Options

Is this even legal?

MegaphoneWhisperMegaphoneWhisper Posts: 219
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Look at some of the shirts this dumb ass is selling on ebay.

WTF? What a moron

Your Life Made of Stone??? Item # 150266364978 and then he has a steaming pile of dung on a shirt for Half Full??? Item # 150266364737

"Your life made of stone". Heh. You think he would take the time to get the lyrics right before he printed out knock-off t-shirts!
Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bobleashbobleash Posts: 119
    The language is common and is used in everyday life. For example, North, South, Just do it, and cola.
  • Options
    You just answered yopur own question dude. If the words are wrong it his own idea. Therefore, he is untouchable.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    bobleash wrote:
    The language is common and is used in everyday life. For example, North, South, Just do it, and cola.

your examples are good except for just do it. it may be part of the language, but try to sell some tshirts on ebay with that phrase on them and see if nike is happy

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Just do it is not a trademark. It is a slogan. Therefore, it could never be used as trademark.
  • Options
    I get that he can use common words in the English language and not get busted.

I didn't think he was aloud to use Pearl Jam or Light Years in his title. (Or any song for that matter)

Thought they referred to that as key-word-spamming.

• Options

I didn't think he was aloud to use Pearl Jam or Light Years in his title. (Or any song for that matter)

That was supposed to be allowed... Ooops

• Options
    bobleash wrote:
    Just do it is not a trademark. It is a slogan. Therefore, it could never be used as trademark.

A unique phrase can also be trademarked in appropriate situations if it distinguishes the product or service line clearly to the consumer world. “Just do it” is a phrase that is not unique or abstract in and of itself. When applied to Nike advertising and media, however, it is distinct and tells the consumer the product being supplied is from Nike. As a result, the phrase can be trademarked

http://ezinearticles.com/?You-Can-Trademark-a-Lot-More-Than-You-Think&id=453370

• Options
    smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100

Who says this?? If I had known then what I had known now?? Eddie in red mosquito..He didn't come up with that himself now did he???? LOL>...I think everybody knows that old saying...Plus eddie wanted to name his band mookie blaylock..now theres an original idea right????
  • Options
    Who says this?? If I had known then what I had known now?? Eddie in red mosquito..He didn't come up with that himself now did he???? LOL>...I think everybody knows that old saying...Plus eddie wanted to name his band mookie blaylock..now theres an original idea right????

yeah and guess why he COULDN'T name his band mookie blaylock....

• Options
    smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100
    dangerboy wrote:
    yeah and guess why he COULDN'T name his band mookie blaylock....

Vedder had to settle for naming ten after mookie! That is definitely not a copyright infringement..It's like these shirts!!