Options

Rearviewmirror 8/10/00

eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 971
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Hey there folks. its absolutely freezing here in Dublin so i put on the 'Ice Bowl' gig from East Troy on 2000. it warmed my soul i can tell you. in my opinion the band were so tight during the Binural tour and just listen to Rearviewmirror(the last song). its a band at their peak. how cold was it that night does anybody know??? the middle part of the song is truly amazing. they are so loud. It brought back memories of when eddie jumped into the crowd in the point in dublin in june 2000.

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    I was there. It was hella cold.
  • Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 801
    dissident from pittsburgh is included on tb2000 dvd, right? you can see the cold from mike's and eddie's mouth when breathing hehe. was this show outside or what?
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    From http://www.twofeetthick.com :

"10/08/00 - Alpine Valley: East Troy, WI [130m]
    attendance: 40,000
    support act: Supergrass
    set: Of The Girl, Hail Hail, Breakerfall, Whipping, Corduroy, Animal, Elderly Woman, Dissident, Given To Fly, Faithfull, Even Flow, Untitled, MFC, Light Years, Off He Goes, Insignificance, Black, Jeremy, Porch
    enc: Wishlist, State of Love and Trust, Go, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Daughter/(The Wrong Child), Smile, Rearviewmirror
    notes: "Welcome to the ice bowl," comments Ed after 'Hail Hail.' 'Whipping' is an excellent, tight version. Ed fucks up the beginning lyrics of 'Corduroy,' so he changes the lyrics in the middle of the song indicating it is "too fucking cold to sing." After 'Animal' Ed starts talking about how when people listen to the boots later on, in order to understand how cold it is, if they work in a restaurant they should open the freezer, and if they live in Antarctica they should just open the screen doors. He mentions that if anyone who actually lives in Antarctica hears this, this song can be for them because it's about a small town, leading to 'Elderly Woman.' Stone pogoes the entire 'Even Flow' solo, seemingly to keep warm. The extended version of 'Untitled' includes additional lyrics, including something about getting to somewhere warmer and then memories and forgiveness. During 'Jeremy,' Ed falls backwards over the monitor at the end. The bridge in 'Porch' includes several lines from Dead Moon's 'It's Okay.' When the band returns for the encore, Ed is holding a "Let Ralph Debate" sign and tapes it to the front of his monitor. He also mentions that it is going to be a very memorable show, referring to the weather. Mike has guitar problems at the start of 'Go' and Ed changes one of the first lyrics to "where's Mike McCready?" At the end of 'Daughter,' Ed starts chanting at a rapid pace: "Thunder road, thunder road, thunder road" (a nod to Bruce Springsteen). Ed makes a joke about No Code sales before 'Smile,' saying that the guy who wrote the lyrics in his notebook (Dennis Frog, who is side stage) receives 2/3 of a cent for each copy of the album sold ... "so that comes to (laughing) well ... No Code ... like $20 (laughs), no $200?" He turns to Stone, "How much money?" and Stone says "$2000." Matt is on the large screen (and seems to know it) while the stage is darkened for 'RVM.' He exhales in unison with his kick drum, which draws a laugh from the crowd since everyone can see his breath. How cold was it? Mike is bundled up in a hat and scarf (scarf around his face all night); Stone has a hat on; Ed doesn't remove the jacket the whole show; Matt is wearing a long sleeve shirt. Cold (28 degrees by show's end). 'Oceans' was on the setlist as the opener but not played."

Cool show (literally!). I wasn't there, but my very first PJ show was the following night in Chicago, and Ed commented how cold it had been the night before and how glad they were to be back inside!
    You can see "Dissident" from this show on the Touring Band 2000 DVD.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016