CNN plays the wrong music and apologizes

2»

Comments

• This is funny, but I just wish it was real.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Nothing like a bunch of white people talking about whether it's ok for black people to say nigga.

NOW THAT is funny.... :lol:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Nothing like a bunch of white people talking about whether it's ok for black people to say nigga.

i'd amend that to nothing like a bunch of white people saying black people shouldnt say the n word. i personally said they deserve the right to, that its censorship if they arent allowed to say it.

Seems wierder to me for people to say they shouldnt, rather than they should.

Reguardless the ignorance regaurding the history of the word, its uses, contextual usage, variance, gradations use, slur vs familial use. that to me is the more shocking thing. if you are going to talk about the word and whether its offensive or not, i think you need to educate yourself on it. as i said, whole books exist on its history.

odd for a bunch of white people to start suggesting that a word used to demean and dehumanize a race, used by whites, is unacceptable for blacks to use. African Americans didnt use the word to demean their brothers and sisters. White racists did that. And still do that.

History is everything.
  • Nothing like a bunch of white people talking about whether it's ok for black people to say nigga.

i'd amend that to nothing like a bunch of white people saying black people shouldnt say the n word. i personally said they deserve the right to, that its censorship if they arent allowed to say it.

Reguardless the ignorance regaurding the history of the word, its uses, contextual usage, variance, gradations use, slur vs familial use. that to me is the more shocking thing. if you are going to talk about the word and whether its offensive or not, i think you need to educate yourself on it. as i said, whole books exist on its history.

odd for a bunch of white people to start suggesting that a word used to demean and dehumanize a race, used by whites, is unacceptable for blacks to use. African Americans didnt use the word to demean their brothers and sisters. White racists did that. And still do that.

History is everything.

Ah, we made up for it with Affirmative Action and the NBA.

Even playing field. I say whites should be mandated to say it at least seven times a day.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Nothing like a bunch of white people talking about whether it's ok for black people to say nigga.

History is everything.

Ah, we made up for it with Affirmative Action and the NBA.

Even playing field. I say whites should be mandated to say it at least seven times a day.
    i'm glad you're joking...wait you are joking right?
  • u raciss
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,566
    u raciss
    :lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • u raciss
    :lol::lol::lol:

Not funny bro. Not funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qab0fuAY4aI
  • the fact that songs like that even exist is just an indication of how far we haven't come in this country.

Why do black people think that it is ok for them to talk like that?
    Because of people like you who tell them they can't.

"how far we haven't come"? This song that is offending you is probably 20 years old. And its a reflection of the frustration of an inner city black person.. and it's damn catchy, so don't be offended. Pearl Jam writes plenty of offensive songs to many.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    This is funny, but I just wish it was real.
    This...