Options

Question about Live Arc during Vedder Solo Show

edited August 2008 in The Porch
Does Eddie do all of that live or is any of that on a loop? I realize some of the chants in the beginning of Arc appear to be done live during the show, but thought there may be parts on tape. Same with Hard Sun, some of it appears to be on a sound loop.
model role model
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Arc is done live, as each part is sang, recorded, then played over the next part that he records live... (think: Liam Finn's instruments from the opening set).

Hard Sun has some instruments recorded... since he's not touring with a full band (he'd only use them during that one song anyways).
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun"
  • Options
    Okay thanks. YOu going to DC?
    model role model
  • Options
    i never cared for Arc on the album but seeing it live.....man!! fucking awesome!!!
  • Options
    i never cared for Arc on the album but seeing it live.....man!! fucking awesome!!!

Arc is the Who You Are of the Solo tour. It will make a comeback.
    model role model
  • Options
    Yeah I've never really thought it was anything special before this tour. What a way to end the show though...AMAZING!
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    Hopefully I won't get banned for posting this, but since I didn't tape it or post it to Youtube I thought I'd share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNmJHM86A0Q
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Hopefully I won't get banned for posting this, but since I didn't tape it or post it to Youtube I thought I'd share.

Wow. I didn't realize how much better his voice is now than only 5 years ago. That's pretty startling. Maybe it was the recording but that sounds clear...
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804

Thanks for the clip. I was questioning if the Arc from 8/4 was any better than the ones that were played before at the PJ's shows. And Wow...really like the way this one sounds.

Thanks!
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    I think at last nights NY show, the sound cut out of eds mic as he was finishing ARC, he was screaming his head off but i didn't hear anything... anyone else catch this?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    ARC was amazing at EV's solo NY1 show! Kicks that 03' version out the water, imo.

-inquis.
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Options
    ARC was amazing at EV's solo NY1 show! Kicks that 03' version out the water, imo.

-inquis.

I am in total agreement. I just watched the '03 version, as well as the original, and am now wishing for an EV solo bootleg to be released. I have to hear that again.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"