Options

The Emmy Awards

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    okay heres my question upon learning that ty burrell AND julie bowen won for modern family. in an ensemble piece such as this... how does one identify the supporting players? to my mind theyre all equally important... thats why its an ensemble piece surely. yes/no/dont care just like pretty dresses.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    okay heres my question upon learning that ty burrell AND julie bowen won for modern family. in an ensemble piece such as this... how does one identify the supporting players? to my mind theyre all equally important... thats why its an ensemble piece surely. yes/no/dont care just like pretty dresses.

They both won for supporting roles. Which is surprising that Ty won because his 3 male co-stars were nominated also. You'd think they would cancel each other out. I wanted either Ty or Ed O'Neill to win.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I bet you anything Steve Carrel will win but I don't think he deserves it....who should really win is Louis C.K. I hate The Office and love Louie. Oh and Parks and Recreations should win everything it's nominated for.
    My friends son plays louie's son on that show.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I bet you anything Steve Carrel will win but I don't think he deserves it....who should really win is Louis C.K. I hate The Office and love Louie. Oh and Parks and Recreations should win everything it's nominated for.
    The Office is the funniest show going right now. Intrigued to see the new Two and a Half Men. I'd be shocked if Carrel didn't win
    The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm. From what I've read, this has been one of the best Curb seasons ever.
    Wow I thought this was the worst season of Curb. The first episode and the last episode were great. But in my opinion overall it was the weakest season
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I think I read somewhere that the cast said there's no lead.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    stipe19 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

Louie only has two daughters on that show... :? :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Melissa McCarthy gave a shout out to my home town and hers! WOOT WOOT Plainfield Illinois!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

exactly my point.. so if theres no lead how the heck can there be supporting players?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Newch91 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Don't hate on The Office. The Office is hilarious. If you like Parks and Rec and don't like The Office, something's wrong with you. ;) Like someone said, it's carbon copy.

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T STEVE CARREL WIN??

He didn't win cause he isn't funny.... ;):lol: But I'm sad that Louis C.K didn't win... :cry:

Parks is just more funny and the characters on parks are not idiots and jerks... :mrgreen:
    Not funny?? Are you serious??

Not as funny as it was.

I don't keep up on who wins, but if Carrell hadn't won an Emmy for his role yet, he deserved it last night. Parks and Rec has been funnier at least the last couple seasons.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

exactly my point.. so if theres no lead how the heck can there be supporting players?

they support each other
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

they support each other

hmmm
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i wonder if the producers could have tried harder to make a more unwatchable show...that was painful to watch...the only things that were at all entertaining were the variety writers nomination bits and amy poeller getting all the nominees on stage...hell they made jane lynch unfunny...that's quite a feat!

also, not including jeff conaway in the 'in memorium' but including 'uncle frank'? lame
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    im not a fan of comedy but i like steve carell... possibly cause i dont watch the office and jim parsons makes me lol. BAZINGA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfL4-C8OCys

That is one of the funniest scenes ever on TBBT. Jim (and the writers) are genius with the way Sheldon comes across.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    stipe19 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

Louie only has two daughters on that show... :? :lol:
    I have never seen the show. Maybe he plays young louie in flashbacks or something. I will call my friend and ask him. I know he has been on the show a couple of times.
  • Options
    Bump for tonight.

Hoping for Curb to win!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    If Breaking Bad doesn't win best drama, then something is wrong with this world.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    If Breaking Bad doesn't win best drama, then something is wrong with this world.

Hoping Breaking Bad wins everything...Homeland is a strong competitor in several categories but Breaking Bad, and everyone involved with it, was just so good
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Better Dan wrote:

Hoping Breaking Bad wins everything...Homeland is a strong competitor in several categories but Breaking Bad, and everyone involved with it, was just so good
    THIS ^^^^
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Yep...Homeland is awesome too. Those are my 2 fav shows right now. But Breaking Bad season 4 is one of the best single seasons of TV ever. Really hoping Giancarlo Esposito wins best supporting actor. He was so damn good as Gus.
  • Options
    Still haven't seen an episode. :oops:
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

You really need to change that. Best show on TV.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

You really need to change that. Best show on TV.
    I've heard. I've only seen the first season of "Mad Men." Love the show, just haven't seen the other seasons. I can probably wait to watch the other seasons when they're on demand, along with "Breaking Bad." Drama is essentially going to come down to these two shows.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I am 3 for 4 so far
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I love "Modern Family" but Robert Weide should have won for Curb's "Palestinian Chicken." That episode is a classic.
  • Options
    I figured Jon Hamm or Bryan Cranston would win. This one shocked me. Congrats to Damien Lewis. Time for me to finish "Homeland."
  • Options
    "Homeland" with the upset victories tonight.