Satellite Amp

LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
edited September 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
I noticed a red Satellite Amp on Mike's side at PJ20. Is he playing Satellite now? I love those amps.
2003: Madison Square Garden 1
2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
2008: Madison Square Garden 2
2010: Newark
2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yes, he definately is.

Kind of cool that Stone had the Blitz 50 back, and a Marshall JCM 800 than brought out a Divided by 13 for some of the TOTD stuff.

Mike may have had a Savage too, I need to go back to the pics, the red amp was Definately a Satellite.

My God did the P90 guitars sound amazing last weekend.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    He had a few 65 amps in the pics I've seen
    DewieCox wrote:

That's right, the 65 and cabinet was right next to the Satellite.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • The Satellite was definitely Mike's rig.

I wasn't sure if maybe some of the other "extra" amps weren't for the special guests who came up and played with the band? I wasn't there, so I can only guess and scratch my head while looking at photos.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

That's right, the 65 and cabinet was right next to the Satellite.

If only I would of known you were there. I would of tried to meet up with you. Crap maybe next time.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    yes, he definately is.

Kind of cool that Stone had the Blitz 50 back, and a Marshall JCM 800 than brought out a Divided by 13 for some of the TOTD stuff.

Mike may have had a Savage too, I need to go back to the pics, the red amp was Definately a Satellite.

My God did the P90 guitars sound amazing last weekend.

When I talked to Stones tech on Sunday he said Stone just received that 800 2 weeks early. It's a 20th Anniversary JCM 800 2204
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

Sorry I missed you. I had the feeling that, you know I've probably had some sort of conversation with about half of the people here, it's just kind of awkward when we don't know what we look like and or only have handles.

Would have been fun. I wonder if anyone got any pedal board shots.

The amps sounded terrific, though from the 10th row, the vocals suffered probably from the stage volume. They could have used another array in the center over the stage.

I'd like to know how Mike Uses the Satellite.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Sorry I missed you. I had the feeling that, you know I've probably had some sort of conversation with about half of the people here, it's just kind of awkward when we don't know what we look like and or only have handles.

Would have been fun. I wonder if anyone got any pedal board shots.

The amps sounded terrific, though from the 10th row, the vocals suffered probably from the stage volume. They could have used another array in the center over the stage.

I'd like to know how Mike Uses the Satellite.

I completely understand. I'm not one to really go out of my way and introduce myself. I talk to people. But I don't want to be that creepy guy that doesn't stop talking. I tend to nod and just say hello.

10th row. Perfect... I was in Row P on stones side (Saturday). And it's the first PJ show I've been to where I was impressed with the mix, and could hear everything perfectly and clear.

Johnny 2 bags from Social D has played through them for a while. Also the guys from The Supersuckers the last time I saw them uses them.

• LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    Yeah, The first tie I saw the Satellites was when I saw the Supersuckers open for Social D. Paired with a Les Paul and especially with the P90's it's an awesome sounding amp.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA