You know when you accidently say something way too loud?

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Happened today... I said something out loud in one of my lectures...

Stopped the whole lecture of 250+ people and some Doctor in science education... whoops...
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• not the same, but it reminded me of my college art class, I walked in late, and stoned, and the teacher made sure everyone was aware of it (the late part).

Very embarrassing to say the least. :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ...and I thought this was a story about unlost and camels, and their toes...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    My best friend is a loud talker and has no filter. He doesn't say bad things intentionally about people but...well he just says what he sees. I find myself often in the OP's position while hanging out with him. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

did you see her camel toe sunday. :shock:

i wanted to say something, but didn't want to deal with that akward moment alone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i wanted to say something, but didn't want to deal with that akward moment alone

on Rt 50 between Lake Geneva and Delavan, there was a place we passed that was some sort of petting zoo. They were advertising camel rides. made me think of you guys and I chuckled each time we drove by.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

on Rt 50 between Lake Geneva and Delavan, there was a place we passed that was some sort of petting zoo. They were advertising camel rides. made me think of you guys and I chuckled each time we drove by.

:lol: i wish i had known. i would have taken unlost in for a ride. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol: i wish i had known. i would have taken unlost in for a ride. :lol:

haha....well, "CAMEL RIDES" was written accross this big ladder thing, which is what I figured people would use to climb up and mount the camel, for their ride
    :lol::lol::lol:

stop! I am crying I'm laughing so hard!...need to make a new thread...

sorry to derail OP!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Hey!

I was wearing capris, and they were LOOSE! :x
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Hey!

81 started it!

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Hey!

:lol:

i tried to get Rye to tell you, but she just wanted to drink/smoke/dance. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hey!

81 started it!

:evil:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    RKCNDY wrote:

reminds me of the t-shirt I saw in Dubai (not really):

"My girlfriend went to Dubai, and all she brought back was Camel Toe"

or

" I saw Camel Toe in Dubai"

(please picture a funny characature of a camel)
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hey!

:lol:

i tried to get Rye to tell you, but she just wanted to drink/smoke/dance. :lol:

Priorities. 8-) Plus, nothing wrong with a little wildlife in a cornfield.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

or

Joejoejoe, you are not helping the situation hereherehere.
    :x
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

or

Joejoejoe, you are not helping the situation hereherehere.

I have no idea about any situation!
    :x
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    pjfan31 wrote:

Stopped the whole lecture of 250+ people and some Doctor in science education... whoops...

a few years ago i was out at a bar with friends and these 2 girls were gushing over this local tv weather lady that was in the bar and i very loudly proclaimed 'please she is 2-bit weather hack, tell me when someone important comes in' - unfortunately i said this loud enough for the weather person and her friends to hear the whole thing. they gave me a dirty look but didn't do anything. still i felt about 2 inches tall afterwards.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    LOL! I hate when I am talking loud in order to talk over other loudness around me and then the other noise stops and its only me talking loud and everyone looking!
    Save room for dessert!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    A bunch of us were in a small bar in Utica NY drinking on a Saturday afternoon when I noticed a flyer on the wall for Quiet Riot and they were playing the bar that night. This was probably around 96-97. In a fairly loud half drunk voice I said "ten years ago that band ruled the radio and now they are playing a shit bar in Utica NY"...just as I close my yapper I look to my right and this guy is staring death at me...

69004.jpg

Yup Frankie Banali, drummer for Quiet Riot, and I'm pretty sure if he had a gun I'd be a dead man. :lol:
  • Ok..Once I was at a fundraiser thing for one of the charities we raised money for in K.C. and I was just making an appearance cause I had to go home to take care of my sister ( she'd JUST had back surgery)..So it was in this loud and crowded bar and I was talking to my best friend, meanwhile the band in the background was just a jamming away. So i get all comfy talking loud, which once I get to meet some of you, you will realize that I don't need a background of loud music to do well.. So Nancy tells me her husband is being such a jerk that night but he had INSISTED on going.. So I have no idea that right as the band stops, and Mike arrives with their drinks I would manage to swallow my foot, saying this super duper loud.. "Mike is a fuck wad, you should leave him and marry some one who LOVES you". He was right behind me.. And said "Thanks Tree, you're never allowed at my house anymore".. but fear not.. he forgave me, and a year later even bought me a ticket to PJ, for helping Nancy and him out with the house and Grand-daughter, when Nancy had her hernia surgery.. but man I wanted to die!!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    try this one on for size Unlost!!!!

Did you ever wonder if camels looked down at their feet and say... Oh MY GOD I HAVE PUSSY FEET
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    mickeyrat wrote:
    try this one on for size Unlost!!!!

Did you ever wonder if camels looked down at their feet and say... Oh MY GOD I HAVE PUSSY FEET

:shock: :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    pjfan31 wrote:

40,000 posts later

For holy Pete's sake, what DID You say?

And if it was YOUR lecture, how could it have been accidental....did you not know you were in "mic range" or something like that?
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    DS1119 wrote:
    My best friend is a loud talker and has no filter. He doesn't say bad things intentionally about people but...well he just says what he sees. I find myself often in the OP's position while hanging out with him. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My friend is a bit like that, only he has this fatal habit of actually RAISING HIS VOICE at the very points when he should really be lowering it - so the conversation to the person on the next table goes something like 'blah blah blah do you think that guy is gay? blah blah blah cocaine blah blah blah nice ass! blah blah'

Sometimes it's excruciating to be out with him. I've tried pointing this out to him on many occasions, but he doesn't seem to be able to adjust - he has a kind of 'reverse filter'
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I get caught with this all the time,my open opinions get me in trouble frequently :oops:

Most recent,unattractive women at work complaining constantly that her hair got wet in the rain on her way to work,I asked her to stop moaning about this.
    She replied "But I make a conscious effort to look nice every day and now my hair is ruined"

I told my collegue what she had said adding "With clothes 5 sizes too small for her more than ample frame she makes a spectacular Asda/Walmart Shopper attempt at looking nice" :roll:

My colleagues face froze ... the women had come in the room behind me and heard every word :? :oops:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I get caught with this all the time,my open opinions get me in trouble frequently :oops:

Most recent,unattractive women at work complaining constantly that her hair got wet in the rain on her way to work,I asked her to stop moaning about this.
    She replied "But I make a conscious effort to look nice every day and now my hair is ruined"

I told my collegue what she had said adding "With clothes 5 sizes too small for her more than ample frame she makes a spectacular Asda/Walmart Shopper attempt at looking nice" :roll:

My colleagues face froze ... the women had come in the room behind me and heard every word :? :oops:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Rollings wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

40,000 posts later

And if it was YOUR lecture, how could it have been accidental....did you not know you were in "mic range" or something like that?

Geez, I can barely remember, happened a couple of months ago... and it wasn't all that funny

The lecturer had previously spoken about using gender neutral terms. She made a big deal when someone answered that something was man-made. She made a song and a dance about it 'don't say man made bla bla,'

Anyway, so 5mins later, I was having a jovial conversation with the girl next to me and she said 'man-made'... Jokingly (and way too loud) I said 'Don't say that word'

Thats all, not funny, but just too loud.. And It stopped everything...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    tremors wrote:
    My friend is a bit like that, only he has this fatal habit of actually RAISING HIS VOICE at the very points when he should really be lowering it - so the conversation to the person on the next table goes something like 'blah blah blah do you think that guy is gay? blah blah blah cocaine blah blah blah nice ass! blah blah'

:lol::lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Rollings wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

40,000 posts later

Geez, I can barely remember, happened a couple of months ago... and it wasn't all that funny

The lecturer had previously spoken about using gender neutral terms. She made a big deal when someone answered that something was man-made. She made a song and a dance about it 'don't say man made bla bla,'

Anyway, so 5mins later, I was having a jovial conversation with the girl next to me and she said 'man-made'... Jokingly (and way too loud) I said 'Don't say that word'

Thats all, not funny, but just too loud.. And It stopped everything...
    now I wish you had kept that to yourself. :mrgreen:

boy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    :lol::lol: See, was nothing... Just the timing was no good...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014