Google + or Facebook

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
My mentor is the social media director where I work. She invited me to Google+, and now we are figuring out in what situations we would use google+ versus facebook. Does anyone have a use for facebook that is different from your google + use?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't have much use for either. :arrow: :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I have both, but until there are more people on Google+, I'm using Facebook.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    wtf is google+ :?
  • conman wrote:

Yet another social media site. It's Google's latest attempt to get in the act, and it's currently in beta/ invite mode only.
  • conman wrote:

Yet another social media site. It's Google's latest attempt to get in the act, and it's currently in beta/ invite mode only.

Something I continually forget to check... :?
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    I have both, but until there are more people on Google+, I'm using Facebook.

+1
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Google+ is gonna make facebook the new myspace

It rocks
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    conman wrote:

great, just the world needs, another social media site :roll:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    intodeep wrote:

It rocks
    Do you use it a lot? What features make it more advanced than facebook.com? I took the virtual video tour, but I don't use the new features, yet. I posted a couple things on my wall, but I could do the same thing on facebook.com. I was stumped as to why I should use it.

What would make a busy person use google+ over facebook.com?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

It rocks
    Do you use it a lot? What features make it more advanced than facebook.com? I took the virtual video tour, but I don't use the new features, yet. I posted a couple things on my wall, but I could do the same thing on facebook.com. I was stumped as to why I should use it.

The circles make it key to me. Being able to pick and choose which of my friends see what content i want to share. I have a circle for work, geeks, music, family. You can make any kind of circle you want. Then you pick what circles you want to see your post.

When i want to talk about dorky stuff like how i met Felica Day at DRagon con this weekend i don't need my buddies i play fantasy baseball with busting my balls for it so i dont share it with that circle i just share it with my "geek" circle who would enjoy hearing about it :D

I also like how when someone post on one of your post it pushes it to the top of your stream. Really its very similar but i like the interface more.

I think since google plus came out facebook made it easier to pick and choose who sees yoru post which they did as a reaction to gooble. To me they should have made things easier a long time ago instead of waiting for someoen to force their hand.

Like i said outside of the circles for me it really is the interface i like a lot more.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    intodeep wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

It rocks

The circles make it key to me. Being able to pick and choose which of my friends see what content i want to share. I have a circle for work, geeks, music, family. You can make any kind of circle you want. Then you pick what circles you want to see your post.

When i want to talk about dorky stuff like how i met Felica Day at DRagon con this weekend i don't need my buddies i play fantasy baseball with busting my balls for it so i dont share it with that circle i just share it with my "geek" circle who would enjoy hearing about it :D

I also like how when someone post on one of your post it pushes it to the top of your stream. Really its very similar but i like the interface more.

I think since google plus came out facebook made it easier to pick and choose who sees yoru post which they did as a reaction to gooble. To me they should have made things easier a long time ago instead of waiting for someoen to force their hand.

Like i said outside of the circles for me it really is the interface i like a lot more.
    Thank you, intodeep!