Ok Dad...

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So my poster that I bought from Lone Drawn Meteor off of the Lost Dogs forum ( damn it!! by the way.. the peeps taking over with me.. we will conquer here too!!) got here today. So I'm all excited about it and trying to be ultra careful opening it. and the whole time my Dad is asking what it is and where it came from...SO I'm explaining that PJ has a trade thread where we fans are allowed to buy, sell, and trade all things PJ amongst ourselves. He answers this with, "well that's stupid they're ripping themselves off.." So I tell him.."Not really seeings how the peeps selling or trading this stuff originally bought it from a show OR the TC itself, therein all those proceeds going to the band." So I told him that there are fans on here that GIVE things away too in contests and that I'd already won one of them.. and then proceeded to show him my lovely copy of Binaural on vinyl.. he says " they just gave that away??" So I laughed and said yeah..Well he's quiet for a minute.. until I actually unravel my poster and am beaming looking at it.. He wanders over across the basement to look at it, and it's really cool, the KC show from last year.. He just shakes his head.. so I look at him and ask"what?" he says " I shoulda expected something so vulgar from a band that named themselves after SPERM!!" I about died laughing..So since the actual version of where the name came from, is a bit boring, I told him Ed's original story about the great grandma.. His eyes got all wide, and he says.." So see??? I told you these guys are druggies, and everytime you buy this stuff from them you're buying them their drugs!!" So I ( being the smartass I am) say.. " Really?? How do you know that they don't pay their bills or mortgages with the money I spend?" ( which by the way I often spend enough to PAY off their mortgages!!) THAT ended our conversation.. Anyhow I thought you guys might get a kick out of that!! My Dad IS a retired Pastor so give him some slack.. but still I about died when he saw the poster!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not to be mean, but for a retired Pastor, he's awfully judgemental. :o

But I would just chalk it up to being generational gap issues.
  • Not to be mean, but for a retired Pastor, he's awfully judgemental. :o

But I would just chalk it up to being generational gap issues.
    That's what I say too!! Anyhow it was kinda funny
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol:

really funny story... and we all apologies him because he was a Pastor and he has enough with that kind of decisions :lol::lol:

:thumbup: btw, great answers to his questions
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I'm kind of glad my dad is a little more open minded to (almost) all kinds of music (except for rap)

One time on a mini road trip I played Ten, Vs, Vitalogy and No Code in a row. After they were all done he said, "he doesn't sing through his teeth anymore."

lol, good ear dad!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Even though Ed had mentioned in an early VHS promo video that Pearl Jam is named after his "great grandma pearl", I've read other stories online. ...but, yeah, "ok dad".
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    That's pretty funny. I actually have a friend who's a pastor, and he's a huge PJ fan. He even went with me to one of the Eddie solo shows a few years back.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016