadwick cleans his dishes)

if you've ever known anyone or have personally gone through drug and alcohol rehab...it seems food addicition/abuse is in the same category. Isn't the craving for one more Big Mac, Meatball Sub, ice cream sundae from that same place...one more drink, one more hit...???To know some of the big serious killer illnesses are linked to food consumption and to think the USDA food pyramid is pointing us in the wrong direction....Shit has got change.

• Haven't heard of it but from your description sounds very interesting, will definitely add it to the Netflix queue. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Haven't heard of it but from your description sounds very interesting, will definitely add it to the Netflix queue. Thanks for the recommendation!

Its on streaming for Netflix that's where we saw it- I'll be curious to know your take if you check it out... The movie has a LOT of charts and stats which slows it down, but it raises a lot of talking thinking points- I was especially impressed with MDs who doctor with nutrition versus pill prescription and the documented results. The fact that these doctors actual shop and cook initially with their patients to show them how and what to consume takes the profession to a completely different level.

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm sorry I thought of spork... ;)

I will check it out...thanks
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    edited October 2011
    embrace wrote:
    Haven't heard of it but from your description sounds very interesting, will definitely add it to the Netflix queue. Thanks for the recommendation!

Its on streaming for Netflix that's where we saw it- I'll be curious to know your take if you check it out... The movie has a LOT of charts and stats which slows it down, but it raises a lot of talking thinking points- I was especially impressed with MDs who doctor with nutrition versus pill prescription and the documented results. The fact that these doctors actual shop and cook initially with their patients to show them how and what to consume takes the profession to a completely different level.

wow, wow and wow!!!
    finally got around to watching this tonight and really.....just...wow. :shock:
    thing is too, years ago - pre-marriage in fact, i had decided to become veggie for more ethical, animal-based reasons....but i also read and read, and sure, believed it to be good for my health. i fully admit tho, my ethics went right by the way-side, was swayed back into being a meat eater. i do not "blame" my husband for my choice, it was still my choice....but mostly out of laziness. he is the cook of our family, he is an awesome cook...and didn't want to give up meat entirely. i managed to go our first year of marriage as a veggie, then gave up.

however, he actually was the one who wanted to watch this documentary tonight, and i actually waited to hear his thoughts after viewing and HE suggested, we go veggie. :o :shock: :mrgreen: he HAS gotten more health conscious over the years, he also has educated himself more and more on the topic, and he IS an avid animal-lover too....and admitted he could not rectify his views with how he ate. so i am quite happy about this. we're not going 'cold turkey'....we're going to finish the meat products we already have on hand, and move towards being veggie (which will not be difficult or take too longer, we're not huge meat-eaters, overall....mostly shrimp and chicken, and not much on hand)....then onwards to veganism....b/c it does seem eggs and dairy really are bad news. THAT will hurt a lot more than giving up meat, i love eggs and cheese! :)

but....i think the evidence is pretty conclusive. we'll see how it all goes....and not going to beat myself up over it if we occasionally indulge while out, whatever.....i still know we will be making vast improvements and hopefully fall in love with the food, the health benefits and feeling great. i have already recently committed to being healthier once more....eating well, exercise, all of it. i want to feel better, look better....live a longer, healthier life. i think we can be fully veggie, maybe even vegan, by the new year. i've had the new year as a *goal* for other, related issues.....so it makes it that much more a goal.

i DO want to point out tho, EVERYone should watch this documentary. yes, it pushes for a whole foods, plant based diet...but don't see it as a preachy doc at all. i thought the intensive studies and documentation to be excellent and quite conclusive, and while dry topic, it IS important to support the ideas of the film. even if one would never consider being vegetarian, the ideas presented are compelling and interesting to make even SOME changes to how you choose to eat.

i cannot recommend this enough. watch it!
    :mrgreen:

edit - for the record, my husband and i are in perfect health, take no meds, no issues......but we also are getting older and want to stay healthy and live a good, long, happy life.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA