Holy Crap! You can post from the plane!

unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey, that is a he'll of a big lake down there.

Can't believe I'm flying right now.

So totally got lost on the drive from Delavan to Milwaukee. Kept seeing signs for Green Bay.

Finally get to airport, turn in rental car, get boarding pass at kiosk. Wandering toward gate, hear "Hey Unlost!" and there is my friend Morello, waiting for her flight back to New Zealand. So how can I not spend time with her? She is so cool, we hadn't had an opportunity to catch up since the preparty. So we relive the weekend, then I reluctantly say I had to go since the flight was leaving in 15 minutes.

Walk toward the gate, see an enormous line of people.

Shit! I forgot about the security screening! So there I am in my black PJ20 shirt, yellow backpack, thinking, crapcrapcrapcrap. So I say, "um, my plane is boarding. Do you think I'll make it?" and the woman looks at me, not unkindly but incredulous. "No. Just go."

Do you know that all of those people motioned me ahead all the way to the front of that line. I'm crawling under the barriers, backpack askew, sandals falling off... TSA guy just shook his head and smiled.

And now I'm tens of thousands of feet in the area, with KOTJ blaring through my headphones, looking down at a cloud floor and thinking, "holy crap, did this whle experience really happen?!?"
15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :wave:

you're awesome.

are the engines doing ok? no flames?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:
    :wave:

you're awesome.

are the engines doing ok? no flames?

That's what he said...
    :D;)

I'm in row 11, too far forward to see the engines.

Should I ask?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    That's awesome that everyone let you through and you made your flight. It was like divine intervention or something because most people don't even like someone cutting in front of them at a grocery store.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    just don't look out at the wing!!

32d02eec.jpg
    voidofman wrote:
    That's awesome that everyone let you through and you made your flight. It was like divine intervention or something because most people don't even like someone cutting in front of them at a grocery store.

I know! It's like the general vibe of the weekend just keeps going!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,571
    thank god you are not a terrorist.

you're not, are you?
    www.myspace.com

you're not, are you?

No, Mr. The Juggler, I am not, but I was sharing my hotel room with an anarchist, and he had the tattoo to prove it, even if his hair is short now.

Does that give me thread cred?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,571

you're not, are you?

No, Mr. The Juggler, I am not, but I was sharing my hotel room with an anarchist, and he had the tattoo to prove it, even if his hair is short now.

Does that give me thread cred?
    :think:
    can i get back to you tomorrow on that?
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Good seeing you out there Unlost. It was a pleasure meeting you.

That was one memorable and awesome weekend. I'm so glad I was able to find everyone, albeit it was shortly before we entered the park. :wave:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • norm wrote:

32d02eec.jpg
    And if you do and see PJ just smile and give them the "hang Ten" sign and it'll all be good.. safe flight home chickie
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    norm wrote:

32d02eec.jpg

That pics funny. Looks like misread the script. He looks terrified.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    That pic cracks me up every time I see it. Mikey....he's so cute! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    And Morello is cool! :thumbup: I spent a weekend with her in NZ last November....and a night with her in Newcastle for EV.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    And Morello is cool! :thumbup: I spent a night with her in Newcastle

This statement is useless without photos or video.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Oh yeah! And it was goooooood!!!! :lol:
  • So you all had fun? I was checking out the set lists on my phone the other night and seeing all the rumors of special guests. I saw Pete Townshend’s name mentioned and I just wanted to die.

I texted my friend and she told Pete me wasn’t there. Phew. I WOULD HAVE KICKED MYSELF silly if Pete was there and I wasn’t.

Sounds like a great weekend though. Glad you all had fun and made it back safely!

I saw a picture of Unlost and Dimi, but not much else. Are there more photos out there?

Unlost you definitely have that "New Englander" look. You know what I'm talking about, there's just a look about us New Englanders. :D
    Unlost you definitely have that "New Englander" look. You know what I'm talking about, there's just a look about us New Englanders. :D

and the accent...don't forget the accent. :lol:

i'm in the caaaaa :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

I've been in the Philly area for a long time, but people still tell me they can detect my accent. My folks still have it big time, they don't call me Marsha, they call me Maaasha. :lol:
    81 wrote:

I've been in the Philly area for a long time, but people still tell me they can detect my accent. My folks still have it big time, they don't call me Marsha, they call me Maaasha. :lol:

:lol:

do you only have a 25 letter alphabet? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pretty much yeah and it's wicked awesome! :lol:
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Unlost you fucking rock. Crazy in all the best ways! Had a blast with you this weekend! 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    unlost may not look like a terrorist, but apparently RKCNDY does :(

after surviving on about 17 hours of sleep since Thursday morning, i am bleary eyed Monday morning. Get to the airport, go thru the whirring xray body scanner, and then get told I need to go thru a pat down, :x :x

Gotta wait for some lady that looks like Helga the Viking to come and grab all my bits and pieces. Mr. RK said he was not happy, the search is pretty 'invasive'. I figured whatever, it's 7am, I will never see these people again, they will never see me again, might as well give them a show. (BTW, no, I did not make it rain either)

next time, I will wear a catsuit, and there will be no problems whatsoever...I do see why people strip down to their undies/bikini beforehand. :|

Glad you made your plane unlost, and I had such a blast this weekend! Please come to Seattle and we can party more! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Oh yeah! And it was goooooood!!!! :lol:

I met Jenny at the EV Newcastle show too but I didn't spend the night with her. :? :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    RKCNDY wrote:
    unlost may not look like a terrorist, but apparently RKCNDY does :(

after surviving on about 17 hours of sleep since Thursday morning, i am bleary eyed Monday morning. Get to the airport, go thru the whirring xray body scanner, and then get told I need to go thru a pat down, :x :x

Gotta wait for some lady that looks like Helga the Viking to come and grab all my bits and pieces. Mr. RK said he was not happy, the search is pretty 'invasive'. I figured whatever, it's 7am, I will never see these people again, they will never see me again, might as well give them a show. (BTW, no, I did not make it rain either)

next time, I will wear a catsuit, and there will be no problems whatsoever...I do see why people strip down to their undies/bikini beforehand. :|

Glad you made your plane unlost, and I had such a blast this weekend! Please come to Seattle and we can party more! :D
    Flying out of Chicago we got the full body scan and pat down too. Must be on high alert this close to 9/11? Met a few people at the airport that commented on my PJ bag so that was fun. Will we see you at the Vancouver show or any other Canadian ones since we somehow missed you at the tailgate? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    wolfbear wrote:
    Flying out of Chicago we got the full body scan and pat down too. Must be on high alert this close to 9/11? Met a few people at the airport that commented on my PJ bag so that was fun. Will we see you at the Vancouver show or any other Canadian ones since we somehow missed you at the tailgate? :)

yes! I am going to Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver! I'd love to catch up with you at any of those shows :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    RKCNDY wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

yes! I am going to Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver! I'd love to catch up with you at any of those shows :D
    We're doing the same three! See you there for sure! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    wolfbear wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

We're doing the same three! See you there for sure! :)

right on! :thumbup:

- Christopher McCandless