Options

***PJ20 Alpine Valley Setlist Thread 9/3/11***

Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,214
    LukinFan wrote:
    Ed, Glenn, and now Liam all backing Chris - standing towards the back of the stage

still for reach down??
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    This may be a silly question, but will they be releasing this on c.d, or even dvd?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    So watching PJ dvds and drinking beer is in fact NOT the same thing as being there. :(

:lol:

i am doing the same my friend. but i keep telling myself it is the same experience ;)
  • Options
    Clearly a great Andrew Wood tribute section. Well deserved!!
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Sometimes I get mopey and really jealous at insane shows such as this... but this is just too fucking cool.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    I will laugh my ass off if they play just the hits tomorrow.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Those harmonies on Reach Down chorus must be insane Eddie Glen Liam and Chris :shock: My god

"I wanna reaach DOWN AND PICK THE CROWD UP!!!!!"

Takin us to the promised land!!!!!!!!!!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    pjhawk wrote:
    So watching PJ dvds and drinking beer is in fact NOT the same thing as being there. :(

This, unfortunately, is TRUTH!

Yep! I thought I could have my own version of PJ 20. I can't complain I have four shows here but MAN!!!!

Hey! Montreal on Wednesday?

OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!! Leaving here around 1 I think!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

:lol:

i am doing the same my friend. but i keep telling myself it is the same experience ;)

At least there is no line up for the loo. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 424
    These shows need to be a box set collectors item... DVD and CDs... has to happen....

I been to 30+ shows and I always say the MSG-NY shows and Boston were always the best...even better than Gorge(I wasn't there) but this one show TOP anything show they've done...

This is why PJ is great.... there's countless shows that can be debated but THIS is a celebration of them and their peers right now (rightfully so)

Footage from this show NEEDS to rest in the rock n roll Hall of Fame
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    This may be a silly question, but will they be releasing this on c.d, or even dvd?

I'd hope that they release a dvd eventually if its being filmed but as for audio they'd be smart to include it in a boxset with the doco dvd... maybe 4-6 cds for the two shows and then the dvd.... just what i think they should do.... not like the whole philly fiasco of waiting a year to get that shit out :lol:
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285

:D Don't see that happening with a hardcore crowd like this. That said, tonight seemed like a great mix of ultra ultra rare material mixed with some fairly well-known songs. If you think that's a criticism, it's most certainly not. This is definitely one of the all time great setlists ever.
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    I'm in awe of this setlist. PJ always shows up in the clutch, batting .400 with runners in scoring position. The David Ortiz circa 2004 of rock bands.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    25. Hunger Strike
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Puddles of wee on the ground
  • Options

And when PJ25 or PJ30 rolls around and we are not at the concert, we will put in our "old trusty" DVD of PJ20 @ Alpine 2011 and try to convince ourselves that watching that concert is the same as being there. ;)
    Raleigh, 8/18/1992 (Lollapalooza)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Oakland, 7/11/2011 (Eddie Vedder)
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • Options
    Passim wrote:

:D Don't see that happening with a hardcore crowd like this. That said, tonight seemed like a great mix of ultra ultra rare material mixed with some fairly well-known songs. If you think that's a criticism, it's most certainly not. This is definitely one of the all time great setlists ever.

Oh i know it won't happen...haha.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    Passim wrote:

Oh i know it won't happen...haha.

:D
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    guess that rumoured curfew isn't sticking :lol:
  • Options
    PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 424
    AFTER THIS WEEKEND, PJ SHOULD BE CONVINCED THAT THE FESTIVAL NEEDS TO HAPPEN EVERY YEAR...SAME PLACE AND SAME WEEKEND....

The bands along (strokes/queens of stone age) make for a great festival within itself...

Not for nothing look how many bands over the year PJ helped by having them open for them...

:idea:
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Options

And when PJ25 or PJ30 rolls around and we are not at the concert, we will put in our "old trusty" DVD of PJ20 @ Alpine 2011 and try to convince ourselves that watching that concert is the same as being there. ;)

Yes. I shouldn't complain though. I have four shows coming up. So they better play "satan's bed" :x :x :lol:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    26. Love Reign O'er Me
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

Yes. I shouldn't complain though. I have four shows coming up. So they better play "satan's bed" :x :x :lol:

I am heading to Vancouver and I just want the concert to kick ass. I don't ask for too much! 8-)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • Options
    I'm gonna puke now! Why didnt I go again?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Just woke up here in Denmark and I almost wet myself when I saw this thread!!!

Holy mother of a cow this is insane.
    TOTD = epic!
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options

I am heading to Vancouver and I just want the concert to kick ass. I don't ask for too much! 8-)

How can it not?!! Off to a stellar start. I am looking at these shows as a warm up for Montreal etc. ;):D
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,932
    HailHailOZ wrote:
    Puddles of wee on the ground

I've moved beyond wee to multiple :o:o:o:o 's :shock: :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,932
    pjhawk wrote:

This, unfortunately, is TRUTH!

Word! :|
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    26. Love Reign O'er Me

OK, now they are just toying with us who couldn't make the concert.We quadruple apologize with a cherry on top for not being there to see this effing most awesome set list, probably ever. Please Pearl Jam have mercy on our souls.

8-)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    Röeghmann wrote:
    Just woke up here in Denmark and I almost wet myself when I saw this thread!!!

Holy mother of a cow this is insane.
    TOTD = epic!

good morning denmark! austria woke up 1,5 hours ago...and i can't believe that I'm missing this only because of work!!! :evil:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017