Options

For people with gooooood taste in music...

BarackStarBarackStar Posts: 20
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Hey kids...

So I'm looking to break in some new fans, I bought tickets for six of my friends to MSG next week...In advance I made them some live mixes of the band we love more than anything on earth. Would love to get some opinions on them. Tried to achieve a nice cross section, used the Mansfield shows of '03 as a point of reference as I tried not to repeat songs, that way they would have as broad as scope as possible for the upcoming shows...if you have the time, would love to know what you think...

NIGHT 1
Main Set: Long Road, Hawaii '78, Come Back, Waiting on a Friend, Wasted Reprise, Love Boat Captain, Hail Hail, Save You, Life Wasted, Pilate, Harvest Moon, Crazy Mary, Parachutes, Porch
Encore 1: Sonic Reducer, World Wide Suicide, Lukin, Not For You, Solider of Love, Go, Blood
Encore 2: Last Kiss, Nothingman, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Glorified G, Leash, Kick Out The Jams, People Have the Power
Encore 3: All Along The Watchtower, Fortunate Son, Rockin in The Free World

NIGHT 2
Main Set: Release, Breakerfall, Animal, Whipping, Grievance, Deep, Green Disease, Patriot (2003), Gimme Some Truth, Who You Are, Education, Army Reserve, Garden, Dissident, Gone, Insignificane, Bleed For Me, American In me, Indifference
Encore 1: No More, Masters of War, Hard to Imagine, Marker In The Sand, Red Mosquito, Inside Job, Footsteps
Encore 2: Rats, Once, Satan's Bed, Faithfull, Severed Hand, I Believe In Miracles, Smile
Encore 3: The Kids Are Alright, Baba O'Riley

NIGHT 3
Main Set: Interstellar Overdrive / Corduroy, Last Exit, Brain of J, State of Love and Trust, I Got Shit, Cinnamon Girl (tease), MFC, Cropduster, Jeremy, Given to Fly, Daughter / It's Ok, I Am Mine, Unemployable, Sad, Light Years, Even Flow, Spin The Black Circle, Why Go
Encore 1: Small Town, Leatherman, I Got You, Do The Evolution, Comatose, Alive
Encore 2: Betterman, Black, Rearviewmirror
Encore 3: Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter / Little Wing

Would love to hear your opinions...

Thanks to all that took the time to read this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    That night 2 set is sweet
  • Options
    Thanks Evo...

While trying to make it fun for a novice...I also tried to make it enjoyable as possible for a ten club member like us. Quite honestly, and the Bonnaroo set helps to prove that point, it really doesn't matter if this bands plays the hits. Just the mere fact that this bands plays is what people enjoy. That's something that we should be proud of, don't ya think?

I mean, how many bands can you think of, that even if they stray to album tracks, b-sides, and covers - you still leave the show witnessing something special. Two of the people of are HUGE Springsteen fans, so I thought they would appreciate the diversity.
  • Options
    Bump, would love some more thoughts...
  • Options
    Bump