Options

Toronto Hotels - Help from Canadians!

Red BurritoRed Burrito Posts: 476
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I am looking for a cheap hotel in or near Toronto. Maybe something under $90.00 that is not too far from Massey Hall and the Hockey Hall of Fame. Any help would be great!
Thanks...
the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    This thread might be a good start http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=293653
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I just this second got the Delta Chelsea for $70 per night (plus tax) on priceline!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    i just looked on hotwire (for curiousity sake) and you can get a 4.5 star hotel in downtown toronto west (which isn't too far) for $100.....

if you go on hotwire, and you want to be relatively close, limit your search to downtown west and downtown east.....you'll be within walking or cheap cab ride distance.....
  • Options
    pjjaxpjjax Posts: 23
    Hey everyone,
    Great thread. I'm going to be flying in and I have no clue where to go or where to stay. I'm looking for affordable hotels, in a safe area, so I can walk around. Are these downtown ones alright? Also, if there are any other ladies on board or locals, is there good shopping around downtown area? Like I said I am a total newbie to T-Dot! Thanks!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    pjjax wrote:
    Hey everyone,
    Great thread. I'm going to be flying in and I have no clue where to go or where to stay. I'm looking for affordable hotels, in a safe area, so I can walk around. Are these downtown ones alright? Also, if there are any other ladies on board or locals, is there good shopping around downtown area? Like I said I am a total newbie to T-Dot! Thanks!

Hey there,

Check out this link: http://www.google.com/search?q=toronto+hotels&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

A, B, and D are all downtown and very central. The others are pretty good as well, although I'd recommend staying west of Young St - it's a little sketchy that way. Downtown is pretty safe, and very close to lots of shopping. The Eaton Centre is right there (which has hundreds of stores), and if you talk a walk west on Queen St W during the day there's lot of unique shopping there as well.

Sorry I'm no lady, so my input on shopping may not be the best ; )

Edit: I meant it's sketchy east of Young St.
  • Options
    pjjaxpjjax Posts: 23
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Hey there,

Check out this link: http://www.google.com/search?q=toronto+hotels&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

A, B, and D are all downtown and very central. The others are pretty good as well, although I'd recommend staying west of Young St - it's a little sketchy that way. Downtown is pretty safe, and very close to lots of shopping. The Eaton Centre is right there (which has hundreds of stores), and if you talk a walk west on Queen St W during the day there's lot of unique shopping there as well.

Sorry I'm no lady, so my input on shopping may not be the best ; )

Thanks!!!