Options

Breaking up with PJ lyrics

orioncreworioncrew Posts: 7
Has anyone read "Donations to Clarity" by Noah Baird? One of the main characters can only communicate in song lyrics when she's upset. There's a chapter in the book where her and her boyfriend break up just by communicating in PJ song lyrics! It was amazing! The lyrics took on a whole new meaning! BTW- the book is really, really funny!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    orioncrew wrote:
    Has anyone read "Donations to Clarity" by Noah Baird? One of the main characters can only communicate in song lyrics when she's upset. There's a chapter in the book where her and her boyfriend break up just by communicating in PJ song lyrics! It was amazing! The lyrics took on a whole new meaning! BTW- the book is really, really funny!

I didn't read that book but it is strange that someone would only connect to songs when they are angry. But also in some sense it is true cause we cannot be happy all the time. In fact just rare moments. When we have eyes and hert and we see all happening to the world, kids etc can we be happy ?

lyrcs take different meaning for many reasons.. if the song is not written in your native tongue, if you just care about the music etcI lovethis about music
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    ozgurkd

The character wasn't really communicating in song lyrics because she was angry. It's hard to explain. When she was really upset, she couldn't verbalize her feelings with her own words. She channeled Eddie's words because they captured what she was feeling. Her boyfriend would respond back in lyrics because they held a deeper meaning than her own words. It was weird, but really fun and interesting to read.
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    orioncrew wrote:
    ozgurkd

The character wasn't really communicating in song lyrics because she was angry. It's hard to explain. When she was really upset, she couldn't verbalize her feelings with her own words. She channeled Eddie's words because they captured what she was feeling. Her boyfriend would respond back in lyrics because they held a deeper meaning than her own words. It was weird, but really fun and interesting to read.

I think I understand what you mean...we are both like and unlike.For me though it is never difficult to verbalize myself with my own words but guess it's because I've been writing since I've known myself. Writing is a need like drinking water for me. To take emotions (not just anger) out though, I sing to PJ often. But also others

I will try to check out the book it sounds interesting
    take care
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,006
    My relationship is finished after 5 years & 3 PJ shows but my main concern is my dog who i will have to give up after bring him from Australia to England. He has been my life & best friend for the last 3 years i will never be able to listen to Pilate & Sad ever again with cracking up. Thanks little mate for obeying,listening,kissing & most importantly loving :( :( :(
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    orioncrew said:

ozgurkd

I think I will ask this book for my birthday.
    My girlfirend asked if I has idea's. You just gave me one.
    It seems like an interesting story.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn