Options

rodman at PJ20

CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
edited September 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
Was anyone down by Rodman in 101? What was THAT like? We were about 25 rows behind him and it looked like he was having a ball.[url][/url]
"Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    We were about six rows from him. Seemed really accessible. Was a nice distraction.
  • Options
    One of my friends posted on fb she was right by him and it was interesting but I have not heard details.

Im sure we will hear more
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    In fact just right now someone wrote she has video of the rock out.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Carey wrote:
    Was anyone down by Rodman in 101? What was THAT like? We were about 25 rows behind him and it looked like he was having a ball.[url][/url]
    you was at 201?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Rodman was about 5 rows behind me...I was able to shake his and congrulate him on making the Hall of Fame...He was really cool with all the fans.....He was shaking hands and letting everyone take pictures....

This probably was my biggest highlight of the show....He is my all time favorite nba player....Was amazing to be able to meet him in person...

Jeremy
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Rodman was about 5 rows behind me...I was able to shake his and congrulate him on making the Hall of Fame...He was really cool with all the fans.....He was shaking hands and letting everyone take pictures....

This probably was my biggest highlight of the show....He is my all time favorite nba player....Was amazing to be able to meet him in person...

Jeremy
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    CH156378 wrote:

Jeremy
    :thumbup:

He isn't as tall everyone thinks he is....He was list 6'8" in his playing days...But, from me standing next to him....He seems to be around more like 6'6" or just a barely over that...Which makes what he accomplished his carreer even more amazing....

Jeremy
  • Options
    JasonTeckJasonTeck St. Louis, MO Posts: 179
    A friend of mine was directly one row in front of him, here is a picture he took...

297436_196632663735972_100001677191081_462398_6100399_n.jpg
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
    2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago
    2022 - St. Louis & Oklahoma City
    2023 - Chicago N1 & N2
  • Options
    He's a huge fan.. literally hahah

My first PJ show was with Dennis in Oakland when they opened for the Stones :D
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,682
    JasonTeck wrote:
    A friend of mine was directly one row in front of him, here is a picture he took...

297436_196632663735972_100001677191081_462398_6100399_n.jpg

It's pretty cool that he's wearing Black, Red, and Yellow.
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    you was at 201?

I was! Both nights! I looked for your flag all day and didn't see you :(
  • Options
    Btw, he was there again tonight, this time looking like he wasn't having quite as much fun. Although, he was bombarded as soon as he entered section 101 and snuck out a side door until PJ came out. I kind of felt bad for him. This time he sat in the way back of 101 w/ people that were also hanging with Chris Chelios' crew (he was right in front of us).
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,915
    You think Rodman was F5ing the shit out of his computer several months ago?
  • Options
    Being able to meet Rodman Saturday was my biggest highlight of the whole weekend....Don't get me wrong...Pearl Jam really stepped it up Sunday night....Saturdays show wasn't all that great for me....Sunday you could tell the band was really enjoying playing and had a lot of energy...Saturday show seemed to be the opposite....

I am die hard pearl jam fan..But, Rodman is still my all time favorite NBA player....This being my first time ever meeting him person just makes it my biggest highlight...

Jeremy
  • Options
    He stood about two rows in front of me on Saturday. He was really into the show and the songs, singing along to just about everything. He was also accessible and talked to everyone around him who approached him. Thought I would've been slightly pissed if a gigantic NBA player just walked up and stood right in front of me the whole night.
    dream the dreams of other men...you will be no one's rival
  • Options
    Thought it was kind of funny that he kept asking to go onstage on Saturday (my friends were right behind him), but apparently he was so drunk that PJ security was worried about a repeat of Dallas '98. Would have been interesting to say the least. If you can track down a video of that Dallas '98 show, it's great to see just how awkward a super messed up Rodman made a PJ show for several songs.
  • Options
    fdavidfdavid Indianapolis Posts: 71
    I was a few seats down from him most of Saturday night. He was very cool. His buddies were also super-cool - they shared brews with me, etc. It seemed to me he wanted to take in the show once it started, and his buddies were definitely trying to help out by keeping an eye out for him. I'll say this - being that close made me realize just how many people were clamoring for his attention. It was pretty nuts. He handled it well, I thought. Very cool experience, and my opinion of Rodman is much better now than before.
    Soldier Field 95, Indy/Deer Creek 98, Indy/Deer Creek 2000, Cinci 2006, Tampa 2008, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Chicago United Center 2009, PJ20 Alpine Valley both, Chicago Wrigley 2013, Philly 2013 night 2, Charlotte 13, LA 1 '13, LA2 '13, Cinci '14, Denver '14, Tampa '16, Lexington '16, Chicago Wrigley Nite 1 2016