Options

So my Mom is starting to date..

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't know why but for some reason it just seems weird. I have no problem with my Dad and his girlfriend, she's awesome. I love both my parents to death but for some reason I seem so much more reluctant to accept the fact that my Mom will be seeing other guys. Just seems odd. It might be because I could be overly protective but I'm not gonna get in the way of her being happy.. it's her right. Idk, just all very strange... :?
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    How old is your mom? How long has it been since your parents split up?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    she is 45 and it's been about 2 years.

• Options

fuck i suddenly feel very old right now..... :? :lol:

seriously, while i've not experienced what you are right now, it always fascinates me, the whole father/mother dynamic...and what is 'acceptable' or not. it's amazing how far we've come, and yet, the social/stereotypical stigmas still hold on some. good luck to you and your mom...and good on you for recognizing the double standard and being supportive of your mom. she needs it. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm sure it is strange to you - maybe you're just being protective of your mom which is a good thing.
    Also, its hard to imagine having your parents date others. But it seems like they are moving on.

But, 45 yrs old - is young !! Its good for your mom to get out there and date. She shouldn't be alone and hopefully your mom will find someone who will make her happy.

I wish her all the best... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    mikalina wrote:
    I'm sure it is strange to you - maybe you're just being protective of your mom which is a good thing.
    Also, its hard to imagine having your parents date others. But it seems like they are moving on.

But, 45 yrs old - is young !! Its good for your mom to get out there and date. She shouldn't be alone and hopefully your mom will find someone who will make her happy.

I wish her all the best... :D
    Yes, 45 is young! Your mom hopefully has a lot of years ahead of her and it's natural that she may want companionship.

My circumstances are different but may give you a little perspective. My dad died 4 years ago. My mom is an active 84 year old in good health. And she has a boyfriend! He's the same age as she is and was widowed about the same time as my mom. They are very happy and have a lot of fun together. I think it's awesome. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Just try to be cool, sensible.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I agree with chad.... :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    back off... both of ya's ;)

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    wish her the best..she is still young woman..she must enjoy life..all you need to do is to love and support her
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wish her the best..she is still young woman..she must enjoy life..all you need to do is to love and support her

I'm surprised you haven't asked for her number.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493

i thought the same thing :lol:
  • Options

im not suprised that you will post something that i dont give a shit about it.....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

im not suprised that you will post something that i dont give a shit about it.....

I'm not surprised that your typing skills improve greatly when your panties are in a knot.
  • Options

I'm not surprised that your typing skills improve greatly when your panties are in a knot.
    im not suprised you know all..except to respect....if u want we go on pm..this isnt the place for that..
  • Options
    im not suprised you know all..except to respect....if u want we go on pm..this isnt the place for that..

knock yourself out, send me a pm.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Children mature and see their parents as people, this usually by their later 20's,
    they see them separate from the roles the children have known since birth.
    It can be a rude awakening and enlightening.

It becomes apparent their parents are really no different then they themselves are,
    perhaps just a bit wiser ;) and have the same needs and wants.

It's the parents turn for autonomy taking place from how their kids see them.

I don't think the op is alone in these feelings at all
    when it comes to divorce and parents starting over with new prospects.

The wonderful part, they will always be your parents and you will be a family unit,
    this in the beautiful bond that created you! :D
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    lastnight i had deleted my post in this thread. today i believe i messed up and should reinstall said message. it went a little something like this.

45 yr olds are hot. 45 yr olds are smokin. they are hot and smokin at age 45.
    when i was 12 i enjoyed 45 yr olds all smokin hot and shit. 45 is hot they are smokin :mrgreen:

45 is smokin. and hot is 45

i enjoy 45 yr old women.
    they are hot. they are smokin.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I wish your mom the best, I hope she finds someone that makes her happy.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    81 wrote:

4 words i never thought i'd see arranged in that order.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    dunkman wrote:
    81 wrote:

4 words i never thought i'd see arranged in that order.
    :lol:

been missing you Scottish Sir man dude guy. and not in a funny kinda way either. although you are quite the card. :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

fuck i suddenly feel very old right now..... :? :lol:

seriously, while i've not experienced what you are right now, it always fascinates me, the whole father/mother dynamic...and what is 'acceptable' or not. it's amazing how far we've come, and yet, the social/stereotypical stigmas still hold on some. good luck to you and your mom...and good on you for recognizing the double standard and being supportive of your mom. she needs it. :)

I'm not sure that it's a double standard, but has something to do with mother/son & father/daughter thing. A female friend of mine had more issues with her divorced father dating than her mother doing so. Who knows... I have not been through that.

Funny story, may grandfather passed away about 10 years ago. My grandma is like 81, and VERY active... she has her friends, her sewing group, etc.... she is never home. One time she asked my father if he was okay with her spending time with another gentleman lol... At 80+ she was still worried about what my 60 year old father would think about her dating.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln