Options

Patagonia says there is a chance for more backpacks

marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
edited April 2013 in Lost Dogs
I called the company today and they said there is a chance there will be more backpacks if there's enough demand from the 10club. They simply sell it to the fan club and it is the fan club that that adds the extras and they were open to selling more backpacks to them. So there may be hope after all. There number is
1-800-638-6464. Let's keep our fingers crossed and call if you like.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,845
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I would hate to see people selling these for mega bucks.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    There is no point in calling them. It is 10C management and/or the people responsible for PJ merch, will make that decision.

You people crazy! Just buy a backpack (or dig up that old Jansport with the lifetime warranty) and slap a PJ patch on it. That's what I did in high school circa 1994, 17 years before the $75 dollar backpack.
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    Seriously? 10 club is well aware of what is going on. 10 club management aka Tim alteady said no more. Im sure they are capable of contacting Patagonia on their own. They can make whatever decisions regarding this that they choose. What is calling them going to accomplish? 10 club reads these boards and knows what is going on. Don't mean to sound harsh but really it's just a backpack.
  • Options
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    Seriously? 10 club is well aware of what is going on. 10 club management aka Tim alteady said no more. Im sure they are capable of contacting Patagonia on their own. They can make whatever decisions regarding this that they choose. What is calling them going to accomplish? 10 club reads these boards and knows what is going on. Don't mean to sound harsh but really it's just a backpack.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but Tim is a really cool guy that understands the fans for better or worse at times. He's not that cold to just ignore the fans when he sees all this demand. The operator just sounded really positive that something was going to happen.

Like you said it's just a backpack, really easy to make. It's not like we're asking for posters that are simply not in print anymore or concert tickets that just aren't there. I don't think a backpack company is going to run out of backpacks for the 10club. I think he'll come through.
  • Options

I give the OP props. He went right to the source. I see a huge demand for them and they could make more money, but it may not be enough money to be worth their while.
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    marcos wrote:
    He's not that cold to just ignore the fans when he sees all this demand.

Then why not produce more Benaroya Hall vinyl? Or laptop bags? Or pj20 posters? Or binaural vinyl, or pj20 hoodies?

Tims not going to be "cold" if no more are made Almost sounds like theres an attempt at some form of reverse psychology going on here
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    marcos wrote:
    He's not that cold to just ignore the fans when he sees all this demand.

Then why not produce more Benaroya Hall vinyl? Or laptop bags? Or pj20 posters? Or binaural vinyl, or pj20 hoodies?

Tims not going to be "cold" if no more are made Almost sounds like theres an attempt at some form of reverse psychology going on here

I agree...it clearly stated while quantities on hand...it sucks for those who didn't get one...such is life...i didn't get a night 2 alpine poster...but i did get the backpack.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 443
    In my opinion, Tim is playing it smart...simple supply and demand.

Small Quantities = High Interest = None sitting on shelves collecting dust.

I would do the same thing.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    StevieG73 wrote:
    In my opinion, Tim is playing it smart...simple supply and demand.

Small Quantities = High Interest = None sitting on shelves collecting dust.

I would do the same thing.

Althought I agree with your logic here, why not take a pre-order and manufacture for the size of the order? Of course people would bitch because it would not be available asap - but at least everybody who wants one could get one. Still none sitting there collecting dust and puts the shipping on Patagonia not 10c.
  • Options
    Collectibility on "limited edition" items would be killed if they ordered more. 10C knows that overprinting of posters will make people less likely to buy more posters in the future if they're all but worthless. So if they were to go back and order more backpacks, there goes their limited edition cred.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Called Patagonia they said that the backpack style used is 47910. They are $75 on their website but aren't embroilered with the PJ tags. Wonder if we could do it ourselves & find the stuff if 10club will not help?
  • Options
    im sure tims does not care about keeping the demand high ..hes not going to earn more if they all sell out or dont..i guess he thought about an amount of backpacks that would sell and went for it...not his fault they went like hotcakes..

dont see everyone complaining about the amount of season jackets still up for sale.
  • Options
    Collectibility on "limited edition" items would be killed if they ordered more. 10C knows that overprinting of posters will make people less likely to buy more posters in the future if they're all but worthless. So if they were to go back and order more backpacks, there goes their limited edition cred.

If that's their reason for not making more than they're worse than greedy. Even comic books make a second edition when they're in high demand. They can stamp second edition somewhere if it makes stupid collectors happy, must everything be a collector's item with this band?
  • Options
    whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited April 2013

agreed noel.
    Post edited by whofeelslikeadrank on
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    Called Patagonia they said that the backpack style used is 47910. They are $75 on their website but aren't embroilered with the PJ tags. Wonder if we could do it ourselves & find the stuff if 10club will not help?
    Bootleg PJ backpacks. Sold in a plain, brown paper bag. I'm in.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    PjdreamerPjdreamer Posts: 318
    The whole pj collectibility and flipping value is just getting out of control. I've been collecting pj stuff since 94 before it was the thing to do and you bought stuff because you specifically liked that item. Now with ebay I think people have lost touch with what the Merch is actually about. If you like something on the site or at a show buy it. Who cares what it's worth to someone else or what u might be able to get for it. Is it really worth it to make a couple hundred bucks. My pj stuff is priceless to me and if your a fan and that's where your heart is then purchase choices come very easily and without hesitation. Everything comes and goes in waves I think you can see with the posters recently. Long story short if you like something buy it for yourself or for a friend or loved one as a gift. Not for a fellow fan on ebay with the same interests as you with profit as your motivation.
    Pjdreamer
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,994
    Pjdreamer wrote:
    The whole pj collectibility and flipping value is just getting out of control. I've been collecting pj stuff since 94 before it was the thing to do and you bought stuff because you specifically liked that item. Now with ebay I think people have lost touch with what the Merch is actually about. If you like something on the site or at a show buy it. Who cares what it's worth to someone else or what u might be able to get for it. Is it really worth it to make a couple hundred bucks. My pj stuff is priceless to me and if your a fan and that's where your heart is then purchase choices come very easily and without hesitation. Everything comes and goes in waves I think you can see with the posters recently. Long story short if you like something buy it for yourself or for a friend or loved one as a gift. Not for a fellow fan on ebay with the same interests as you with profit as your motivation.

Well said!

Who's this Tim fella???
    ;)
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    They should just come out with stuff on a mass scale like other bands. I want to buy a shirt to support my homies but if I don't get it fast enough it costs me $60... Keep coming out with collectible items for sure, but also make some shirts, etc. that can be picked up whenever.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I can ABSOLUTELY guarantee that you would save yourself some $ by buying the backpack straight from Pantagonia and either taking it to an embroidery shop or ordering a custom patch online. The actual logo is a dead simple bit of graphic design that could be reproduced in minutes. Not that I'm promoting bootlegging, but this would be the route I would go if I were desperate for one of these. $400 for a backpack is absolute bullshit imo...
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    You can snag one for $200 if you keep your eyes peeled. I was all for going the bootleg route until I realized that would cost in the $140 range for a product that isn't as sharp as the way this is made. Kind of surprised that it is as detailed as it is.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    edited April 2013
    Post edited by ckravitz on
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    ckravitz wrote:
    Wait, was this a 1.5 year mega bump to correct grammar? Aren't people awesome?

8-)
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
    I am torn between the idea of reissue and not for any items. For me, specifically towards the backpack, I traded a pretty high value item that will never be remade and if this comes out it devalues my trade. And not in the eyes of everyone else, but truly in dollar value. I paid $279.00 dollars for my item and valued the backpack at near that value and made the trade. If it comes back and I can snag it for $79.00 I will have made a very costly mistake to the tune of $200.00. (WOULD BE MY FAULT, but still)

IMO I think once an item is gone it should be left that way, no matter how bad I want something I don't have.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,845
    troysp1 wrote:
    IMO I think once an item is gone it should be left that way, no matter how bad I want something I don't have.

You wanted the item when you made the trade. You felt the item was worth that much money. You know that backpacks can be made fairly quickly and easily. Therefore, you took a chance with overspending. Making more backpacks should not have any effect whatsoever on a current owner of these. But they would make many people happy.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2