How the hell?

of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
How the hell does one use ebeans? I need to get some price info on a poster and have not the slightest damn idea on how to use the site? Any insight from you intellects that use the site often?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    sheila0225 wrote:
    How the hell does one use ebeans? I need to get some price info on a poster and have not the slightest damn idea on how to use the site? Any insight from you intellects that use the site often?

Try asking those "Porch" or those "lost dogs" people
    You might have better luck than asking us "trip" folks.
    :wtf:
  • hmmmm...I'm no expert, but just type in the print you're searching for (or band name and year) in the search box and it should display a few choices. Then click on the text to the right of the thumbnail and the poster details should come up. There's a graph that plots the highest and lowest sales as well as the 6-month average of what the print has been selling for. What print? I'll look it up for you.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    EV Chicago Night 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    sheila0225 wrote:
    EV Chicago Night 2

this year?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    EV Chicago Night 2

this year?

Yes...from this past solo tour
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    You guys are the best. Thanks. I have an extra of night 2. What to do with it now?
    sheila0225 wrote:
    You guys are the best. Thanks. I have an extra of night 2. What to do with it now?

sell it to me? face value of course

- Christopher McCandless
    what do you know of the purple variant of the PJ20 Hampton poster?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    RKCNDY wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

sell it to me? face value of course
    :lol::lol::lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    sheila0225 wrote:

there were only a handful made, not sure about the number. If you sell it to someone here, you can only sell for face value. if you do have a variant, get it properly framed or in a file folder...please don't buy a cheap frame at Michaels and stick it in there, those frames are NOT acid free, or use UV glass, so it will eat away at the paper eventually, and the value is diminished.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

there were only a handful made, not sure about the number. If you sell it to someone here, you can only sell for face value. if you do have a variant, get it properly framed or in a file folder...please don't buy a cheap frame at Michaels and stick it in there, those frames are NOT acid free, or use UV glass, so it will eat away at the paper eventually, and the value is diminished.

I went to Michaels last night to get a price quote to have the the four posters I have custom framed and was mortified by the price. And since I'm new to this whole framing poster thing....I feel they are just pushing the best of the best at me. Which in turn isn't bad...but at one point last night when he was telling me the price...I almost died! :shock: :o :shock: What does typical custom framing run? And is there anything certain I should be aware of when doing this? As you can tell...I'm brand spanking new to the poster craze. :oops:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sheila0225 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

I went to Michaels last night to get a price quote to have the the four posters I have custom framed and was mortified by the price. And since I'm new to this whole framing poster thing....I feel they are just pushing the best of the best at me. Which in turn isn't bad...but at one point last night when he was telling me the price...I almost died! :shock: :o :shock: What does typical custom framing run? And is there anything certain I should be aware of when doing this? As you can tell...I'm brand spanking new to the poster craze. :oops:

check with cmktk or whatever his name is....the hoff

i had a custom frame made for a friends college diploma...wanna say it was like ~$100
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    sheila0225 wrote:

yes, framing is VERY expensive. Michaels usually will run sales on framing: 60% off and twice a year 'an additional 10-15% off' usually around the holidays or right after. I went to get one poster quoted, single mat it was $175. I don't trust the framer at the Michaels near me as I had to wait for her to finish her smoke break before I could get a quote. (smoke smells can permeate the artwork)

81 is right, CJMST3K runs very good deals, like frame 2+ posters and shipping is free (or something like that). He is finishing his frame shop and said he will run a special when he is open. Does great work...I'll look up a thread of his work unless 81 beats me to it.

- Christopher McCandless
    fine work the man does...yes, very fine work

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139695&hilit=poster+framing+special

- Christopher McCandless
    so is it safe to say or recommend that I wait until he finishes his shop and just have him do the framing?
    sheila0225 wrote:
    so is it safe to say or recommend that I wait until he finishes his shop and just have him do the framing?

i'd say it all depends...the hoff has a good rep and is a pj fan, so it's safe to assume he will do an excellent job...

i'm also sure you can find a framing shop locally that will do an excellent job.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

i'd say it all depends...the hoff has a good rep and is a pj fan, so it's safe to assume he will do an excellent job...

i'm also sure you can find a framing shop locally that will do an excellent job.

:lol:

Ok...when looking for a framing shop locally...what are the things that one should ask for specifically for posters? So they can retain their color and quality while hanging. I'd hate to have themframed and then 2-3 years later realize the color is fading
    never did a poster....

i do remember seeing a good thread around here (on the porch) about what to do when framing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    sheila0225 wrote:

Ok...when looking for a framing shop locally...what are the things that one should ask for specifically for posters? So they can retain their color and quality while hanging. I'd hate to have themframed and then 2-3 years later realize the color is fading

ask for UV glass, this prevents the rays from reaching the print/ink and fading the color. DO NOT dry mount the posters and then frame, they may try to talk you into it, but it is basically gluing the print to a piece of foamcore and it is stuck there forever. Sure it's cheaper, but if you want to sell the poster later, serious collectors won't buy.

I have some PJ art (self done) I framed and went to a self frame shop. I went in, said I'd never done it before, and he showed me how to measure everything, and he cut the mat, frame and glass for me, showed me how to put it all together. Cost me $120, if I got a frame shop to do it, it would have been $275.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

ask for UV glass, this prevents the rays from reaching the print/ink and fading the color. DO NOT dry mount the posters and then frame, they may try to talk you into it, but it is basically gluing the print to a piece of foamcore and it is stuck there forever. Sure it's cheaper, but if you want to sell the poster later, serious collectors won't buy.

I have some PJ art (self done) I framed and went to a self frame shop. I went in, said I'd never done it before, and he showed me how to measure everything, and he cut the mat, frame and glass for me, showed me how to put it all together. Cost me $120, if I got a frame shop to do it, it would have been $275.

Thanks for the info!!