Options

***HeadCount auctions autographed PJ poster***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
edited October 2008 in The Porch
AUTOGRAPHED POSTER AUCTIONED (CAMDEN, NJ, 6/19/08)

A poster from the June 19th performance in Camden, NJ, donated by the band and autographed by all of Pearl Jam, is being auctioned off by the non-profit voter registration group HeadCount (http://www.headcount.org). To bid or view please visit http://www.headcountauction.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?action=BuyerViewProductDetail&ProductID=1000000000325987.

HeadCount joined us at every show on our summer tour and registered over 1,000 voters.
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    only 1000? at how many shows? with like 20,000 at each one?
    seems a little low to me...i hope that most PJ fans are already registered...

i voted today! you should too!
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    sweet! an auction .. not run by ebay!
    i'm in!

:)
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    only 1000? at how many shows? with like 20,000 at each one?
    seems a little low to me...i hope that most PJ fans are already registered...

i voted today! you should too!

I think it's like you said. Most fans were probably already registered to vote.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:

i didn't. i mean, couldn't. cause i'm canadian.
    but i so wanted too!
  • Options
    I just wanted to thank Pearl Jam for their generosity and support this year (I am the executive director of HeadCount). They have been wonderful to work with and Eddie's shout-outs were inspirational for all our volunteers.

We set a goal of 100 registrations per show for the June tour, which took into account the demographics of Pearl Jam fans, who are a bit older on average than many of the artists we work with. We hit and slightly surpassed that goal.

Working with Pearl Jam also had many intangible benefits for a young organization like ours. The credibility that comes with dropping the "PJ" to other artists, and the pride our volunteers felt, played a big part in helping us achieve our overall goal of 100,000 registrations.

We appreciate the support we got from everyone in the Pearl Jam camp, from Eddie to the management to the fans. The donation of this poster is just one of many things we have to be grateful for.

Andy Bernstein
    http://www.HeadCount.org
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    demetrios wrote:
    but i so wanted too!
    should've contaced Acorn!!!

:p

Nice donation PJ!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    I just wanted to thank Pearl Jam for their generosity and support this year (I am the executive director of HeadCount). They have been wonderful to work with and Eddie's shout-outs were inspirational for all our volunteers.

We set a goal of 100 registrations per show for the June tour, which took into account the demographics of Pearl Jam fans, who are a bit older on average than many of the artists we work with. We hit and slightly surpassed that goal.

Working with Pearl Jam also had many intangible benefits for a young organization like ours. The credibility that comes with dropping the "PJ" to other artists, and the pride our volunteers felt, played a big part in helping us achieve our overall goal of 100,000 registrations.

We appreciate the support we got from everyone in the Pearl Jam camp, from Eddie to the management to the fans. The donation of this poster is just one of many things we have to be grateful for.

Andy Bernstein

Awesome!
    Sam
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    should've contaced Acorn!!!

:p

this Acorn?

http://www.2momluvme.com/kardz/acorn.gif
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:

i hope that was the case cause 1000 voters for the whole tour is pretty low....

"florida's gotta fucking vote" EV WPB 2008....
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645
    demetrios wrote:
    but i so wanted too!

the HeadCounters were nice folks, their approach was very friendly and they got a kick out of the "i'd vote for Obama if i could, but i can't because i'm Canadian" line,...

as for the signed PJ poster, it appears as though eV's *latest* signature now reflects the new "E" for both his first and last name :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    is it me or does that look like a Camden II poster? i see more yellow than red but that could just be the camera flash
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    the HeadCounters were nice folks, their approach was very friendly and they got a kick out of the "i'd vote for Obama if i could, but i can't because i'm Canadian" line,...

as for the signed PJ poster, it appears as though eV's *latest* signature now reflects the new "E" for both his first and last name :)

i got hugged from one person at the nyc 2 msg show from a woman from head count for some reason. must of been the pj stuff i was telling her about. ;)

the new e signature's are sweet. first time i seen it was on tour doing the ed wishlist foundation preparties in montreal. i seen a few friends who had their ticket stub's signed by ed during the pre showing apperance.

so far, i'm in the lead of thy auction!
    sweet! :)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    demetrios wrote:
    i got hugged from one person at the nyc 2 msg show from a woman from head count for some reason. must of been the pj stuff i was telling her about. ;)

the new e signature's are sweet. first time i seen it was on tour doing the ed wishlist foundation preparties in montreal. i seen a few friends who had their ticket stub's signed by ed during the pre showing apperance.

so far, i'm in the lead of thy auction!
    Good for you D, I hope you win!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777

Andy Bernstein

And welcome to our Message Pit family too, Andy. :)

Best,
    Kat
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431

Andy Bernstein

Are you the Andy Bernstein that started the Pharmer's Almanac?? That was like my bible in high school and college when I was touring with Phish!:D Either way, welcome to the board.

*edit* I just went on your website and saw that you are him!! haha
    Hell yeah:cool:
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Nice.

There is one bad part about knowing who the highest bidder is and that is I would never take something that the "D" covets. He has shown much love to all of us. But then again, I still want that autographed skull!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    i registered with them at dc :)
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    jaamfaan wrote:
    Nice.

There is one bad part about knowing who the highest bidder is and that is I would never take something that the "D" covets. He has shown much love to all of us. But then again, I still want that autographed skull!!!
    i took his woman ;)
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i took his woman ;)

d'oh!
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    Nice.

don't worry. it's ok.
    it's all for a good cause.

:)
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    go demetrios! haha im too poor, awesome stuff tho
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    allstar340 wrote:
    go demetrios! haha im too poor, awesome stuff tho

we'll see what happens. and see what happens this sunday. ;)

http://www.religiousmall.com/name_days20.php
  • Options
    somebody beat me by 20.
    so the game begins.
    well .. for now.
  • Options
    sweet! still in the lead. hopefully!
  • Options
    4 more day's left, and D's in the lead.
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    thanks for posting
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    4 more day's left, and D's in the lead.

sorry "d" i cant let that low bid win.
  • Options
    sorry "d" i cant let that low bid win.

d'oh! i'll go 600, or a zillion.
    but that's about it.
  • Options
    why do people bid on online auctions days (or weeks) before they end?
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    why do people bid on online auctions days (or weeks) before they end?

it's because we are crazy.
    and .. it's not an 'ebay' auction!
    which makes things more crazy.

did i tell you, that i'm crazy!
    thought i did.
    oh yeah!

lol