Options

Ed's Day Off....Not Hard to Imagine....

given2fleyegiven2fleye Posts: 47
edited August 2008 in The Porch
If there's any musician i would chose to meet instead of Ed, it would be Bruce (sorry Ed-we were both 12 when i started listening to Bruce). So of course, i wake up today thinking....what's Ed gonna do on his day off before the Jersey show....a little jaunt down the shore.....catch a few waves.....talk Obama.....dinner at the Springsteen's.....

If that happens i hope it's a 60 Minutes piece....
or we see it on youtube....

btw...did any of you PJ'ers catch Eddie and Laird Hamilton on "Iconoclasts" on cable last year (i think it was the Sundance Channel)
if hope could grow from dirt like me.....

"well I know for sure that if we met up eye-to-eye....a little wine would bring us closer...you and I"...Pete Townshend
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    i still have that iconoclasts on my dvr. really great to see such giants kick back like that.

i'm sure that ed had his fill of nyc for the past two days...almost makes sense that he would do the whole shore thing. during the week is way more manageable then the weekend insanity....i'd almost get off my ass and hit the parkway if i was 100% in believing this, but which beach would he be at?...it's all fun to imagine though...
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    I watched Iconoclasts w/ Eddie and Laird, I thought it was pretty neat.
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    If there's any musician i would chose to meet instead of Ed, it would be Bruce (sorry Ed-we were both 12 when i started listening to Bruce). So of course, i wake up today thinking....what's Ed gonna do on his day off before the Jersey show....a little jaunt down the shore.....catch a few waves.....talk Obama.....dinner at the Springsteen's.....

If that happens i hope it's a 60 Minutes piece....
    or we see it on youtube....

btw...did any of you PJ'ers catch Eddie and Laird Hamilton on "Iconoclasts" on cable last year (i think it was the Sundance Channel)

the only other person i really want to meet besides Ed would be Michael Jordan.yeah..he's not a musician but he was as masterful as Mozart on the court!!

i'm pretty sure just about everyone who comes on this board has seen Eddie and Laird Hamilton on "Iconoclasts".we are a bunch of PJ junkies around here :D
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    He won't be going out to surf today... No waves:(

But if he did I think he would most likely(and this is only for convience for travel distance) hit up Sandy Hook or a few spots in Long Branch. I can't see him going to much further south but then again who knows.

If he ever wants to go out I can bring him to some nice spots(of course it depends on the swell).
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    the only other person i really want to meet besides Ed would be Michael Jordan.yeah..he's not a musician but he was as masterful as Mozart on the court!!

I met MJ in the winter of 2006. He came to my store and picked up about a quarter mil worth of watches for himself, friends and families for the holidays. He walked into the store with the biggest smile on his face, waved to about 40 of my coworkers and pretty much made everyone's year just with his awesome precense.

Truly a great man, a legend, an inspiration and just fuckin cool to stand next to.
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
    Blank
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I watched Iconoclasts w/ Eddie and Laird, I thought it was pretty neat.

I still havent seen this.....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12