Serena Williams

Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Stupid B@tch. Thank god she lost the US open... how dare she act like that on 9-11 in NY. Watch the video after the controversial play. After every point she won she stared down the ref like she was a gangsta from Compton. Then after she didnt shake the refs hand, later at the podium, she shrugged , like 'big deal' when they told her she won 500K. Not a word about 9-11 in both her speeches.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/1 ... 57772.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SAM STOSUR!!!!!

its been a while since an aussie won the womens US open. well done. :clap:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I'm really glad Sam won. She played with class especially having to watch the bullshit Serena was pulling. I hope the USTA fines her but they won't. If it was McEnroe........ Different story
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    edited September 2011
    this isn't even comparable to McEnroe, today was the worst sportsmanship at the worst time at the wrong place. It was embarrassing.
    Post edited by Dark Star on
  • Dark Star wrote:
    this isn't even comparable to McEnroe, that was the worst sportsmanship at the worst time at the wrong place. It was embarrassing.

I agree but in this politically correct world they will give her a pass
  • quimby20 wrote:
    Dark Star wrote:
    this isn't even comparable to McEnroe, that was the worst sportsmanship at the worst time at the wrong place. It was embarrassing.

I agree but in this politically correct world they will give her a pass

Yeh, not the end of the world I know, I don't even care about a fine or what not. I just want people to know what kind of person this is. She is a piece of sh*t.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    What a true American!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,571
    SAM STOSUR!!!!!

that girl is ripped
    www.myspace.com
  • I know literally nothing about Tennis, but it is my understanding (mainly from what the commentators and the story said) that they were supposed to replay the point, not simply give it to the other woman. So Serena goes from winning the point, but because she did something stupid it is just given to the other person. So I can see why she was mad, but she's partly to blame.

But it does seem like the official sort of screwed up also.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SAM STOSUR!!!!!

that girl is ripped

she is. and now shes also US womens open champion. :thumbup:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • sammy! great to see her take the next step after the french last yr.

now they just need to start penalising all the other cheating bitches on the womens tour. azarenka, sharapova et al.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    sammy! great to see her take the next step after the french last yr.

now they just need to start penalising all the other cheating bitches on the womens tour. azarenka, sharapova et al.

how are they cheating?
    www.myspace.com
  • sammy! great to see her take the next step after the french last yr.

how are they cheating?

Aural distraction. Deliberately attempting to put off their opponents with unnatural and unnecessary squealing, grunting, moaning and shrieking.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Dark Star wrote:
    Stupid B@tch. Thank god she lost the US open... how dare she act like that on 9-11 in NY. Watch the video after the controversial play. After every point she won she stared down the ref like she was a gangsta from Compton. Then after she didnt shake the refs hand, later at the podium, she shrugged , like 'big deal' when they told her she won 500K. Not a word about 9-11 in both her speeches.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/1 ... 57772.html
    But she IS a gangster from Compton, isnt she? ;)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I know literally nothing about Tennis, but it is my understanding (mainly from what the commentators and the story said) that they were supposed to replay the point, not simply give it to the other woman. So Serena goes from winning the point, but because she did something stupid it is just given to the other person. So I can see why she was mad, but she's partly to blame.

the rules are fairly clear ... if you gesture or yell out something before the other person has played their shot - you lose the point ...

serena williams is a narcissist in many respects ... this outburst shouldn't be a surprise to anyone ...
    sammy! great to see her take the next step after the french last yr.

how are they cheating?

Aural distraction. Deliberately attempting to put off their opponents with unnatural and unnecessary squealing, grunting, moaning and shrieking.

come on....women tennis players have been doing that as long as i can remember...
    www.myspace.com
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    monica seles is the first tennis grunter i can recall
    now men and women grunt and groan at will

serena is an american
    and rafael nadal is the only one to mention 9/11?
    for shame, serena
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • polaris_x wrote:
    I know literally nothing about Tennis, but it is my understanding (mainly from what the commentators and the story said) that they were supposed to replay the point, not simply give it to the other woman. So Serena goes from winning the point, but because she did something stupid it is just given to the other person. So I can see why she was mad, but she's partly to blame.

the rules are fairly clear ... if you gesture or yell out something before the other person has played their shot - you lose the point ...

serena williams is a narcissist in many respects ... this outburst shouldn't be a surprise to anyone ...
    Seriously. Did you see her sister's expression at the end of the clip? Didn't seem surprised at all...just a little mortified.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • polaris_x wrote:

Yeah, I don't even watch tennis and I'm more than aware of her character. Something like this just seems unnecessary, she went from winning a point to losing the point, simply because she couldn't get out of her own way. Wait until you win the match to celebrate, or at the very least the end of the play. It's sad to see talented athletes that do shit like this to themselves. Terrell Owens comes to mind, so much talent, but an ego that gets in the way.

As for the rules, like I said, I don't know them. I was just going by what was being said, but the commentators don't always know. Just like that Packers/Saints game the other night, Al Michaels didn't know the rule on that kickoff where the guys foot slipped into the endzone after going down and it was called a touchback.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    anyone watch novak and rafa slug it out yesterday ... that was some remarkable tennis ... by two classy guys too ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    polaris_x wrote:
    anyone watch novak and rafa slug it out yesterday ... that was some remarkable tennis ... by two classy guys too ...

I watched the last two sets. Great tennis and a lot of fun to watch. McEnroe had more fun than anyone watching it, dude was giddy calling the match.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    you can take the girl out of the ghetto......
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Lizard wrote:
    you can take the girl out of the ghetto......

Well, I am not sure saying someone is unattactive on the inside is the most ghetto of insults...but yeah.