Options

Did Eddie's song All The Way curse the Cubs???

edited October 2008 in The Porch
I'm just saying.
model role model
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    They've been cursed forever. Their poor pitching and lack of any offense is what cursed them this postseason so far.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    abyanksabyanks Posts: 59
    there's no curses, they just suck

same thing happened to the red sox all those years
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I'm just saying.
    That thought might have some relevance if it weren't for the last 100 years.
  • Options
    i knew someone was going to say this if they started losing... obviously it didnt.

sports fans are just a fickle bunch.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    aNiMaL wrote:
    That thought might have some relevance if it weren't for the last 100 years.

I guess the original poster was unaware of the history here. :D
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    i was thinking about this last nite after watching them get romped
    maybe yes, maybe no
    but just think about how Ed feels hahahaha
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    No such thing as curses (at least in baseball). There are, however, such things as making plays, timely hitting, and desire.
  • Options
    Maybe we could give the Dodgers some credit??
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Maybe we could give the Dodgers some credit??

The Dodgers, quite frankly are like the Rockies from last year. Everything coming together quite nicely.
    model role model
  • Options
    at least we can still use the song over and over again till they win
    Music for Rhinos
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Ha! I knew someone was going to say this once the Cubs started losing.
    No, he did not curse them, they just suck. sCrUBS!!!!

Wasn't there already another thread about this??
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    at least we can still use the song over and over again till they win

over and over is right...the winning part Im not so sure of though.

GO CARDS!!!! (next year)
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    The Dodgers, quite frankly are like the Rockies from last year. Everything coming together quite nicely.

That's exactly what I said in the LA Dodgers thread before the playoffs even started.

In sports, it's often the team that has the most momentum at the end of the regular season that wins in the playoffs, rather than the team that has put up the best record.

The way the Dodgers are playing right now, no one can stop them. Great plate discipline, timely hitting, power, excellent pitching -- they look unbeatable.

Of course, a loss in game 3 would make game 4 very pressure-packed, so anything can happen. I'm hoping the Dodgers close it out tomorrow and get ready for the Phillies.

Go Dodgers!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    The curse is that they play bad in the playoffs. I am a cub fan and could say that whenever we lose cub fans try to look for other excuses other than the team played bad or the other team just played better. These first 2 games you can easily say both.

If we played a perfect game we may still have lost since the Dodgers excuted everything they tried. The Yankees must be kicking themselves for letting Torre go. The hit and run and the bases loaded bunt worked perfectly for them.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    PJPAT wrote:
    The curse is that they play bad in the playoffs. I am a cub fan and could say that whenever we lose cub fans try to look for other excuses other than the team played bad or the other team just played better. These first 2 games you can easily say both.

If we played a perfect game we may still have lost since the Dodgers excuted everything they tried. The Yankees must be kicking themselves for letting Torre go. The hit and run and the bases loaded bunt worked perfectly for them.

Not for nothing but I'm kinda surprised ol blowhard Hank didn't give the Cash-man his walking papers.
    model role model
  • Options
    EP1973EP1973 Posts: 112
    The goat cursed the Cubs...
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    c'mon, how can you even suggest that. that is so 1800's of you. the cubs just don't have what it takes this year (barring a three game come from behind upset). LA is simply playing better ball and getting a few bounces to go their way this week.

It's still a great tune whose reprise has yet to be written...
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    The curse is bunk.

The Meat and Potatoes here is that The Cubs are once again playing like absolute dog shit in the Post Season.

It has nothing to do with Goats, Bartman, or Eddie Vedder.

This is not the same team that won 97 games this year, nor is it the same team that had the leagues best offense.

I'm sick of using this idea of "The Curse" as an excuse for the last 100 years...and more recently...their 2007-2008 postseason collapse.

I don't know if it's dicipline, stanima, or just plain lack of depth.... But something has got to give.

The last two games were pathetic. A bunch a drunks over at the Wrigleyville Legion could have crushed The Cubs over the last 2 days.

They'd better get their shit toghether quick or else Wrigley Field will once again be a graveyard in November.

Cheers.
  • Options
    As a Die Hard Dodger fan im loving life right now - but the Cubs arent cursed because of eddie or anything else for that matter. They are losing because they are playing very poorly at the moment - not because of a curse. IF anything the concept of a curse has put added pressure on the club bu thats there fault for buying into that crock
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    Let’s not forget about the Presidents song for the Sonics in 96… that franchise turned out okay.
  • Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    Let’s not forget about the Presidents song for the Sonics in 96… that franchise turned out okay.

hmmm 96... wasn't that hte year the Bulls thumped them?
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    The Cubs are losing because they always lose. It's not Ed's fault. I still like the song.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    The Cubs are losing because they always lose. It's not Ed's fault. I still like the song.

Unfortunately, I second this. Fucking Cubs. They will break you. Unreal.
  • Options

sports fans are just a fickle bunch.

Oh, but not Cubs fans. They're Foul-weather not fair-weather.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Oh, but not Cubs fans. They're Foul-weather not fair-weather.

Really foul. unbelievable. Another 6 months flushed. I am going to go cry in the corner and piss myself.