Options

EV in Chicago

keithcandylkeithcandyl Posts: 82
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I'm all ready to buy tickets tomorrow for Chicago during the pre-sale. But my husband thinks we should wait to buy when tickets are on sale to the general public. He thinks the first balcony would better than sitting down in the orchestra level (I'm assuming that's where the 10c tickets would be). He thinks that having a bird's eye view would be best and that if we aren't elevated that EV would probably be sitting behind his monitors and our view would be restricted that way. I think he wouldn't have any equipment between him and the audience so that wouldn't be an issue.

Can anyone who has been to the first solo tour comment at a similar venue please comment?

Thanks a bunch.
And if there's something you'd like to do. Oh, just let me continue to blame you.

EV Chi 1, 08/21/08
EV Memphis, 06/20/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    You are right and your husband is wrong. Guessing that is often the case :)

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I'm all ready to buy tickets tomorrow for Chicago during the pre-sale. But my husband thinks we should wait to buy when tickets are on sale to the general public. He thinks the first balcony would better than sitting down in the orchestra level (I'm assuming that's where the 10c tickets would be). He thinks that having a bird's eye view would be best and that if we aren't elevated that EV would probably be sitting behind his monitors and our view would be restricted that way. I think he wouldn't have any equipment between him and the audience so that wouldn't be an issue.

Can anyone who has been to the first solo tour comment at a similar venue please comment?

Thanks a bunch.

Go with your gut, girlie. All EV has on stage is his suitcase and some other little prop stuff, a couple of guitar/mic stands and him.

Get your fan club tix.. you won't regret it :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I am going to try and get tickets through the 10C, but also want to see how good of seats I can get through the public. If I secure both 10C and regular tickets, is it legal to sell my 10C tickets the day of the show (say on Craigslist or the boards here), FOR FACE VALUE (including my fees from 10C)? I dont want my membership revoked, but I am also worried the 10C seats might not be as good as tickets I get through the public sale...
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    adschnei wrote:
    I am going to try and get tickets through the 10C, but also want to see how good of seats I can get through the public. If I secure both 10C and regular tickets, is it legal to sell my 10C tickets the day of the show (say on Craigslist or the boards here), FOR FACE VALUE (including my fees from 10C)? I dont want my membership revoked, but I am also worried the 10C seats might not be as good as tickets I get through the public sale...
    If you do that and get both, just post here and I GUARANTEE you'll have a bunch of people lining up to get that extra pair! :)

And, no, at face value its fine and no one will be mad...
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    adschnei wrote:
    Just come here and sell them to another 10C member and all will be fine.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago