I'm torturing myself

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
more like subconsciously kicking myself I guess.

Last weekend I spent watching a lot of the PJ DVDs.

Last night, I kept dreaming that I was at PJ20 – just snippets here and there.

Then I woke up and was, like, man, I hope this whole weekend isn’t like this. I thought I had come to terms with missing these shows.

THEN, I go back to sleep and dream that I am in South America. WTF?

I know I’ll be ok and in the end, they’re just PJ shows, of which I've been to many, but I did not like it entering into my dreams.

I hope the weather is gorgeous, the shows are awesome, everyone is safe and has a wonderful time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    don't torture yourself. remember no matter how good this weekend is do you think it will be better than 4 nights closing out the Spectrum? not for philly people. those 4 nights were 'ours' - incredible nights, just wish there was a DVD.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pssst....

still time to make it....get on the road NOW
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawks wrote:
    don't torture yourself. remember no matter how good this weekend is do you think it will be better than 4 nights closing out the Spectrum? not for philly people. those 4 nights were 'ours' - incredible nights, just wish there was a DVD.

I know in the end, they're all just shows, and yes those four Philly shows were AWESOME. I think I'm going to miss hanging with my PJ buddies more than the actual shows themselves.

I love those guys, it just makes the time so much more special.

and 81, don't think I haven't thought about it over the last day or two, like, F it, just do it

but I'm an adult, I can handle this :lol:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    pjhawks wrote:

I know in the end, they're all just shows, and yes those four Philly shows were AWESOME. I think I'm going to miss hanging with my PJ buddies more than the actual shows themselves.

and 81, don't think I haven't thought about it over the last day or two, like, F it, just do it

just remember alcohol then beer have no fear (except locking yourself out of the house??? :D )
  • Maybe you should be dreaming of alternate ways to get into your house.

:D
  • on the plus side...when u wake up monday morning ..you will have a few grand more in your account :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    ive been dreaming about PJ the last 3 nights... to be honest the way im feeling now, if I could get to Chicago in time for the start of the weekend I f***ing well would do! ARGH!
  • pjhawks wrote:

Yeah you and me both!!! I even looked up flights and countered that to my bank accounts to see if I could sawing it..But there was NO flights back into Co Springs before work on Monday.. back to wishing everyone a SAFE TRIP, and kick ass shows.. GOD I wish I was there!!!
  • Well as it turns out, it’s a good thing I didn’t decide to cut out of work and head there.

We just had a major emergency and I had to fix it. My boss is out but even if she was here, she would look to me to do it as it’s something I’m much more familiar with.

It involved someone's payout for their vacation time at retirement and whenever you're talking about someone else's money, it's a BIG deal.

So that makes me feel a little better anyway. :D

oh and it was my sister's house I kept locking myself out of. :lol:
  • Well as it turns out, it’s a good thing I didn’t decide to cut out of work and head there.

We just had a major emergency and I had to fix it. My boss is out but even if she was here, she would look to me to do it as it’s something I’m much more familiar with.

It involved someone's payout for their vacation time at retirement and whenever you're talking about someone else's money, it's a BIG deal.

I'm sure those shows will be great, but to me a Pearl Jam trip involves going to the city and doing other things besides things related to Pearl Jam, such as seeing my best friend in college in Chicago, checking out Mt. Rainier in Seattle. I'd be kind of limited to what I could do by going to this part of Wisconsin.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

I'm sure those shows will be great, but to me a Pearl Jam trip involves going to the city and doing other things besides things related to Pearl Jam, such as seeing my best friend in college in Chicago, checking out Mt. Rainier in Seattle. I'd be kind of limited to what I could do by going to this part of Wisconsin.

absolutely, the logistics of it all played a big role in my decision not to go.
  • I keep hearing about pj20. Don't have a clue what it is. Guess I'll check it out.
    I'll be back
  • I keep hearing about pj20. Don't have a clue what it is. Guess I'll check it out.

you're joking right?

you're joking right?

No.
    I'll be back
  • A film or tour? I haven't been a fan in a few years so....
    I'll be back
  • I'm going to appease you assuming you are serious and don't know, it's actually both. There is a documentary coming out and this weekend they are playing 2 weekend shows at Alpine Valley for their 20th anniversary.

They will also be on Jimmy Fallon show on September 8 & 9, you should catch up, it's a been a great ride.

I hope you're not joking with me because I know how naive I am and sometimes it bothers the hell out of me. :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I think I'm going to miss hanging with my PJ buddies more than the actual shows themselves.

this

there will always be shows but the fun of hanging with friends is what i'll miss most
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    What did the set list look like?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• norm wrote:
    I think I'm going to miss hanging with my PJ buddies more than the actual shows themselves.

this

there will always be shows but the fun of hanging with friends is what i'll miss most

That's sweet.
    Wish you were here
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

this

and i was right

this is torture
  • looking at the set lists,. . didn't miss much.
    brother123 wrote:
    looking at the set lists,. . didn't miss much.

:roll:

with that attitude you didn't....

it was a truley awesome weekend. if anybody their didn't have a great time, it's their own damn fault.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

it was a truley awesome weekend. if anybody their didn't have a great time, it's their own damn fault.

Yeah...if you didn't have a great time this weekend, then you just don't like fun. I can't believe it's over...
  • 81 wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

:roll:

with that attitude you didn't....

exactly, I didn't expect anything amazingly different from a set list, but it's the experience itself

And any show that includes Release, In my Tree and Breath in one setlist is worth the trip in my opinion. :)
    81 wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

Yeah...if you didn't have a great time this weekend, then you just don't like fun. I can't believe it's over...

i was hoping to run into you. you are on the missed em list, which seems to be going :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i was hoping to run into you. you are on the missed em list, which seems to be going :lol:

I know, me too. We stayed in Delevan and took a bus over both days, so we were tailgating over by where all the buses/RVs were parked. Met a lot of good peole, but definitelymissed out on a few. We may have to have a 10c Chicago meetup one of these days...
    81 wrote:

I know, me too. We stayed in Delevan and took a bus over both days, so we were tailgating over by where all the buses/RVs were parked. Met a lot of good peole, but definitelymissed out on a few. We may have to have a 10c Chicago meetup one of these days...

i might have seen you then. i was around the party bus's in the yellow lot on sunday.

Mamason23 is putting together the Chicago meetup. talk of getting together somewhere for the packers/bears game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i might have seen you then. i was around the party bus's in the yellow lot on sunday.

Mamason23 is putting together the Chicago meetup. talk of getting together somewhere for the packers/bears game

Somehow I am seeing pictures of 81 whilst drinking on my back deck Sunday night...