ATTENTION RANGERS AND FLYERS FANS...PREPARE TO GET PUMPED

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dETlPznG ... ture=share

sorry i had to make this awesomeness a new thread

plus we have alot of hockey fans on here
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    yes i am going.
    dont know how yet, but i'll be in that ballpark
    will be weird to not see the big round red brick building there anymore.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Ohhhhhhh. Now I get it.
  • Ohhhhhhh. Now I get it.
    :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    LET'S GO RANGERS!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    What day is this on?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What day is this on?

I think it's going to be the 2nd(Monday). Eagles play on the 1st. Same time as the mummers.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Looks like it should be a very good game.

Now 41vk4flX7RL._SL160_.jpg

83964_Stanley_Cup_Bruins_Canucks_Hockey.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:

Peace

Total number of posts by Boston fans in the B's thread before winning The Cup: 0
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What day is this on?

I think it's going to be the 2nd(Monday). Eagles play on the 1st. Same time as the mummers.

That's gay the Eagles play at the same time. Strange with it on a sunday. Won't change my day too much. Best day of the year.
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Total number of posts by Boston fans in the B's thread before winning The Cup: 0

Whether that statement is true or not doesn't really matter because I'm SURE Flyers or Ranger fans would take not posting to become like the Bruins THE defending STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS.

g12c0000000000000003f56eb8859e2abb11b73e2314eb6415b1e76f714.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I fucking hate the rangers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BD76Fj_fE
    g under p wrote:

Peace

BTW just that you know this was my first post just before the start of the BRUINS playoff run from page 61....
    g under p wrote:
    LETS-GO-BRUINS-animated-icon.gif

The Stanley Cup is within reach.

Peace

....and it was won on or around page 78.

Peace

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

BTW just that you know this was my first post just before the start of the BRUINS playoff run from page 61....
    g under p wrote:
    LETS-GO-BRUINS-animated-icon.gif

The Stanley Cup is within reach.

Peace

....and it was won on or around page 78.

Peace

Awesome.

Peace :roll:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    chances Flyers bring back Lindros for legends game?

and if they don't i hope like hell the Rangers do to stick it to the Flyers :D
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    pjhawks wrote:
    chances Flyers bring back Lindros for legends game?

and if they don't i hope like hell the Rangers do to stick it to the Flyers :D

I hope he keeps his head up for Christ's sake. I don't care what side he's on. I hate to see him start 2012 with a concussion.

Let's Go Flyers!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    The Fixer wrote:

Agreed, should be really fun like all Flyers games are. Hockey needs more match ups like this and the Stanley Cup the year before when it was Flyers Vs. Blackhawks; they had record number viewers. Last year with the Bruins was like a step back for all the progress the league had made with the Penguins & Red Wings years, then the Olympics, then Flyers & Blackhawks, and then a horrible step back with the boring Bruins. Does anyone rmeber who they played?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,816
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What day is this on?

That's gay the Eagles play at the same time. Strange with it on a sunday. Won't change my day too much. Best day of the year.

thought the winter classic was always on Jan. 1st?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Game is on the second...don't want to go up agaist bowl games and nfl games....

I personally would rather see a game in a barn vs a football or baseball stadium
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

thought the winter classic was always on Jan. 1st?

It doesn't have to be, and I don't think they want to go up against the Birds on Sunday. I'm assuming it'll be Monday night.
  • 81 wrote:
    Game is on the second...don't want to go up agaist bowl games and nfl games....

I personally would rather see a game in a barn vs a football or baseball stadium

What I'd like to see is this game played on a lake or pond. That would be sweet.
  • the game is on jan 2..probably late afternoon
    historically, they have been around noon, although last year i think it was, they moved it back because of the weather....

i would expect a noon start...noon central
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    historically, they have been around noon, although last year i think it was, they moved it back because of the weather....

Yeah, but on a Monday? I mean a good amount of people will be off, but not everyone. And it's Philly, not Buffalo or somewhere where it's colder. It wouldn't be a surprise if the temperature was in the 50's during the day.
    81 wrote:

Yeah, but on a Monday? I mean a good amount of people will be off, but not everyone. And it's Philly, not Buffalo or somewhere where it's colder. It wouldn't be a surprise if the temperature was in the 50's during the day.

that's true...some companies will give people the friday before off.. my company gives friday for sat holidays and mon for sunday holidays...

monday makes a ton of sense....i was suprised when they started it and pitted the winter classic agaist the big time bowl games that happen on the first. to me it doesn't make sense to go up agaist both bowl games and week 17 playoff NFL games. we all know the nfl destroys other leagues in ratings.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

that's true...some companies will give people the friday before off.. my company gives friday for sat holidays and mon for sunday holidays...

monday makes a ton of sense....i was suprised when they started it and pitted the winter classic agaist the big time bowl games that happen on the first. to me it doesn't make sense to go up agaist both bowl games and week 17 playoff NFL games. we all know the nfl destroys other leagues in ratings.

My bad. I meant to say during the day on a Monday. This game will be on a Monday, but I think it'll be Monday night, and not a noon faceoff.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    will be wild to see # 68 wearing the black and orange as well.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    will be wild to see # 68 wearing the black and orange as well.

oh shit ..forgot about that.... dam

it will be funny to see all the flyers fans licking him after all the years of so called hatred :lol:
    i still think it will be an afternoon game....

of course, i could be wrong....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • woot woot !

I can't imagine what the ticket prices are gonna be for this game
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,675
    I attended the first "Winter Classic" in Buffalo.

It was awesome. If anyone is on the fence, just go. The tailgating scene there should be great too. That is half the fun... Street hockey games in the parking lots, etc.

I dont think Id be a huge fan of watching it in a ballpark. The football stadium was fine/great. Baseball stadiums just look awkward with a hockey rink (in terms of sightlines)