AHHHHHHHHH........

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
memory foam mattress topper arrived today. Also a pair of side sleeper pillows. Now, to wait for the CPAP appoinment to get set up WITH the machine!!!

Restfull sleep , here I come!!!
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Seems like just about everybody I know has one of those machines.
    I'll be back
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    First sleep study , I was "asleep" for 394 minutes. My sleep was interupted 136 times. Average of 26 per hour. Basically I feel asleep every 5 minutes. Also O2 sats dropped to 77% for 41 minutes. Below 88% is not good.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Good luck to you!

I love my memory foam mattress topper. Restful sleep is wonderful.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    memory foam mattress topper arrived today. Also a pair of side sleeper pillows. Now, to wait for the CPAP appoinment to get set up WITH the machine!!!

Good luck man. May I ask what your symptoms were to lead you to a doctor for your sleep issues?
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Good luck man. May I ask what your symptoms were to lead you to a doctor for your sleep issues?

I think he originally sought help for that weird discharge.
    :o
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003

:lol::lol:

...i love my memory foam mattress topper. 8-) ...just don't get it wet. that sucks.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • RYEzupSF wrote:

...i love my memory foam mattress topper. 8-) ...just don't get it wet. that sucks.
    were you talking to me on the bed again?? :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    RYEzupSF wrote:

were you talking to me on the bed again?? :lol:

:lol::lol: must remember adult diapers...
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mickeyrat wrote:

whats the machine do?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    mickeyrat wrote:

whats the machine do?
    Forced air. My throat closes whil I'm asleep. Causes me to stop breathing. I hear thats not a good thing!! ;)

This is what the machine is for and does.
    The C would refer to "continuous"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_airway_pressure

DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

GF is a nurse!! Said I stop breathing in my sleep. Waking up tired like I never slept at all. Drooling while sleeping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

It was determined after my first sleep study I have Obstructive Apnea.

mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

GF is a nurse!! Said I stop breathing in my sleep. Waking up tired like I never slept at all. Drooling while sleeping.

Thanks for the info. I think I need to look into this.
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I think I need to look into this.
    You're most welcome.

One other symptom, abnormally loud near constant snoring.

The more I read about this...the more I definately need to schedule a sleep study. :wtf:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The more I read about this...the more I definately need to schedule a sleep study. :wtf:
    Dude, my second study was with the machine. Hadnt slept that well in I dont know how long. Even not being used to the machine.

Its expensive. Hope you have insurance. About 4K for both. Discounted for the Ins. co. though.

Call your Dr. They should make the referal.

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

whats the machine do?
    Forced air. My throat closes whil I'm asleep. Causes me to stop breathing. I hear thats not a good thing!! ;)

This is what the machine is for and does.
    The C would refer to "continuous"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_airway_pressure

yeah i can see how thatd be a problem. do you sleep on your back?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Dude, my second study was with the machine. Hadnt slept that well in I dont know how long. Even not being used to the machine.

Its expensive. Hope you have insurance. About 4K for both. Discounted for the Ins. co. though.

Maybe I could somehow rig a vacuum cleaner up and just reverse the airflow. :lol:
  • Custom-fit mouth guards
    can also be helpful.
    It turns out they're more common than
    I initially expected.
    Then again, it may not solve
    whatever ailments we're discussing here.
    Congrats on the memory foam!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    are ya'll talking about sleep apnea, Mickeyrat?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i have this as well, mickeyrat. it sucks when one can't sleep. i've had two different machines over the years. i've been to two different sleep clinics. i cannot sleep without my nose mask and tube and air machine.

i first had major issues when it came to crashing out with a lady friend, embarrassed i guess. aint no thing these days. it's simple, my throat seals up when i sleep/lie down, then i can't breathe.

sleep study clinics are booming. this (sleep apnea) is new ground for researchers. they know little compared to other issues. it is not even considered as serious as it is by insurance companies because of lacking testamonies i guess.

good luck, ratnuts.
    i once had a sleep number bed, those are nice as shit, costly but pretty nice i think.
    i am overdue for a new bed. this one i know have is small and stupid. but i am grateful i am not sleeping on a pillow made of concrete.

be well, Sirratnuts :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Maybe I could somehow rig a vacuum cleaner up and just reverse the airflow. :lol:
    shop vac and duct tape. You're set!!!! :mrgreen:

Yes to apnea rolling.

And no Cate. I dont actually. I'm a side sleeper. I'm told I get so relaxed the muscles in my throat just go limp.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

A LOT of people in my family have this. It's a shame, maybe they'll get this mattress or something because they all sleep on the floor with a machine.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

A LOT of people in my family have this. It's a shame, maybe they'll get this mattress or something because they all sleep on the floor with a machine.
    Oh the mattress topper is just comfortable to sleep on. Started on these a couple years ago. Heaven, I tell you. Exwife got the first one when I left. GF says " I LIKE this"

Got the machine yesterday. Slept with it for about 2/3s of the night. Will take some getting used to. Nowhere near as sore in the morning and not as tired either.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Got the machine yesterday. Slept with it for about 2/3s of the night. Will take some getting used to. Nowhere near as sore in the morning and not as tired either.

:thumbup: