Dave Matthews
Neil young
Arcade fire
Santana

http://www.livemusicblog.com/2011/09/06 ... announced/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WHAT A FAHQING LINEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    From http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/09/arcade-fire-foo-fighters-eddie-vedder-beck-lead-bridge-school-benefit-2011/

This October marks the 25th anniversary of Neil Young’s annual Bridge School Benefit. The two-day concert seeks to benefit the Hillsborough, CA-based school, which assists children with severe physical impairments and complex communication needs.

The monumental milestone warrants a mighty lineup; this year’s bill is lead by the likes of Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, Tony Bennett, Beck, and Eddie Vedder. Joining them will be Los Invisibles (featuring Carlos Santana and other guests), Mumford & Sons, Diana Krall, and Jenny Lewis. On the whole, that’s a better roster than half of the music festivals this year alone. Kudos, Mr. Young.

It all happens next month, on October 22-23rd at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA. Tickets will be available via LiveNation.com beginning Friday, September 16th at 10am PST.

The full lineup:

Neil Young
    Dave Mathews
    Arcade Fire
    Los Invisibles, featuring Carlos Santana, Cindy Blackman Santana & Guests
    Eddie Vedder
    Foo Fighters (Sunday only)
    Mumford & Sons
    Tony Bennett (Sunday only)
    Beck (Saturday only)
    Diana Krall (Saturday only)
    Jenny Lewis
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Can't wait!!!! What a line-up!!! It is going to be amazing!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    wow.....checking flights
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    wow.....checking flights

if you buy the poster and flip it, you could cut your costs
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Shit, now I gotta take another road trip?
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,937
    Sawyer wrote:
    wow.....checking flights

if you buy the poster and flip it, you could cut your costs

:lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    Well this quickly obliterated my post-PJ20 blues.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,751
    that is a GREAT line-up! i still won't go though. :D
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    Sawyer wrote:
    wow.....checking flights

I'm a few steps ahead of ya. I went last year for the first time and had such an incredible time I booked my hotel and flight in February for this weekend. I figured the 25th would be special and it is. One of the best vibes for a concert I've ever experienced and I average 30 shows a year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    looks like I'll be driving from los angeles. already checking out car rentals. Sucks foos are only on sunday but plenty of great music for both nights. can't wait!
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    You know, I really want to whine about how PJ hasn't played a non-festival gig in San Francisco since 2006 ... but holy christ on a cracker, that line up is *ridiculous*.

See all you mofo's there!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    WOW!!! What a lineup. Wonder if Neil can arrange for this to be released on a DVD/Bluray and have all proceeds go to the Bridge School. This would be amazing to own since many can't attend.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Yeah that is a pretty good lineup, checking to see if it makes sense to drive down.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i have a problem
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    Neil alone is worth the trip, but i can't afford it as much as I want to go... DAMN IT. Anyone got a spare ticket?
  • Options
    Gonna try and find someone that wants to go with me from Los Angeles to split everything. Gonna be a great weekend
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
  • Options
    How much are tickets usually?
  • Options
    How much are tickets usually?

Off memory ...

Nice reserved / pavilion - $150ish
    Not as nice reserved / pavilion - $75ish
    Lawn $40-45ish

... someone correct me if I'm way off base.

Remember, it's a benefit concert.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    I didn't get to make it to PJ20, but this has made it all better! :D:D:D I can't wait!!!
    Li
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    :shock: EV, Dave Matthews, Foo Fighters, Neil :shock:
    Pearl Jam is my favorite band, DMB is my second, the Foos are my third. And of course, Neil is Neil and is legendary. That's without even mentioning the awesome other acts!! WHY DO I LIVE AND GO TO SCHOOL ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY?!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    So now I'm really stumped as to why Neil didn't show at pj20...
    Jet Blue has a sale that started today with some good SF fairs (at least from Long Beach).
    I just can't do another trip this soon!
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,751
    Grandma wrote:
    So now I'm really stumped as to why Neil didn't show at pj20...

...because neil will show up during the canada shows...just watch. ;)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    FYI ... check Southwest for flights. Oakland is one of their hubs which is accessible to San Francisco by train and only another 20 minutes further to Mountain View.

• Options
    Mozzy wrote:
    Well this quickly obliterated my post-PJ20 blues.

THIS. thank goodness bc i did not think anything could make them go away. :D
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • Options
    I have been on a high all day since the lineup was announced. Fucking ay, Eddie and Neil would have been more than enough for me. But add Arcade Fire (doing an acoustic set, I can't even fathom that) and Mumford and Sons (two bands I absolutely love), the Foos, Beck(!!!), and even DMB, and this blows away any "festival" lineup I have ever attended. I will be there both days, no questions asked, I don't care that my wife is going to kill me after we just blew over a grand at PJ20.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    samjam wrote:
    :shock: EV, Dave Matthews, Foo Fighters, Neil :shock:
    Pearl Jam is my favorite band, DMB is my second, the Foos are my third. And of course, Neil is Neil and is legendary. That's without even mentioning the awesome other acts!! WHY DO I LIVE AND GO TO SCHOOL ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY?!

I feel ya man... I could punch something... or just weep
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    This line-up is superb! I wish I could go but have family matters that are even more fabulous!!!!
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    how difficult do you think getting tickets to this will be? I'll be myself, so I was hoping I might be able to get a decent seat...don't mind ending up on the lawn either, as long as I manage to be there!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,894
    I really want to go to this. Seeing as how I just got back from PJ20 on a tight budget, I don't know if I can make it happen. I have a good friend that lives in Palo Alto too that offered up a place to stay and wants to go to the show as well. Ugh.