Samsung Galaxy S, or S2 or iPhone?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Who has what?
I am looking at a new phone.
I've read a mixture of positive and negative reviews on the Galaxy S and nothing but positive for S2.

Should I go for S, S2 or an iPhone?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hostishostis Posts: 441
    anything but iphone.... anything but cr'apple'....
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I'm looking at getting a new phone too....I was thinking iphone5 (if it ever fucking comes out)....but I either hear "def get iphone" or "def DO NOT get an iphone"....but I wonder if those people are just anti apple and let that taint their opinion?

To the person above me, why did you call apple "crapple"? What is so crap about apple? I have many friends with macs and they LOVE them.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • I read negative and positive reviews for all the phones I mentioned above.
    It makes it friken hard to choose.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • definitely S2.

but don't get it stolen like me.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I don't understand all the hate for apple. Are people really that upset about not being able to see flash video?

http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4-stil ... =pulsenews

In my opinion I would hold off until the iPhone 5 arrives. (in about a month). iOS5 will be bringing some amazing capabilities including the cloud.

http://www.redmondpie.com/apple-seeds-n ... =pulsenews
  • Got the Galaxy S...LOVE IT!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I would say the IPhone but wait for IPhone 5. I have had my IPhone since March and I enjoy it very much.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm looking at getting a new phone too....I was thinking iphone5 (if it ever fucking comes out)....but I either hear "def get iphone" or "def DO NOT get an iphone"....but I wonder if those people are just anti apple and let that taint their opinion?

I think you see such polarizing opinions of Apple is the same reason you see the same polarization with the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees. Those two organizations are the biggest, richest, and most popular of their resepctive leagues. Also typically people (fans) either love or hate them. Same with Apple. They are by far the biggest guys on the block right now and it's not even close. They pretty much dominate the mobile world and don't seem to be slowing down.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    They pretty much dominate the mobile world and don't seem to be slowing down.

yet they are only the the second most popular operating system.

just sayin....

do you down under people have 4g yet? i wouldn't buy anything but a 4g phone if i was in the market and there was 4g service in my area.

and flash is a nice feature......

go to the store, check out the various phones, and pick the best one for you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited September 2011
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

just sayin....

Check in on that next year at this time. I think the only reason they are not the biggest was being tied in with only one carrier for so long in the U.S. With Verizon renewals now on board for the holiday season and T-Mobile probably coming on board it's only a mtter of time. I do agree you should hit the stores and try them all. One phone isn't always ther best for everyone. I had a Blackberry and believe it or not there are things that dinosaur did that I really miss.
    Post edited by DS1119 on
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

just sayin....

Check in on that next year at this time. :)

http://hothardware.com/News/Android-at- ... are-in-Q2/

48% vs. 19% wow.

sure, it's likely that ios will pop a little if and when the iphone5 ever comes out.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    http://hothardware.com/News/Android-at- ... are-in-Q2/

48% vs. 19% wow.

sure, it's likely that ios will pop a little if and when the iphone5 ever comes out.....

When you consider that Apple sells one IPhone, ok granted they have a 16gb and a 32gb but its the same phone, and it was histroically on one carrier and Android is on how many different phones across how many carriers?

http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+Briefly+ ... e22397.htm

I'm just saying....

:lol: (Ilove that thread...need to bring it back to life today!)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    If you want to compare the actual operating systems, does that number include itouches an iPads?

There are so many android phones in the market and most are shit phones. Usually they start out at 199$ and then go down to 49$ or by one get one free within two months.

I've tried both and my preference is iOS.

My suggestion would be to try each phone out for 30 days then choose.
    If you want to compare the actual operating systems, does that number include itouches an iPads?

There are so many android phones in the market and most are shit phones. Usually they start out at 199$ and then go down to 49$ or by one get one free within two months.

I've tried both and my preference is iOS.

My suggestion would be to try each phone out for 30 days then choose.

i believe just phones...it would be interesting to see the tablet numbers. i would guess apple has the lead now (like they did with phones last year), but that the android tablets will be catching up quickly in the next year.

as for the price drop...the good phones stay up there for longer than a month. the EVO was at 199 for close to a year, although it can be had for cheap now as they clear inventory for the next hi end phone.

if it's a bad phone, than yes, the price will drop faster, but overall, i would say the big driver of android price dorps is that a newer better one is coming out every 6 months+-
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Iphone 5 is out in a few weeks they say..the galaxy S2 is a nice phone but will b updated soon. As its been out for months in europe..

Galaxy S2 is also suppose to get a 3D camera and screen by oct/nov.

I'm waiting for the nexus prime out next month. True iphone fighter. Dualcore, 720p screen..yummy :ugeek:
  • 81 wrote:
    do you down under people have 4g yet? i wouldn't buy anything but a 4g phone if i was in the market and there was 4g service in my area.

Not yet. 3G is what we have.
    I think 4G won't be far away.
    Is 4G a faster network?
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    81 wrote:

Is 4G a faster network?

I read an article saying that Telstra are introducing 4G to certain major cities by the end of August 2011.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

Is 4G a faster network?

I read an article saying that Telstra are introducing 4G to certain major cities by the end of August 2011.

I hate Telstra with a passion.
    I would rather starve than eat their reception.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

Is 4G a faster network?

4g rules....it's a ton faster than 3g. it's like dial up vs. cable. ok, maybe not that dramatic, but you get the point
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • iPhone enough said