Birthday celebrations at nightclubs...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
My two friends are celebrating there tonight.
Am I a rat fuck if I don't go?
I hate clubbing, don't like the music and the egotistical people there.
Not my scene!
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Call me grinch but anyone over the age of 21 that organizes there own formal bday party where they expect everyone to come.....well, I just dont get that. Good for them I guess, but throwing yourself a bday party seems kinda fucked to me.
    If they are your friends they wont really care if clubs are not your scene.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Not my scene!
    I'm right there with you - but if they're a good friend, I think you should go. It means more to them than you think
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Not my scene!
    I'm right there with you - but if they're a good friend, I think you should go. It means more to them than you think

I'm too old for this partying shit.
    I wish my friends would grow up and settle down in life.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Call me grinch but anyone over the age of 21 that organizes there own formal bday party where they expect everyone to come.....well, I just dont get that. Good for them I guess, but throwing yourself a bday party seems kinda fucked to me.

I only ever organised a birthday party at my house for my 21st.
    I agree.
    All I want for my birthday is a nice dinner somewhere, something relaxed.
    But no everyone wants to get wasted and go clubbing.
    Sad.

I agree.
    Sad.

I wanna get wasted and go clubbing... what's the address?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Call me grinch but anyone over the age of 21 that organizes there own formal bday party where they expect everyone to come.....well, I just dont get that. Good for them I guess, but throwing yourself a bday party seems kinda fucked to me.

I agree.
    Sad.

http://www.marleysotb.com/
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I do it for my mate every year...

He goes to some fucked up RNB club every birthday, but I go cause he is my mate... get drunk, and then see how you go... you might even...

But then, he is always down in Melbourne for my bday, so he doesn't return the favour.. ratfuck
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • life is short and every birthday is awesome, celebrate as you wish and fuck everything else!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• It depends how old they're turning.

You see...
    There are only about 20 birthdays that you should be allowed to celebrate, the others, you're wasting cake and paper, you're WASTING CAKE and... Did you not see the Al Gore movie? We need to conserve cake and paper. We are running out.

Here are the twenty you can... celebrate. These are the ones you get to have a party.

Okay, 1 through 9, you get a birthday, 'cause, you're a little kid! A little kid gets a birthday.

10, you get a birthday, 'cause now you're in the double digits; somethings different, alright?

11 & 12, no birthday. Thats not special, "I'm 12!" great go to school. Who gives a shit? I'm not wrapping something up for 12.

13, you get a birthday, 'cause now you're a teenager, somethings different now.

14 & 15 no birthday. No birthday. I can get a learners permit. Who gives a shit? Don't care.

16, you get a birthday. Now you can drive. The laws have changed.

17, no birthday.

18. Awesome birthday. 'Cause you can buy a gun and you can vote. In fact, you should celebrate that one by shooting a hole through a ballot. Thats how you should... You should just BANG. "Yeah! prop 31!"

19, you get a birthday, because, its your last year as a teenager. Thats kind of wistful, yes! 41 year old guys don't want to fuck you anymore ladies! Its all down hill. Marry a guy with a yacht.

When you are 20, you get a birthday. Any time you enter a new set of tens, 20, 30 ,40, 50, you get a birthday.

21, you get an awesome birthday, and then thats it! A birthday every ten years."I'm 26, great, go to work, who gives a shit. Shut the fuck up. 50, 60, 70, 80, until you hit 90.

If you can make it to 90, starting at 90, every year, one law no longer applies to you. Thats your incentive to take care of yourself. Now, it starts of small. When you turn ninety, you can legally litter. You can just crumble up a cheeseburger, drop it in front of a cop. "hey, guess what today is....? Give me a kiss."

When you turn 95, you can legally steal anything! You can't load it into a car or truck. Anything you can pick up with your bare hands and get back into your house is your property. And If you own something and a 95 year old can get it away from you, it really didn't belong to you did it? Nope, never did. That goes for your kids too. "Hey, where's your 4 year old?" "Some 95 year old ran into the house..." "Well let that guy raise him. Hes full of wisdom and he's spry."

Then, if you can make it to 100, you can legally commit murder. You can murder anyone. You cannot shoot them, stab them or poison them. Anyone you can strangle, or pummel to death with your bare hands, no jury can convict you. Thats how we weed out the weak people. If you can't stop a 100 year old from stangling you, FUCK YOU! You should be dead. You should be fuckin' dead. Honestly, would anyone, would any of you get up and run outside if you heard, "Help me, a 100 year old woman is punching me to death. You be like, "Fuck that guy, good. The species just got stronger."

Then from a 100 to 119, nineteen years of legal murder. Pummel, strangle, anyone you want, until you make it to 120.

If you can make it to 120, guess what? YOU'RE THE PRESIDENT! We swear you in, and no matter what comes out of your senile fucking skull IS THE LAW!

And honestly, if there where a 120 year old in the White House just sitting in a wading pool of his own poop with a pirate hat on, who's going "Starting today, everybody has to put four cans of ravioli in their pants." Would things be any worse than they are now? Would they be ANY FUCKING WORSE? If that guy was just "Rngh.... Starting today, everybody has to marry a pelican!" "You heard the President son, at least your not in the desert dying on a fuckin' lie. God bless our president. Give your new mom a fish and lets go to the White House and, give thanks."

Patton Oswalt
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    There are only about 20 birthdays that you should be allowed to celebrate, the others, you're wasting cake and paper, you're WASTING CAKE and... Did you not see the Al Gore movie? We need to conserve cake and paper. We are running out.

Here are the twenty you can... celebrate. These are the ones you get to have a party.

Okay, 1 through 9, you get a birthday, 'cause, you're a little kid! A little kid gets a birthday.

10, you get a birthday, 'cause now you're in the double digits; somethings different, alright?

11 & 12, no birthday. Thats not special, "I'm 12!" great go to school. Who gives a shit? I'm not wrapping something up for 12.

13, you get a birthday, 'cause now you're a teenager, somethings different now.

14 & 15 no birthday. No birthday. I can get a learners permit. Who gives a shit? Don't care.

16, you get a birthday. Now you can drive. The laws have changed.

17, no birthday.

18. Awesome birthday. 'Cause you can buy a gun and you can vote. In fact, you should celebrate that one by shooting a hole through a ballot. Thats how you should... You should just BANG. "Yeah! prop 31!"

19, you get a birthday, because, its your last year as a teenager. Thats kind of wistful, yes! 41 year old guys don't want to fuck you anymore ladies! Its all down hill. Marry a guy with a yacht.

When you are 20, you get a birthday. Any time you enter a new set of tens, 20, 30 ,40, 50, you get a birthday.

21, you get an awesome birthday, and then thats it! A birthday every ten years."I'm 26, great, go to work, who gives a shit. Shut the fuck up. 50, 60, 70, 80, until you hit 90.

:clap::clap::clap:
  • EVERY birthday deserves to be celebrated!
    we only get so many, and we never know how many are ahead....
    life is a gift, enjoy it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• I went, for an hour lol.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    42 should be celebrated too. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Never going to a nightclub again, foot is down!

• I only ever organised a birthday party at my house for my 21st.
    I agree.
    Sad.

http://www.marleysotb.com/

:lol::lol: