Options

~~~~showing Some Love For Boom~~~~

acsdataacsdata Posts: 40
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I don't know if this has been done in the past or not, but after reading some posts where people seem to really bash Boom, I thought it would be good to just have a thread giving a word of support for the man. I know a few have mentioned that it didn't look like he was all that happy on this tour, and who can blame him, especially if he ever read some of the shit people would text before the show started, or worse yet read some of the stuff posted here. For God's (who I believe in) sake, he's a human being, let the man enjoy his opportunity to do something that we'd all love to do. To me, I'm not a keyboard man, but he does add a great dimension to the band's sound. I don't think I've really appreciated it until lately.

So I just wanted to give a shout of appreciation for Boom. Please, if at all possible, I'm hoping that this thread will remain positive. Thanks for the space.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Love Boom, love keyboards! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    fuckin awesome thread! i hate when people boom bash ..
    i love hearing him and cready shred it up during crazy mary and all that.
    he adds this cool jam-band-ish sense to the band. idk .. for some reason i dig it alot. they don't over use his talent, so it's ok. i mean, it's not like fuckin leash has a b3 solo. his talent is expressed in all the right places. i love that fuckin dude!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I would like to smoke a joint with Boom!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Stone hates him
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,294
    Hail Hail Boom!!!
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    Boom really deserves this thread. Never understood the bashing, just love what he does for the band.
  • Options
    HangLooseHangLoose Posts: 3
    I really like the sound PJ has when Boom is doing his thing on the organ. I've heard Crazy Mary live two times and when Boom does his solo I just close my eyes and float off somewhere. It's amazing!

Hang loooose BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!
    Cheers from Stockholm/Sweden,

2 x NY MSG 08
    Copenhagen 07
    Berlin 06

I thought the world, turns out the world thought me...

Wind Surfing is the name of the game!
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Pearl Jam is playing the best they ever have live. They sounded so great on this last tour and alot of that has to do with the fact that they have a Keyboard player like Boom Gasper to fill out their sound. It gives Mike some space to do his cool leads and it also free's up Stone to do his thing as well. Add Eddie on 3rd guitar, Jeff on Bass, and Matt on drums and you have a really full sound coming from the stage.

I'm a Boom Fan
  • Options
    I love Boom... to the point that Audiodave and myself are naming our first cat after him :o

HAIL BOOM!!! :D:D:D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    lets not forget Love Boat Captain...booms great! adds a new dimension to PJ without completely changing their sound
    It's been about three days now since I've been aground.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    BOOM is awesome and SUCH a nice guy!
    you can tell he really appreciates the chance to play the music and he appreciates the fans.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    WilliedogWilliedog Posts: 43
    Love me some BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!
  • Options
    LowkeesLowkees Posts: 9
    i went to 6 shows this year and the best ones were the ones where Boom hardly played, (WPB). I hate keyboards, this isn't the 80's...
  • Options
    its the b3 organ and it sounds nothing like anything out of the 80s
    It's been about three days now since I've been aground.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    Booms fine...he adds some fun energy and a terrific smile on stage. The B3 sounds good on some songs.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    Lowkees wrote:
    i went to 6 shows this year and the best ones were the ones where Boom hardly played, (WPB). I hate keyboards, this isn't the 80's...
    I was gonna say something,but than again its all opinions.Listen to Brent Mydland from the Dead.He also played the B3.Its just my opinion I thought he brought the best out of the Dead as does Boom.Go to archive. org.Stream some boards from 1989.Brent and Boom don't play for The Flock of Seagulls.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    I wasn't really aware of any BOOM bashing but... why? I think he's great. I didn't even like Crazy Mary all that much until he started playing with them and Wasted Reprise is a beautiful way to split up a set in a live show. He's THE MAN!!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Love Mr. Boom :D
  • Options
    Stone hates him

Why?
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Boom is awesome. Love Reign O'er Me at Mansfield was superb. The band uses him really well - he is subtle and comes on and off the stage frequently to add a fullness to certain songs - and to give the other musicians an opportunity to be loose and more jammy. He was a bit overboard at times in '06 but this past tour he was used perfectly and was a key part of the epicness of this most grand of tours.
    Thank you Boom Gaspar
  • Options
    i like him now
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    booooooooooooooooooom!!!!
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    Boom Rules

He's really the one calling the shots in Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Boom Rules

He's really the one calling the shots in Pearl Jam

Well someone should get on his ass about having them come down to Texas. :)
  • Options
    acsdata wrote:
    Well someone should get on his ass about having them come down to Texas. :)

Boom plays when he wants, and where he wants.
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    i always said what a great addition to the band Boom's keys were. what a wonderful instrument and a wonderful compliment to a great band like pj.

its such a shame that they didn't turn Boom's keys up loud enough at the Columbia show.
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    BOOM rocks! Love ya man! :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.