Options

Mansfield II

DempsDemps Posts: 98
edited August 2008 in The Porch
This is the only show I could make it to this summer. I flew in from Alaska the night before and drove up to Boston that day with a friend and we had a great time (despite standing in the "girl's only" pat down line and getting turned away when we got to the front - put up a sign or something - and sitting in the parking lot for like 9 hours afterwards).

Anyway, I got the bootleg this week and gave it a listen.

Wow. This is not a very good show (I say this knowing how high the standard has been set). Again, I'm not trying to bitch - we had a great time that night and I was still blown away for the most part (Wash, Education, Glorified G, Bee Girl, Mamasan played in order - can't argue with the depth of the set list). I'm just saying that listening to it now, there were quite a few mistakes. More than just the usual lyric flubs. Last Exit is just awful (although to be honest, I don't think it really sounded great on the Hartford bootleg either). There are a few others that are pretty messy too, but I can't think of it right now. I remember thinking the sound at the venue was terrible (it usually is there anyway) but I now realize a lot of it was the band just having a really off night.

It's funny though, I kind of dig having the CD and the fact that I was at the show. Like I said before, the bar is set so high with these guys and even at their worst ("their worst" being the worst I have ever heard them live) it was still a pretty great show and an awesome time.
I suggest you step out on your porch...run away my son...see it all...oh see the world...

Springfield, MA 4/6/94 -- Boston, MA 4/11/94 -- Hartford, CT 10/2/96 -- Hartford, CT 9/13/98 -- Mansfield, MA 7/2/03 -- Reading, PA 10/1/04 -- Albany, NY 5/12/06 -- Milwaukee, WI 6/29/06 -- Mansfield, MA 6/30/08 -- Toronto, ON 9/21/09 -- Philadelphia, PA 10/31/09 -- Worcester, MA 10/16/13 -- Hartford, CT 10/25/13 -- New York, NY 9/26/15 -- New York, NY 5/2/16 -- Boston, MA 8/5/16 -- Boston, MA 8/7/16 -- Boston, MA 9/2/18 -- Boston, MA 9/4/18 -- London, UK 7/8/22 -- Hamilton, ON 9/6/22 -- Toronto, ON 9/8/22 -- New York, NY 9/11/22 -- Chicago, IL 9/5/23 -- Chicago, IL 9/7/23
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I guess I should point out that I haven't heard much of this tour. Just Mansfield II and Hartford at this point. And I actually don't have more than a handful of other bootlegs from previous tours. I guess this just stuck out to me because they usually are good to great technically and this one seemed like a big step down.
    I suggest you step out on your porch...run away my son...see it all...oh see the world...

Springfield, MA 4/6/94 -- Boston, MA 4/11/94 -- Hartford, CT 10/2/96 -- Hartford, CT 9/13/98 -- Mansfield, MA 7/2/03 -- Reading, PA 10/1/04 -- Albany, NY 5/12/06 -- Milwaukee, WI 6/29/06 -- Mansfield, MA 6/30/08 -- Toronto, ON 9/21/09 -- Philadelphia, PA 10/31/09 -- Worcester, MA 10/16/13 -- Hartford, CT 10/25/13 -- New York, NY 9/26/15 -- New York, NY 5/2/16 -- Boston, MA 8/5/16 -- Boston, MA 8/7/16 -- Boston, MA 9/2/18 -- Boston, MA 9/4/18 -- London, UK 7/8/22 -- Hamilton, ON 9/6/22 -- Toronto, ON 9/8/22 -- New York, NY 9/11/22 -- Chicago, IL 9/5/23 -- Chicago, IL 9/7/23
  • Options
    Agreed.
    My last show (obviously) out of 6 I saw this tour & I honestly can barely remember it. I wasn't even drunk. I just thought the show was utterly forgettable.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Agreed.
    My last show (obviously) out of 6 I saw this tour & I honestly can barely remember it. I wasn't even drunk. I just thought the show was utterly forgettable.

a bad PJ show is still better than a good (place band name here) show

but it wasn't forgettable for me (1st time ever in the front row) Ed could of came out and did karate for 2 hrs (like Elvis did one time when he was really high) i wouldn't of given a shit!!:D

plus I'm on the boot so it's my favorite too! ;):)
  • Options
    a bad PJ show is still better than a good (place band name here) show

but it wasn't forgettable for me (1st time ever in the front row) Ed could of came out and did karate for 2 hrs (like Elvis did one time when he was really high) i wouldn't of given a shit!!:D

plus I'm on the boot so it's my favorite too! ;):)

But that's a GOOD story!! That makes a memorable show! I was definitely NOT in the front row (although not on the lawn either), my boyfriend was whining about the fact that he didn't get a poster, so that made things different.

Good job on getting onto the boot! That makes it worth it totally.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Good job on getting onto the boot! That makes it worth it totally.

i reached out my arm as far as i could and shook Ed's hand then later he gave me a pick & to top it off at the end of the night i caught a tambourine!!

so it was the best night EVER!!! :D

did he get a poster yet? there is still a chance to score one through the 10c sale.
  • Options
    Left PorchLeft Porch Posts: 837
    I don't think Mammasan was played in order
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:

you're right it wasn't the correct order is alive-once-footsteps

they played once footsteps alive
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    urbalsurbals Posts: 10
    Anyone have any idea when that 10c poster sale may take place. I didn't get one and the prices on eBay are ridiculous!
    '06: LA I
    '08: Mansfield I
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:

Good catch. Whoops.

• Options
    urbals wrote:
    Anyone have any idea when that 10c poster sale may take place. I didn't get one and the prices on eBay are ridiculous!

best advice i can give you is check the site everyday cuz ya never know.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Left Porch wrote:

reverse....
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!