Anyone bringing a guitar to PJ20?

Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
edited September 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm torn if it will be a good idea or a really lame idea to bring an acoustic for some parking lot jamming (preferably with others). Anybody else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yo I am Bringing My Uke....Late Night Jam in the woods!!! let's make it happen!!!
    Courtney P. Linehan
  • i might be, i'm still on the fence...

i don't want to be "that guy" at the woostock of my life lol...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Mike, Stone and Eddie better bring theirs' !

2 hours of a bass and drum odyssey could get boring!
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    I guarantee that there will be too many Ukuleles there.
    I love Ukuleles, I own 3 myself (before Ed made them even cooler)
    I'm hoping there won't be so many that it will ruin the instrument for me and turn it into a "Puke-lele" fest.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I got an old mitchell that plays and sounds pretty good. I was considering leaving in the parking lot at some random location with a note attached:

"this is my guitar, feel free to use it but please return it to this location"

I think the honor system would work.. and if not, I am not really attached to the guitar
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    i might be, i'm still on the fence...

i don't want to be "that guy" at the woostock of my life lol...

My thoughts exactly.
  • I've had my Uke for two Years and love to play it. You say too many uke's like that's a bad thing. If people are making music, bandwagon or not, is that not a good thing? I think it would be a blast to organize a parking lot jam. I love music, especially PJ, but nothing beats having a blast with a guitar and some peeps.
    Courtney P. Linehan
  • I will have my Squier Tele and battery operated Fender amp set up... bringing the Squier why? Don't want my Fender American Made Maple Strat to get destroyed!!! I worked too many hours at Famous Footwear stocking shelves, smelling feet and chasing shop lifters - to save up for that beauty back in 1981!!!

We will be hanging out in the VIP parking lot. Black Squier, maple neck, pj ticket to ride sticker on the pick guard.

It's time to kick out the jams... well it will be in about 72 hours :).
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    endbadguy wrote:
    I've had my Uke for two Years and love to play it. You say too many uke's like that's a bad thing. If people are making music, bandwagon or not, is that not a good thing? I think it would be a blast to organize a parking lot jam. I love music, especially PJ, but nothing beats having a blast with a guitar and some peeps.

allow me to re-phrase...

..too many ukes being played badly.

But, having said THAT, I agree with you... it would be fun. I just had a brief daydream of thousands of out-of-tune ukuleles all badly playing different songs out of time.

I realize that won't be the case, I was just trying to make fun of an imagined scenario :oops:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Seen a girl with a Squire and one of those hook on belt practice amps. I thought it was one of the coolest things I saw not PJ related at the concert. :D
    I've tasted a life wasted I ain't ever going back
  • Didn't see anyone strumming a guitar or uke in the VIP lot...i would guess the rain Sat had something to do with it...
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • without ofense, i hate people that take their own guitar /instrument to a concert or event..

NOBODY want to hear YOU!! :lol::lol::lol: