Options

Into the Wild LP

youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
edited October 2008 in The Porch
http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-Into-The-Wild-Soundtrack-LP-7-Book-rare_W0QQitemZ230294607004QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

WTF!?!?!?!?

I ordered my copy from this seller about 2months ago and paid $150. I thought that was expensive but it was all I needed to complete my PJ vinyl collection so I did it. He is way out of the park on this one. Maybe in 10 years it might bring that, but not now. He'll probably sell it though, and it'll go up again.
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    This is how it works with retailers in the poster world as well. They increase the price with the last few copies they have.

I think it will fetch more than 400 in 10 years.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Shame I opened mine, I think I will need to buy a house in 25 years
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    the vinyl prices on ebay have gone insane recently! its crazy...

i have em all (cept benny and ITW) but i listen to them constantly and i know that another copy is gonna be necessary for some of them soon. so ive been following the prices and tracking some of them on ebay. ten, vs, and vitalogy are the only resonable ones left...and even those are starting to be put up for crazy prices...id rally like a no code and a yield to give to my girlfriend but they always go way to high for me to justify....

this is why we started the "reissue the vinyl" thread....

the "into the wild" story is sad b/c its ed's only and first solo album (hopefully not his last) and its impossible to get on lp now! that just sucks! it makse it hard for fans to get what they want, the music, in any form available....

thanks to a very kind soul here on the pit i did just find AVOCADO lp for $26 bucks....from some online canadian record store that i now have bookmarked. the address was in the "reissue the vinyl" thread...
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    I'll submit this and let it be:

Who cares what he / she is asking for it? If he / she sells it, good for him / her. I'm assuming he / she bought it. It's theirs. They can do whatever they like with it.

I came to the pit today looking for some interesting info about PJ and all I've been seeing so far are a bunch of threads about what you all think are questionable ebay auctions. All you are doing is bringing more attention to the seller and their auctions.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Bunch of whiners with more sanctimonious bullshit.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Bunch of whiners with more sanctimonious bullshit.

the only sanctimonious ones here are the ones who actually take the time to write on a thread about how stupid the thread is, like you are just to cool to be bothered by what other people think...like we are focing you to read our opinions.

this is a message pit...guess youd rather read a bunch of threads about who likes what version of what song? if you have a question about PJ ask it...dont write in and say you came looking for info but cant find it...

if the guy has every right to sell the item at whatever price, we have every right to talk about how ridculous the price is....

let people write whatever they want...
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    the only sanctimonious ones here are the ones who actually take the time to write on a thread about how stupid the thread is, like you are just to cool to be bothered by what other people think...like we are focing you to read our opinions.

this is a message pit...guess youd rather read a bunch of threads about who likes what version of what song? if you have a question about PJ ask it...dont write in and say you came looking for info but cant find it...

if the guy has every right to sell the item at whatever price, we have every right to talk about how ridculous the price is....

Then that person that posted before you has every right to write what they wrote. So aren't you just adding to it?
  • Options
    Then that person that posted before you has every right to write what they wrote. So aren't you just adding to it?

Of course.

Mind you, I never said they have no right to say what they say. And I didn't tell anyone what they should and shouldn't do.

I simply have a low opinion of those who choose to try and tell others what to do with their property.
  • Options

The difference and distinction is this.........

We've had roughly 8-12 different threads about this, over the last month. And in every single thread we get a few geniuses pretending they have the right to tell people what they can and can't do with their vinyl records.

I declare it's their (the owners of these records) right to do what they want with them. Whether they want to sell them, keep them sealed and not play them or if they keep them and play them. It's their right.

I'm preaching their freedom to do what ever they want. And you guys are pretending you have a right to tell others what they can/should do and can't/shouldn't do.

Furthermore, I never told you or anyone else to shut up or that you don't have a right to speak your opinions.

As usual, it's the most "liberal " of you people who are always trying to tell everyone else what they can or can't say or can or can't do.

Comes off rather facist, it you ask me.
  • Options
    I luckily got one from Aural Exploits. Sealed and never opened. I'm afraid to look at the prices they are going for on ebay with the market now over 700 points today I might be parting with it soon if I know I can get that much for it.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107
    I luckily got one from Aural Exploits. Sealed and never opened. I'm afraid to look at the prices they are going for on ebay with the market now over 700 points today I might be parting with it soon if I know I can get that much for it.

No worries, its only going for around $150.

Does anyone have a sealed 10C version that they want to sell me for $150? PM me if so.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    pjhead wrote:
    No worries, its only going for around $150.

Does anyone have a sealed 10C version that they want to sell me for $150? PM me if so.
    Is there a difference between versions?
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

I think one comes with a bonus 45 of No More. Not really a bonus if you ask me but I think it may only be in the 10C version. I could be wrong because I missed out on both sales. I am just going by what I see on ebay.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:

No difference what-so-ever except that a LARGE portion of the stock aural exploits received was damaged: box slammed hard to the ground, records (very heavy) shifted violently and broke part way through the packaging. This did NOT happen with the 10Club copies, so you if are buying one from someone that got it via 10Club, you have a pretty good chance of getting a mint copy. Aural Exploits.....not so much.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    pjhead wrote:
    I think one comes with a bonus 45 of No More. Not really a bonus if you ask me but I think it may only be in the 10C version. I could be wrong because I missed out on both sales. I am just going by what I see on ebay.

ALL copies came with bonus "No More" 45, no matter who it came from.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    all versions came with the same bonus 45. there is no differnece between releases.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    No difference what-so-ever except that a LARGE portion of the stock aural exploits received was damaged: box slammed hard to the ground, records (very heavy) shifted violently and broke part way through the packaging. This did NOT happen with the 10Club copies, so you if are buying one from someone that got it via 10Club, you have a pretty good chance of getting a mint copy. Aural Exploits.....not so much.

Good to know, thanks! Like I said I have $150 for a sealed 10C copy.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

We've had roughly 8-12 different threads about this, over the last month. And in every single thread we get a few geniuses pretending they have the right to tell people what they can and can't do with their vinyl records.

I declare it's their (the owners of these records) right to do what they want with them. Whether they want to sell them, keep them sealed and not play them or if they keep them and play them. It's their right.

I'm preaching their freedom to do what ever they want. And you guys are pretending you have a right to tell others what they can/should do and can't/shouldn't do.

Furthermore, I never told you or anyone else to shut up or that you don't have a right to speak your opinions.

As usual, it's the most "liberal " of you people who are always trying to tell everyone else what they can or can't say or can or can't do.

I wasn't saying they couldn't sell they're records. Not at all. You say that people have the right to sell they're stuff, be it posters or vinyl, for whatever price they want. But I'll bet you're the same person who bitches at someone in the pit for trying to sell they're stuff for higher the original sale price cause the "rules" say it's not allowed. I'd just like to know where you stand. If i came on here trying to sell an ITW LP for $400, I'd bet I'd here shit from you.

• Options
    I wasn't saying they couldn't sell they're records. Not at all. You say that people have the right to sell they're stuff, be it records or vinyl, for whatever price they want. But I'll bet you're the same person who bitches at someone in the pit for trying to sell they're stuff for higher the original sale price cause the "rules" say it's not allowed. I'd just like to know where you stand. If i came on here trying to sell an ITW LP for $400, I'd bet I'd here shit from you.

they're = they are
    their = possession
    there = location
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    lowlight10 wrote:
    they're = they are
    their = possession
    there = location
    Oh snap.
    don't forget..here should be hear!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    they're = they are
    their = possession
    there = location

I didn't know they had spell check in the pit....cool.

• Options
    I feel better about trade I made, kinda felt other guy got less end of deal, but more and more looking like a fair trade. I know I'm happy.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    This did NOT happen with the 10Club copies

are you 100% sure about that? i seem to remember that some tc copies came damaged also.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    I But I'll bet you're the same person who bitches at someone in the pit for trying to sell they're stuff for higher the original sale price cause the "rules" say it's not allowed. I'd just like to know where you stand. If i came on here trying to sell an ITW LP for $400, I'd bet I'd here shit from you.

Bullshit. I have never, ever complained about any such thing, nor do I have a problem with it.

In the past threads I have made myself very clear on these issues. You can find my thoughts on it, in my past posts.

Hell, many times I have expressed my thoughts on this in threads YOU were involved in. You're obviously mistaking me for someone else.
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Niko80 wrote:

I think it will fetch more than 400 in 10 years.

I think that is one of the funniest things I've heard in years...........
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    NMyTree wrote:

you are entitled to your "low opinion." if i can't come on this board and complain about the bloated prices for vinyl or share my opinion that i think vinyl is to be played without a comment from you, then you are doing the very thing you are criticizing. if at the end of the day we agree to disagree on what one should do with their vinyl or whatever, then that is a good thing and the purpose of the board, and freedom.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

Right on!
  • Options
    if i can't come on this board and complain about the bloated prices for vinyl or share my opinion that i think vinyl is to be played without a comment from you, then you are doing the very thing you are criticizing.

Yeah, in Bizzaro World.

I't's not my problem that you can't handle someone (such as me) who has a conflicting opinion to yours. As this is a message board, I have the right to present my conflicting opinion.

When you post on a message board, you have to accept the fact there will be people responding to your posts. And not all of them will be posts that want to play slap-ass with your posts.

Again, you have just as much a right to post your opinions as anyone else.

And you have the right to disagree with me or even criticize me for my posts. That's cool with me.

But if you expect to come on here and have only slap-ass, hand-job responses which concur with yours; then maybe you need to get a grip.

I understand you want only high-fives, pats on the back and a firm hand on the ass for your posts. But sometimes we disagree and we express ourselves.

I haven't told anyone what to do, what not to do or tried to imply people shouldn't do this or that. That's the difference and it's not at all the same thing.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,564
    NMyTree wrote:
    Yeah, in Bizzaro World.

I't's not my problem that you can't handle someone (such as me) who has a conflicting opinion to yours. As this is a message board, I have the right to present my conflicting opinion.

When you post on a message board, you have to accept the fact there will be people responding to your posts. And not all of them will be posts that want to play slap-ass with your posts.

Again, you have just as much a right to post your opinions as anyone else.

And you have the right to disagree with me or even criticize me for my posts. That's cool with me.

But if you expect to come on here and have only slap-ass, hand-job responses which concur with yours; then maybe you need to get a grip.

I understand you want only high-fives, pats on the back and a firm hand on the ass for your posts. But sometimes we disagree and we express ourselves.

I haven't told anyone what to do, what not to do or tried to imply people shouldn't do this or that. That's the difference and it's not at all the same thing.

seems to me like there's an awful lot of inappropriate touching going on in this thread,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    seems to me like there's an awful lot of inappropriate touching going on in this thread,...

:D:D

Make love, than argue over vinyl records, lol. Not war.:D