Full-Tilt Poker a Ponzi scheme according to Justice Dept.

pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Full-Tilt Poker labeled a giant ponzi scheme by US Justice Department. Howard Lederer and Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson could be in some big big trouble. Only played on PokerStars so never aligned with Full-Tilt.

http://espn.go.com/poker/story/_/id/699 ... -complaint
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjhawks wrote:
    Full-Tilt Poker labeled a giant ponzi scheme by US Justice Department. Howard Lederer and Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson could be in some big big trouble. Only played on PokerStars so never aligned with Full-Tilt.

http://espn.go.com/poker/story/_/id/699 ... -complaint

Those are easily two of the best minds in the game...not good.
  • I played online poker for real money for about 2 weeks....

Thats all it took me to figure out it was nothing but a BIG SCAM!!!!!

Anyone who thinks any different is just a fool....

I hope all these assfucks go to prison.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I remember when they closed all those poker-sites a while back.....
    Friends of mine bitching and complaining how the government should just stay out of it.....

I laughed my ass off....
    Because my friends couldnt figure out that these poker-sites were scamming GAZILLIONS of dollars from innocent people who thought these poker sites were legit...
    My friends would tell me that these sites and games were legit, and there was NO WAY they would cheat ...

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?????

OF COURSE they WERE NOT LEGIT!!!!

These assholes running these sites(the pros like Lederer and Negreanu) will ALL end up in prison...

I remember telling my friend QuarterToTen EXACTLY what was going to happen to these websites MONTHS BEFORE they got shut down...

I also told her that these sites were nothing but a BIG SCAM and all the poker pros were in on it.....That they were milking people out of GAZILLIONS of dollars....

Again...I hope they all go to prison.....
  • And I wonder how long it takes before we find out that 50% of the players in any given online poker tournament.....

Were computer generated players...

It was SO FUCKING OBVIOUS to me....

My friends thought I was nuts...

I KNOW I am right.....
  • I've never understood this. I like to play poker, some, but it seems to me like online poker takes all the fun out of it. Can't watch for tells, can't talk shit, can't eat all your friends food and drink all their beer. It takes a fun social game and turns it into pure gambling.

Go check out the Full Tilt site though, the government isn't fucking around
    Poker.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    And I wonder how long it takes before we find out that 50% of the players in any given online poker tournament.....

Were computer generated players...

It was SO FUCKING OBVIOUS to me....

My friends thought I was nuts...

I KNOW I am right.....

i played PokerStars for maybe a month or two and i thought the same thing. i even remember writing on one of the threads on here that i thought there was something fishy because the number of ridiculous hands and bad beats were out of control compared to live games and a couple of people just ripped me for saying it. i still believe that. no way they were fully legit.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pjhawks wrote:
    Only played on PokerStars so never aligned with Full-Tilt.

PokerStars implicated as well ...
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i'm not surprised, i always knew there was no way that shit was legit......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

not in these new charges. PokerStars from what i understand has paid out all the players since the shutdown. the issue here is FullTilt still owes millions to players and doesn't have the funds to pay those out because they siphoned off player funds to pay themselves. i got out from PokerStars a few years ago so it doesn't affect me either way.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pjhawks wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

not in these new charges. PokerStars from what i understand has paid out all the players since the shutdown. the issue here is FullTilt still owes millions to players and doesn't have the funds to pay those out because they siphoned off player funds to pay themselves. i got out from PokerStars a few years ago so it doesn't affect me either way.

oh ... i read this last nite ... didn't really follow the timeline

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/US-att ... 14221.html

either way ... how are these so called "celeb" players gonna go to tournaments now? ...