New Hampshire - any suggestions?

goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm heading over from Sydney to New Hampshire in a few weeks for a work training thing and I was wonding if anyone had any recommendations on how to while away the evenings there? Anyone know of any decent bars in the Nashua area?
“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not sure about bars in Nashua (though I should since I have friends there), but check out Portsmouth NH while you're here, lotta great bars there. Same with Portland Maine. Not too far and a lotta fun. And remember, southern NH is an hour or less from Boston (the greatest city in the history of mankind). Also, you'll be coming at the peak of foliage season. Autumn in New England is like no place else on Earth. Enjoy goldrush!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Muddy River in Portsmouth. I'm on the Mass/NH border. If you can, Salem NH has alot of cool places. Manchester is awesome too! Depending on how much time you have.. Go visit the WHite Mountain region.. Beautiful! :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Cow tipping is outrageously fun!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I think Pot and Prostitutes are legal there, enjoy!
  • Make sure you stop and get some home made ice cream, the coconut is out of this world!!
  • Loon Mountain area is great, Kanga Mangas, The basin, lots to do
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not sure how much free time I'll have as it's a work thing but I really don't want it to just be work/hotel/work all the time. Hopefully I'll have some time to look around.
    Not sure about bars in Nashua (though I should since I have friends there), but check out Portsmouth NH while you're here, lotta great bars there. Same with Portland Maine. Not too far and a lotta fun. And remember, southern NH is an hour or less from Boston (the greatest city in the history of mankind). Also, you'll be coming at the peak of foliage season. Autumn in New England is like no place else on Earth. Enjoy goldrush!
    Thanks for that Fenway! I'll actually be stopping off in Boston on the way there (Sydney to Boston on the Saturday, leaving for Nashua on the Sunday night) so I'll have one day to check out as much of "the greatest city in the history of mankind" as possible :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • I live 10 minutes from Nashua. Check out these places:

The Pedlers Daughter...Irish pub, great bar and vibe. usually good music....Main st.

Martha's Exchange...Brewery, good beer, noisy on the weekends....Main st.

Unum...Great food, great bar, upscale but laid back....Pearl st.

There are plenty more...this list will get you down town and you can go from there...

Enjoy !!!
  • I live 10 minutes from Nashua. Check out these places:

The Pedlers Daughter...Irish pub, great bar and vibe. usually good music....Main st.

Martha's Exchange...Brewery, good beer, noisy on the weekends....Main st.

Unum...Great food, great bar, upscale but laid back....Pearl st.

There are plenty more...this list will get you down town and you can go from there...

Enjoy !!!

Good suggestions. :) Margaritas is also a fun place to hang.
  • Loon Mountain area is great, Kanga Mangas, The basin, lots to do

the kancamagus is a great scenic byway!! if have a few hours to kill, make the loop from rt 302 in north conway to the "kanc" to lincoln, then hop on 93 to franconia notch. absolutely beautiful!! if you're going to check out the basin (right off 93) stop and see it you can still take the tram up to the top of cannon mtn before it opens for the ski season (also right of 93). i'd say go see the flume gorge but it's already closed for the season-it's stunning. a good bar in the north conway area is the red parka pub, but i think it might be closer to bartlett (a little ways down 302 between n. conway and bartlett, so not in the village itself). sorry, i'm a white mountain junkie. i could go on all day:-) and if you are a skier, bretton woods is not to be missed:-)