Current gear?

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited January 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
A couple questions..

1. What gear are the guys using for this tour
2. What gear are all of YOU using?

At the moment, I haven't been playing too much (firefighting and school are keeping me busy) but when I do, here's the gear:

Guitars:

Epiphone SG G-400 Custom Shop (main)
Epiphone LP-100
Squier Affinity Telecaster (with Mexi-Strat pickup)
Fender Mustang
Epiphone SG-Special
Fender DG8S Acoustic
Fender Stratacoustic
--My strat has been in the process of being fixed for over a year, now...I'm going through hell!--
Amps:
Fender Roc-Pro 700
Fender Frontman 25R(If I wanna be quieter)

Pedals:
BOSS TU-2 TUner
BBE Soulvibe
Dunlop JD4S Rotovibe
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-5 Tubescreamer
Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor
Ernie Ball VPjr.
DOD Ice Box Chorus
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Carbon Copy
Ibanez FL-9 Flange
Digitech Digi-Delay (2)

I took the two BOSS DS-1s, BOSS SD-1 and Fender Blender off the board.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Magnums

oh wait....
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • At PJ20 from what I can remember (now keep in mind I"m old I don't remember doo doo anymore): Mike had a 65 amp and a Satellite on stage with him. Jeff still has the Marshall head and the other mystery head. According to Stones tech, Stones Marshall is a 20th Anniversary JCM 800 2204 that he got about 2 weeks before PJ20. Ed, same amp set up.

For the rehearsals for the festival in Kokomo we are going to play at (which is the same set up I'll do live that day):

Fender American Standard P-Bass, strung with Ernie Ball pure nickle 45's thru 100's
    (Probably bring the trusty Peavey Axcelerator Plus for the back up)

All Tube Peavey VB2 head
    Ampeg SVT 6x10 HLF cabinet

Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Fulltone Bassdrive

One month away from the show
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Guitars: Classic Player Jazzmaster or American Series Stratocaster (right now I'm prefering the Jazzmaster)
    Pedal Chain: Crybaby Wah > Pitchblack Tuner > MXR Dynacomp Compressor > Boss BD-2 > Boss CE-5 > Boss DD-6 > Dunlop Rotovibe
    Amp: Traynor YCS50 Combo

Loving my setup right now! The Traynor YCS50 definitely was the missing piece of the puzzle.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Guitar: 94' Fender American Standard Strat

Effects: Vox WAH-->Pitchblack->DynaComp->Ultra Modded BossDS-1->TS-9->Russian Big Muff->Boss CE-5 Chorus->MXR Carbon Copy.

Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue. Here's the game changer. I changed the speaker

SPEAKER: Weber Blue Dog. 8ohm 50watt Pre-Rola Treatment
    THis speaker totally changed the sound of my set up for the better. Crystal clear fender cleans to creamy overdrives to screaming distortion with a sweet delay or chorus thrown in. If you ever are looking to change your speaker GIVE WEBER A LOOK!!!! Great guys and a better speaker.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    07 Les Paul Custom/95 Standard/08 Standard Strat>>>Boss tu2>Fulltone Clyde Deluxe>Ibanez FL9 flanger>Muff>MJM 2 knob Brit Bender>Catalinbread Ottava Magus>Fulltone OCD>MJM 60s Vibe>Analogman dual delay>Boss dd20 delay with fs5u tap>>>Egnater Rebel 20>2 1x12 cubes loaded with Celestion Blues or Marshall JVM 50w 2x12(with and ISP Decimator in the loop for the 2 nasty channels) with 1 Warehouse Green Beret(greenback clone) and 1 Warehouse Reaper 55hz(g12h clone)

I have one Monster Cable rock(gold ends) 20' from guitar to board and the standard Monster 20' from board to amp. Have Hosa patch cables except where I need custom lengths and those are basically the Planet Waves "make your own" kit. Don't waste your money on the Livewire patch cable kit.

All the pedals are housed on a Pedal Train Pro and powered by 2 Voodoo Labs PP+2s.

For picks, Dunlop gator grips 1.5mm(yes I use them on guitar, to the disbelief of every GC clerk I've ever encountered), though I've been considering downsizing to help with picking dynamics. I just hate flex.

Misc stuff and pedals just sittin around>>Dunlop steel slide, Joe Perry sig ceramic slide, ebow, Get'm Get'm 70s couch upholstery flowery strap for the Strat, Levy's thick gray canvas black/black leather for the Custom, Planet Waves red and blue bandana-ish for the Standard....

extra effects>>>DOD FX40B EQ, Gig-fx Chopper, EHX Soul Preacher, Dunlop Rotovibe, EHX Small Stone phaser

For acoustics Alvarez AD90SCK acoustic-electric and Alvarez RD20S12 12-string
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    They've all got new/different guitars this year it seems.

Stone's got a couple LPs with Bigsbys. The custom must be a historic or something. It looks new. Other than that it was the usual Strats with powerbridges.

Mike had a couple of nice non-reverse firebirds, a couple les pauls I haven't seen before and was playing the black rick 360 a bit. Though it's hard to tell at high volume etc. but I think Mike's amp setup with the 65 and the Satellite sounds incredible.

Ed's got a couple tele's I hadn't seen. The blonde/natural one was fitted with a canadian flag pickguard last night.

Jeff's got a pile of new basses.

All these guitars show up in the picture feed on the front page.

Me, I haven't turned on my electric gear in ages and just play my J-45.
  • Those reverse firebirds mike's been playing look amazing, i want to try one.

As for my gear: Gibson Explorer/Gibson LP Studio/Gibson ES-135/American Strat/American Tele>>Boss TU-3>Crybaby>Blues Driver>Phase 90>Small Clone>Carbon Copy>Homemade reverb>>Fender Pro junior/Fender Bassman/Homemade custom hi-gain amp.

I recently switched to the purple Tortex picks because, like DewieCox, i hate flex.
  • 1.In addition to what has been said ....Mike was also playing an ebony SG in Toronto.

2. Guitars: Gibson ES-335 Dot Figured, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Gibson SG Standard, Fender American Tele
    Effects: Cry Baby>>Blues Driver>>Boss Turbo Distortion>>(Marshall Guv'2 sometimes)>>Boss Tremolo>> DD-6
    Amp: Fender Hotrod Deville

Just an aside I cant get over how much I love my ES-335 (purchased recently) It has changed how I play and my tone dramatically....can plug it straight in and it sounds great...at high volumes gets some nice natural overdrive from the amp...highly recommend!
    Toronto - 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011 1 & 2.
    Buffalo - 2010
  • 1.In addition to what has been said ....Mike was also playing an ebony SG in Toronto.

2. Guitars: Gibson ES-335 Dot Figured, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Gibson SG Standard, Fender American Tele
    Effects: Cry Baby>>Blues Driver>>Boss Turbo Distortion>>(Marshall Guv'2 sometimes)>>Boss Tremolo>> DD-6

Just an aside I cant get over how much I love my ES-335 (purchased recently) It has changed how I play and my tone dramatically....can plug it straight in and it sounds great...at high volumes gets some nice natural overdrive from the amp...highly recommend!
    335, some day! I sold my brother my Sheraton, I want the real deal at some point.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V

335, some day! I sold my brother my Sheraton, I want the real deal at some point.

How did you like the sheraton...I (eventually) would love a John Lee Hooker Sig Sheraton
    Toronto - 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011 1 & 2.
    Buffalo - 2010

How did you like the sheraton...I (eventually) would love a John Lee Hooker Sig Sheraton
    Objectively, a GREAT guitar, just one I could never fall in love with for whatever reason.

The best metaphor I have is the girl you take out on a few dates, and on paper she's smart, funny, beautiful, but for whatever reason, you're not stoked to take her out again.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    because you meet her hot sister, the 335.

me-gusta.jpg?1310883034
  • exhausted wrote:
    because you meet her hot sister, the 335.

me-gusta.jpg?1310883034

The line of the year....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • My gear:

Guitars: 2003 Fender Mexico Strat, fitted with American Pickups. Also now sporting a PJ20 Sticker.
    Wishlist: '72 Thinline/Regular Telecaster

Pedal Chain: Guitar -> Ibanez TR-s Tube Screamer -> ProCo RAT II -> Boss DD 20 -> Amp

Amp is a Fender Frontman 212.

Not as impressive as some of you, it should be known Im a fender guy love em so much.
  • here's my gear setup:

Guitars:
    Gibson Les Paul Standard - 1995 Heritage Cherry Sunburst
    Martin DM-? Acoustic (not a top-of-the line model)
    (still waiting to find another PRS Green Quilt...oh, the one that got away...frown)

Amp:
    Marshall TSL 100 3CH head (can't wait to add a Boogie to the mix)

Cabs:
    Marshall 1980s 4x12 Cab with Greenbacks
    and old Ampeg 4x12 just to ease the load on my head

Into Pre-Amp Pedals:
    Loop-Master 5 Channel (+Tuner out) True Bypass Loop Switcher
    Boss TU-2
    Crybaby 535-Q (Chrome version from the mid 90s)
    Boss DD-5 Delay

FX Loop Pedals:
    Line 6 MM-4 Modulation Modular
    Line 6 DL-4 Delay/Looper
    BBE Sonic Stomp

Misc:
    I use all Mogami instrument/line cables (for non EQ-ed tone over many Monsters), and Monster Speaker Cables, along with a Monster Power Cable for my amp head. Pedals are powered with a PS-25 pedal board, and all that runs through a Monster Power Conditioner/Rack/Strip thingy. And the most important things are my custom earplugs; otherwise I'd ever be able to clearly hear my loud noises, and I'd probably be deaf by now.
    1998: Alpine night 2
    1999: Alpine Tibetan Freedom Concert (ed)
    2000: Tampa, Jones Beach x3, Alpine, Chicago, St. Louis, Cincy, Seattle x2
    2003: Champaign, St. Louis, Chicago, Alpine, Indy, KC, Council Bluffs, Philly x2
    2004: St. Louis
    2006: Chicago x 2
    2010: Indy
    2011: Alpine x 2
  • jrkooshjrkoosh Posts: 18
    I have a 64 Custom shop strat, and a PRS "lawsuit" LP copy. They do the job

amp - Mesa Lonestar Special. Got some great tubes. El-84

Board - planetwaves tuner

RMC3 Wah

Analogman King of Tone

Freekish Blues Alpha drive - dumble clone pedal. Thing effin rocks, and I use more than KOT

TC Electronics Flashback delay. I love this pedal, but I still miss my dl-4 with the presets. I had a very complicated delay for a bit (Eventide timefactor) so I went for plug it and go. the delay can do all of the Edge stuff and everything, but its my always on, so I may get another one for effects.

I have some random stuff kicking around (tremolo, rehoused chicken salad vibe), but I may minimize and get the Line 6 M5.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Update!

Now I'm running:

Dynacomp>Crybaby>Pitchblack>VISUAL SOUND ROUTE 808>CE-5>Rotovibe>Boss DD-6

Was on the OD hunt, and for $100, the Route 808 kicked ass, I preferred it to the screamer.
  • currently using:
    Guitars>Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson Les Paul 58 Murphy gold top, Gibson DG335, Fender Corgan Strat, 60s Classic strat

Amps> Bad Cat Custom Shop 30w el84, Orange AD30TC

Effects>ernie ball volume>Fulltone Clyde Deluxe>Rockbox baby blues>Rothwell Hellbender>Line6 DL4>Fulltone Deja Vibe>Boss Tremelo>EXH Holy Grail reverb> Radial ABY

On the bench> shannon uniphase>way huge swollen pickle>Russian Muff>Vox wah>Hot Cake>Boss tuner
    bad cat mini cat

wow, i've got too much crap. I really need to stay out of the music stores and off the interwebs...
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    For me main rig is

Eganter R30 > 4x10 marshall cab >Boss GT6> Boss DD3 > MXR script 90 > TS9 > Keeley BD2 > Boss TU2 > Crybaby >74 Fender Strat
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I'm thinking about getting an Epiphone SG-Special, it's almost half price at musiciansfriend.com and want to know if you would suggest getting it (for a beginner) ?
  • voidofman wrote:
    I'm thinking about getting an Epiphone SG-Special, it's almost half price at musiciansfriend.com and want to know if you would suggest getting it (for a beginner) ?
    I would go Les Paul 100, but that's just because I'm not a huge SG fan.

It would be a solid beginner guitar though!
  • voidofman wrote:
    I would go Les Paul 100, but that's just because I'm not a huge SG fan.

It would be a solid beginner guitar though!
    I have both. I LOVE the LP-100.

The SG Special weighs as much as a Gibson...and I'm very unimpressed with the tone. If you got the choice, go with the LP-100
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Guitars:
    2004 Fender Mexican Strat upgraded with 57/62 Fender Pickups, New Vintage Spec Pots and Wiring and Reliced
    2010 Epiphone Les Paul Plaintop Honeyburst upgraded with 57 Classic and 57 Classic Plus Pickups, Vintage wiring kit and Paper and Oil Caps
    2010 Squier Custom II Telcaster (Dual P-90s)
    2007 Ibanez PF Series Acoustic/Electric

Amps/Effects:
    Digitech RP-350
    1972 Fender Twin Reverb (Silverface)
    1973 Fender Champ (Silverface)

Wishlist: Schecter PT, Gibson Les Paul Jr (Pelham Blue), Gibson SG Classic, MJT Custom Fender 1952 Telecaster, Martin 00-15 Acoustic, VOX AC-15, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy, Dunlop 535Q Wah, Boss RE-20 Space Echo, Dunlop Univibe
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    My gear:

Guitars: 2003 Fender Mexico Strat, fitted with American Pickups. Also now sporting a PJ20 Sticker.
    Wishlist: '72 Thinline/Regular Telecaster

Pedal Chain: Guitar -> Ibanez TR-s Tube Screamer -> ProCo RAT II -> Boss DD 20 -> Amp

Amp is a Fender Frontman 212.

Not as impressive as some of you, it should be known Im a fender guy love em so much.

Nothing to be ashamed of!

I'm a Fender man too! '88 Fender Power Jazz Bass Special and an '01 Strat to go with my Epi LP. Not ashamed at all that I don't have a US made on the list (although I would kill for a US Strat, just not in the budget)
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?