Options

"I'm Still Here" ...recorded EV 'poem' & where can I get a copy!!

NoOne'sRivalNoOne'sRival Posts: 299
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I just heard this for the first time, somewhere on the world wide web...does anyone know where I can get a copy, or if it was ever recorded on an album and if so what album it is off of? I checked the SONG LIST and it's not there, it's not really a song, just Ed telling a little story, but just listening to his voice tell the story, so damn moving..any help? Not sure if I posted this in the right place either, but it was the room with the most folks in it right now...Thanks
"Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
"Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shoot me a pm and i should be able to help you out
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Options
    fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
    gremmie.net (com) try both
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    lisafitz wrote:
    I just heard this for the first time, somewhere on the world wide web...does anyone know where I can get a copy, or if it was ever recorded on an album and if so what album it is off of? I checked the SONG LIST and it's not there, it's not really a song, just Ed telling a little story, but just listening to his voice tell the story, so damn moving..any help? Not sure if I posted this in the right place either, but it was the room with the most folks in it right now...Thanks

It was never released, there was a rumor for a while that it was on the Japanese version if Lost Dogs but that's not true.
    The song was leaked .... it wasn't meant to be released.

I agree its beautiful, heart wrenching but beautiful :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you it along with a version I can gaurantee not a lot have ever heard on here.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    vluggagevluggage Posts: 69
    Does anyone have an idea as to when this was recorded? I was just wondering what album, if any, it would have been on.
    "I think I kinda want it."
  • Options
    I swear you guys gotta see this vid- you can HEAR him reading it...............
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    1/2 Empty wrote:
    Does anyone have an idea as to when this was recorded? I was just wondering what album, if any, it would have been on.

I don't think we have the exact point in time when this was recording but it was before Riot Act was released i wanna say this was recorded around the end of 2001 - beginning of 2002.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    This song is unbelievable.
    It's a "hidden jewel".
    The lyrics are amazing. I could listen it the entire day without getting tired.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Almost sounds like I'm Open, guitar wise.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    Almost sounds like I'm Open, guitar wise.
    oh crap- you're right!!

• Options
    CaliBigWaveCaliBigWave California Posts: 82