Feeling just a little down tonight...

stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
You know those times when you just have stuff on your mind, and you just want to get out of your own headspace for a little bit? Well, tonight's one of those nights, so to take my mind of said stuff, I figured I'd play around with trying to figure out how to get a domain name for my website. Maybe it's easy for all you computer savvy people out there, but I'm not one of them! I'm not technically minded - I'm an artist, not a computer tech!!!! But I figured I'd give it a go, and see what happened, and not only did I successfully buy myself a domain name and something called DNS hosting ( not really sure what that is but apparently I need it), I also managed to link it completely to my existing website!!!! And it actually works, so I thought I would invite you all to check it out cause I am very impressed with myself!

It's kind of nice when you do something that makes you feel proud of your self when you are feeling a little down otherwise.

Just wanted to share that with you all. Thank you for reading, oh! And check out my handiwork at http://www.giventoart.com :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I clicked on the link and the computer said it wasn't available.

Also tried by typing in www.giventoart.com and that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Congrats! I wouldn't know the first thing about geting a domain name. I hate to say it, but your link doesn't work for me. Could be the domain is blocked by my employers though.

When I have too much stuff on my mind, I play 1989 Tetris online until I get into the top 100 of the day. For me, it's impossible to play Tetris while thinking of other stuff, so that usually takes care of that. Maybe I should do something more productive like you though, not a bad idea :lol:
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Nope, apparently it isn't working now. :( It was earlier, I swear! You can see my site on sites.google.com/site/giventoart though. Stay tuned, I WILL get it fixed! (See - told you I wasn't computer literate really!) Will most likely email the people who do the domain name and get them to fix it tomorrow.... :?
    I love the owl drawing; and the acrylics: holy crap! You seem to have a real knack for painting water, the waves and 'Ocean Rock' especially are great. With talent like that, you shouldn't have to know how to fix domains ;)

I couldn't paint like that if my life depended on it, I can hardly write without breaking the pen :lol:
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    That is very impressive and you are so right accomplishing something for yourself
    or someone else, really blows those doldrums away. :thumbup:

I will check back when it is up and running, curious to see the owl ... I love owls!
    We've had one passing through this week doing his hootin,
    it's those little things in life :D
  • Most impressive and good for you!!! :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Claireack wrote:
    Got in :clap:

Hehe, don't know if it was my persistence fiddling around with it, or if it was the email I sent to tech support.... going to go with my persistence!!!! Whatever it was, it seems to be working now.

:)
  • Very good. You are definitely talented as an artist! :)

I especially enjoyed the paintings.
  • Great job! Loving your paintings in particular, "Trees in the Mist" especially, beautiful colors!
  • Thank you!!! Painting or drawing just relaxes me - I could do it forever I think. :)
  • Have you considered starting a shop on Etsy to sell your work? It's a great way to get your artwork out there and make a little extra cash too :)
  • Have you considered starting a shop on Etsy to sell your work? It's a great way to get your artwork out there and make a little extra cash too :)

Yeah, I've put some stuff on http://www.redbubble.com/people/giventoart/portfolio, and am also looking at http://www.madeit.com.au. There are a couple of other sites that I'm looking at as well as Etsy - it's just the time factor to actually get it done!!!
  • I've made some new artwork - and want to make a print of one, but am undecided as to which one. So I'm having a competition to choose between them. The one with the most votes will be made into a print to sell, and everyone who votes will go into the draw to win an 8 x 10 inch Giclee print of their vote!

Go to my facebook page and like it at the top of the page, then "like" your favourite of the two choices. Winner will be drawn at end of Oct 13th. Go to http://www.facebook.com/giventoart
    If you ever decide to make a print of the owl drawing, please let me know. I know my sister would love that one.