Who tried the PJ20 pigeon..

13»

Comments

• I tried the dove/pigeon.....

I admit it....

The bacon it was wrapped in was delicious!!!!! hehehehehe

The dove was actually pretty good.....Seriously
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • No, thank you. And I'll eat pretty much anything.
    Just a little too rodent-y looking for me.
    Nice shirt.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I tried the dove/pigeon.....

I admit it....

Admit it proudly!! i'm kinda jealous. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

I admit it....

so there was a dozen....and one was ate? come on, somebody else had to try it....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    edited September 2011
    I just had veggies and dip and the chicken brat that my mom...i mean unlost made me :D

and i gotta say that chicken brat was quite yummy...
    Post edited by afroannnie on
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    chicken brats....who brought chicken brats to a tailgate :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

they were actually good..cheesy and spicy...I'm sure not as good as the bacon wrapped dove, but still good.
    chicken brats in wisconsin..... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:

they were actually good..cheesy and spicy...I'm sure not as good as the bacon wrapped dove, but still good.

They were chicken sausages!
    :x

And afroannnie... "Mom?" :x :shock: :(
    :cry::cry::cry:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 81 wrote:

I admit it....

so there was a dozen....and one was ate? come on, somebody else had to try it....
    I saw a few others try them....

And they were pretty good...

For Pigeons!!!! hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:

They were chicken sausages!
    :x

And afroannnie... "Mom?" :x :shock: :(
    :cry::cry::cry:

Just kidding with you...you made sure we were taken care of...I appreciate it! ;)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    afroannnie wrote:

Just kidding with you...you made sure we were taken care of...I appreciate it! ;)

I got your back, sistah! Except when the giant drunk guy was drooling on you and I scurried off to find security. It was like leaving David with Goliath, but no slingshot...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    afroannnie wrote:

I got your back, sistah! Except when the giant drunk guy was drooling on you and I scurried off to find security. It was like leaving David with Goliath, but no slingshot...

Thanks! Yeah that guy was a douche and then he got a little scary when he got in my face and started asking me "what's your problem?"...oh well, at least we didn't let him ruin our night! :D
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

I admit it....

I saw a few others try them....

And they were pretty good...

For Pigeons!!!! hehehehehehe

were they crunchy?? I mean were there bones?!? do you eat the whole thing including the bones?!?
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Just saw this....hilarious! Ok, they were dove, shot the day before in Casa Grande, Arizona. It's an annual hunting trip that has been going on for 50+ years, who knows? Paul started when he was a little kid and it's just a tradition. It's basically a fun time, but also serves the purpose to keep the dove population in control. They change the limit based on the population of the birds. You can't buy them anywhere, unlike quail they are not farmed. So, quite the delicacy. :) There were 11, 10 being the limit on morning doves, but there is an invasive species now that has no limit, hence the 11th one. Paul and I had 3, Speedy, Patrick had 2 I think, we saved one for Chef Merlin but can't guarantee he ate it, a couple from WI each had 1 ( the wife was from AK originally and she absolutely loved it ) sorry I can't remember their names but loved meeting and chatting with them. :) That makes the count up to 9 so missing 2. I know they were eaten and everyone said they liked them! We love them, and no they don't taste anything like chicken, duck would be the closest I think, but not as gamey. It's a dark meat. We flew in from different areas to meet at AV so really couldn't contribute much so thought the dove would be a fun thing to bring. I think it turned out well, especially thanks to Merlin's great bbq ability, but never thought it would create the buzz it has! :lol: Anyway, that's the story and so glad we were there and had a great time! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    ok then, mystery solved. But it leaves me with two questions:

1. how did you get them on the plane?

2. now what will become of this thread?
    wolfbear wrote:
    Just saw this....hilarious! Ok, they were dove, shot the day before in Casa Grande, Arizona. It's an annual hunting trip that has been going on for 50+ years, who knows? Paul started when he was a little kid and it's just a tradition. It's basically a fun time, but also serves the purpose to keep the dove population in control. They change the limit based on the population of the birds. You can't buy them anywhere, unlike quail they are not farmed. So, quite the delicacy. :) There were 11, 10 being the limit on morning doves, but there is an invasive species now that has no limit, hence the 11th one. Paul and I had 3, Speedy, Patrick had 2 I think, we saved one for Chef Merlin but can't guarantee he ate it, a couple from WI each had 1 ( the wife was from AK originally and she absolutely loved it ) sorry I can't remember their names but loved meeting and chatting with them. :) That makes the count up to 9 so missing 2. I know they were eaten and everyone said they liked them! We love them, and no they don't taste anything like chicken, duck would be the closest I think, but not as gamey. It's a dark meat. We flew in from different areas to meet at AV so really couldn't contribute much so thought the dove would be a fun thing to bring. I think it turned out well, especially thanks to Merlin's great bbq ability, but never thought it would create the buzz it has! :lol: Anyway, that's the story and so glad we were there and had a great time! :)

:thumbup: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

the search marches on for the missing doves.

or

we discuss whip cream
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I can talk about the brots that we got from the Piggly Wiggly for the tailgate.
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

the search marches on for the missing doves.

or

we discuss whip cream
    So very sorry we missed out on that! :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wolfbear wrote:
    We love them, and no they don't taste anything like chicken, duck would be the closest I think, but not as gamey. It's a dark meat.

:(

now I'm MORE bummed I missed out...I love duck, it's one of my favorites...

next year...I'm gonna hunt wolfbear down so I can try it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:
    We love them, and no they don't taste anything like chicken, duck would be the closest I think, but not as gamey. It's a dark meat.

Sorry we missed you but we'll see you in Vancouver! :) You're close enough we can have you up next year for the dove! :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wolfbear wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

Sorry we missed you but we'll see you in Vancouver! :) You're close enough we can have you up next year for the dove! :lol:

right on! :thumbup:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    I guess I missed out on the pigeon...must have left the party a little too early! The ground up pig and cow were yummy though :)
    I have another question: do you eat them on a bun or roll of some kind? use any sauce like barbeque or ketchup? mustard maybe?

and what about all those tiny little bones? do you take the bones out? or just chew and crunch them?
  • No, thank you. And I'll eat pretty much anything.
    Just a little too rodent-y looking for me.

I would have eaten the "Glorified PIGEON" if I HAD to :shock: .

I did NOT have to :ugeek: .

Lucky for us, my boy Speedy came through with some Italian sausage :mrgreen: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!