Options

**** ShimmyMommy's Hamilton Fanview 9/15/11 ****

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great review, Christine! As I mentioned to you, I was SO happy when they played "Jeremy"-All I could think about was how happy you were, hearing the opening chords! I was glad I was there to share that moment with you, even though we never actually got a chance to meet. We will meet at a future PJ concert though!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Great review, Christine! As I mentioned to you, I was SO happy when they played "Jeremy"-All I could think about was how happy you were, hearing the opening chords! I was glad I was there to share that moment with you, even though we never actually got a chance to meet. We will meet at a future PJ concert though!! :D

Thank you!! We are definitely meeting at the next show!! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    That whole day, pre-party and all, was more than I hoped for. I have been following the band for 20 years and this was my very first show, ever. It was amazing to be in a place where almost everyone there felt the same as I do about Pearl Jam. This was my dream set list. Yes, every single song. Why? Simply because Pearl Jam was playing.

I had the exact same sentiments when I saw my first PJ show earlier this year. I knew I'd talked to you a bit on this board, but I didn't realize we were both PJ-live-virgins. :D

The line in bold is absolutely spot on, perfect.
    Glad to hear you got to see 'em! :)
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    Awesome post! Thanks for sharing (and organising the awesome pre-party!).
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Hey shimmy,
    How well or where abouts did your seats end up?

I had Floor, Row 33, Seats 39 & 40. I am a shortie, so i couldn't see over the crowd very well. HOWEVER, if the sea of people parted just the right way, I would get to see each member at phenomenal moments. :mrgreen: Also, being in that section...there were a lot of tall people around, so I could kind of hide and rock out inconspicuously. :oops: :lol:

Where did you end up sitting?

Didn't make it to Hamilton myself :cry: Was just curious where you ended up or if you had got lucky and won the lottery :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Hey shimmy,
    How well or where abouts did your seats end up?

I had Floor, Row 33, Seats 39 & 40. I am a shortie, so i couldn't see over the crowd very well. HOWEVER, if the sea of people parted just the right way, I would get to see each member at phenomenal moments. :mrgreen: Also, being in that section...there were a lot of tall people around, so I could kind of hide and rock out inconspicuously. :oops: :lol:

Where did you end up sitting?

Didn't make it to Hamilton myself :cry: Was just curious where you ended up or if you had got lucky and won the lottery :D

Oh poo :( It would have been cool to meet you! :mrgreen:

I don't it feel would have been fair if I won the lottery for my first show...I would have felt terrible, as there are so many who have waited years and years. I'm weird like that. :oops:
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    Didn't make it to Hamilton myself :cry: Was just curious where you ended up or if you had got lucky and won the lottery :D[/quote]

I don't it feel would have been fair if I won the lottery for my first show...I would have felt terrible, as there are so many who have waited years and years. I'm weird like that. :oops:[/quote]

No I hear ya, but sometimes wierd things happen like that :) Next canadian tour i'm sure we'll get a chance. I would have hit Hamilton this yr, but I have a vacation planned for Dec and just couldn't do anymore this yr after Toronto.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    That whole day, pre-party and all, was more than I hoped for. I have been following the band for 20 years and this was my very first show, ever. It was amazing to be in a place where almost everyone there felt the same as I do about Pearl Jam. This was my dream set list. Yes, every single song. Why? Simply because Pearl Jam was playing.
    I had the exact same sentiments when I saw my first PJ show earlier this year. I knew I'd talked to you a bit on this board, but I didn't realize we were both PJ-live-virgins. :D

The line in bold is absolutely spot on, perfect.
    Glad to hear you got to see 'em! :)
    Thank you! It's just amazing how they can move us like that! :mrgreen:
    ilockyer wrote:
    Awesome post! Thanks for sharing (and organising the awesome pre-party!).
    Thank you and you are welcome! It was awesome to meet you too! :mrgreen:
    BLACK35 wrote:

I don't it feel would have been fair if I won the lottery for my first show...I would have felt terrible, as there are so many who have waited years and years. I'm weird like that. :oops:

No I hear ya, but sometimes wierd things happen like that :) Next canadian tour i'm sure we'll get a chance. I would have hit Hamilton this yr, but I have a vacation planned for Dec and just couldn't do anymore this yr after Toronto.

I do understand what you mean, Hamilton was our only show too, but I was so happy to have it. :mrgreen: