All bridges around the Boston area to be closed...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
With the Bills upsetting the heavily favored Pats and the Red Sox playing like a defeated team and about to slip out of the playoffs I would say all bridges around Boston should be closed to foot traffic. Also I just heard that Pearl Jam will not play Fenway next year. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119 wrote:
    With the Bills upsetting the heavily favored Pats and the Red Sox playing like a defeated team and about to slip out of the playoffs I would say all bridges around Boston should be closed to foot traffic. Also I just heard that Pearl Jam will not play Fenway next year. :D
    Congratulations on winning the superbowl :thumbup: :roll:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

Wow...typical response. All talk prior to the game about how their team is going to win and then when they lay an egg they minimize the importance of the game or change subjects.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Wow...typical response. All talk prior to the game about how their team is going to win and then when they lay an egg they minimize the importance of the game or change subjects.
    Yes, it was.. and you guys won. Congrats. We beat you 15 straight times.. it was bound to happen. Now stop acting like you won the superbowl, it's one week.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10

Yes, it was.. and you guys won. Congrats. We beat you 15 straight times.. it was bound to happen. Now stop acting like you won the superbowl, it's one week.[/quote]

Typical. :roll: And by the way, the Bills have now beaten the Pats one straight time. :lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Wake up man.....didn't you get my post in the NE thread that I predicted the Bills to win this game.
    *Come On Maan*, act like you've won something before.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    This thread is worse than elevators :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    g under p wrote:
    Wake up man.....didn't you get my post in the NE thread that I predicted the Bills to win this game.

Peace

I think you stated that you wouldn't bet on the game. You never came out and said the Bills would win. Big difference. I just wish that some Pat fans would act like their team has lost before instead of just talking about past glory when their team loses. I do remember about a ten year stretch not too long ago that the Pats were pretty much the joke of the AFC. Why isn't that ever brought up?
    81 wrote:
    This thread is worse than elevators :?

Elevators was classic. :lol: I'm just a huge Yankees and Bills fan and for once in a long time I have some Bills enjoyment today. :thumbup:
    DS1119 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I think you stated that you wouldn't bet on the game. You never came out and said the Bills would win. Big difference. I just wish that some Pat fans would act like their team has lost before instead of just talking about past glory when their team loses. I do remember about a ten year stretch not too long ago that the Pats were pretty much the joke of the AFC. Why isn't that ever brought up?

Whether it was bet or out right victory for the Patriots I knew it was going to be difficult for the Patriots to come out of there with a victory. The Patriots always have a stinker of a game or two every year this is one of them.

Look man I'll bring it up....I've been a Patriots fan since 71-72 and i'm sorry you DON'T know or understand losing like those 70's Patriot teams and I stuck with them through with the likes Plunkett, Grogan, Sam *The Bam* Cunningham, Randy Vataha and John *Hog* Hannah and now they are a much better team than in those days.

I'll stick with them whether they stink or winning Super Bowls and the same goes with all the other major teams of TITLETOWN...cover_111003.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Whether it was bet or out right victory for the Patriots I knew it was going to be difficult for the Patriots to come out of there with a victory. The Patriots always have a stinker of a game or two every year this is one of them.

Look man I'll bring it up....I've been a Patriots fan since 71-72 and i'm sorry you DON'T know or understand losing like those 70's Patriot teams and I stuck with them through with the likes Plunkett, Grogan, Sam *The Bam* Cunningham, Randy Vataha and John *Hog* Hannah and now they are a much better team than in those days.

I'll stick with them whether they stink or winning Super Bowls and the same goes with all the other major teams of TITLETOWN...cover_111003.jpg

Peace

Your post makes little sense but ok.
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    DS1119 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Peace

Your post makes little sense but ok.

It made sense to me I just went way back, waaay back in time when they were far worse of a joke as you say than 10 years ago. Again great win you are now undefeated and in first place AFC East.

Peace

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    There seems to be a touch of 1978 in the air....Go Yanks :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    As of right now yes they are! :)
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Fun upset to watch...

Interesting that the Bills and Lions both remain undefeated.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    g under p wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Peace

The best thing about the New York/Boston rivalry is that no matter how many championships Boston wins you will never get back that 19-0 season (or should I say 18-1).
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Fun upset to watch...

Very interesting indeed! Huge win for the Bills, definitely didn't see that one coming. Time to start taking them seriously!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Fun upset to watch...

Very interesting indeed! Huge win for the Bills, definitely didn't see that one coming. Time to start taking them seriously!

Hells yeah!!!! :lol:
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    The best thing about the New York/Boston rivalry is that no matter how many championships Boston wins you will never get back that 19-0 season (or should I say 18-1).

Just like the Yankees will never get back 2004, which is way worse than 18-1. Seriously, 3 outs away from sweeping your arch nemesis out of the playoffs, with the best relief pitcher of all time closing the game, and you lose the series 4 games to 3, just ridiculous. So I wouldn't go spouting off about lost seasons.
    32 shows and counting...
    Kraven wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Just like the Yankees will never get back 2004, which is way worse than 18-1. Seriously, 3 outs away from sweeping your arch nemesis out of the playoffs, with the best relief pitcher of all time closing the game, and you lose the series 4 games to 3, just ridiculous. So I wouldn't go spouting off about lost seasons.

1978...just saying. :)
  • Kraven wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

ok so the giants and 1978 make 2 for ny

2004 is just 1 for boston

:lol::lol::lol:

and if that jerkoff fenway right field 4 inch wall wasn't there ...that ground rule double wouldn't have happened in the 10th and we would have scored the winning run :mrgreen:

yes it hurt ....but all the other great times against the sox make up for it

i mean we couldn't even call it a rivalry until the sux finally won something and wounded us for a season

its all good ..... the sux have a long way to go to catch up to the 27 rings ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......