Options

oh electricity, how i love you so!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
seriously!
we've been without power since 8:30 am sunday morning!
:o :shock: :o :shock: :o
i felt like i was living in the dark ages....went to bed at 9 pm last night!!! :lol:
i have never seen so many people just walking around the neighborhood, every restaurant was packed, it was crazy.
one nice thing, met a young couple who had a tree fall on their car/driveway :? and we commiserated, given our ordeals last year with a tree on our house. young, hip, cool...as in....unlike 98% of our neighborhoods. needless to say, hit it off like gangbusters, and just exchanged phone #s today, perhaps after 15 years in our neighborhood, we might actually have found people we can hang and be friends with!

internet...oh how i have missed you!!!
*hugs computer monitor*
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    YAY! Glad to hear you have power and new friends! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Did you enjoy your pinot?

It was all over the news! :D

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=167294&start=15#p3864784
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The April tornadoes knocked out our power for four days, so I know where you are coming from....we bought a generator on Friday night.....then the power came back on Saturday morning. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Wow. 15 years and you've never had any neighbors you can hang out with? That's rough.

I take it the block party's not a major event in your neck of the woods.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,089
    welcome back, amazingly we just had some random tree branches on the ground.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Sometimes I wish I hadn't found the internet, it takes up so much of my time, I don't have the will power to just put it down. I've tried a few times but keep crawling back.
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    voidofman wrote:
    Sometimes I wish I hadn't found the internet, it takes up so much of my time, I don't have the will power to just put it down. I've tried a few times but keep crawling back.

:lol::lol::lol: me too :shifty:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Gob wrote:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3864784

OMG, that was awesome!
    look what i missed with no electricity!!!
    damn, gotta love speedy.
    and for the record, i was drinking coppola shiraz thru it all. ;)

ty, i cannot even imagine going 4 days w/o electricity. :shock:
    thankfully i live in a very walkable neighborhood, otherwise i truly would've gone outta my little mind!
    i don't own a car, so while hubby :mrgreen: was at work today, i just walked all over rather than be stuck at home. funny thing too, normally i have np hanging in my garden all day, not requiring electricity - but i think when i know i *can't have* electricity, it drives me nuts! :P

and jth, yea...i know....! :?
    it's not for lack of trying. we've welcomed all the new couples in on our block, but what can i say? total squares. we are *weird* b/c we don't have kids, and i am labeled *artsy* which apparently the kiss of death, and my hubby's hobby is being a musician, while everyone focuses their lives around their kids, so....yea. here we are.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    seriously!
    i felt like i was living in the dark ages....went to bed at 9 pm last night!!! :lol:
    i have never seen so many people just walking around the neighborhood, every restaurant was packed, it was crazy.
    one nice thing, met a young couple who had a tree fall on their car/driveway :? and we commiserated, given our ordeals last year with a tree on our house. young, hip, cool...as in....unlike 98% of our neighborhoods. needless to say, hit it off like gangbusters, and just exchanged phone #s today, perhaps after 15 years in our neighborhood, we might actually have found people we can hang and be friends with!

*hugs computer monitor*
    Haha, so glad you're back! It almost makes me wish that would happen here given our neighbors....;) Wish we were going to see you at PJ20, but we will meet again! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    seriously!

*hugs computer monitor*
    Haha, so glad you're back! It almost makes me wish that would happen here given our neighbors....;) Wish we were going to see you at PJ20, but we will meet again! :)

me too, me too!
    i almost kissed the computer. :P
    and seriously, we were both in bed by 9pm last night. :wtf:
    i probably haven't done that since i was like, 10.
    :D
    we've never gone w/o electricity that long before, ever.
    so yea, in the scheme of things...i know we are quite lucky.
    i think back to new orleans and hurricane katrina. :shock:
    those people suffered!!! :(
    we were minorly inconvenienced.
    happily, our shrimp are chillin' in mom's freezer until tomorrow....and our freezer is happily gettin' all chilly once more.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Gob wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=167294&start=15#p3864784

OMG, that was awesome!
    look what i missed with no electricity!!!
    damn, gotta love speedy.
    and for the record, i was drinking coppola shiraz thru it all. ;)

ty, i cannot even imagine going 4 days w/o electricity. :shock:
    The gas hot water heater was the only saving grace
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    i'm very jealous, still no power in my town :( Per the message I got from the electric company I probably won't have power until I get to Wisconsin...ya
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i cant believe the long beach crib didnt get flooded or lose power.

glad its back D2D
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    How the hell did I lose power last night??? :?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071

hope you made the most of it!!
    8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

hope you made the most of it!!
    8-)

that was already accomplished by 7pm. :lol:
    hey, we were at the bar at 2pm....it was a long day!

i feel for you still without power! :shock:

and ty, thank bejeebus that we have a gas stove, gas hot water and gas heat (tho that's not really a concern in august :P). honestly, in the past we're usually a-ok when we lose power. sunday morning hubby fired up the stove, cooked up some pancakes, figured a couple of hours no electricity, no biggie. then by noon we were like, errrr.....ok, now what? :)went out for a walk around the neighborhood, checked out the damage, and somehow managed to stroll down to a nice little bar that happened to have electricity. :mrgreen:

i WILL say, got up again in the middle of the night, around 2-3am.....and went outside and marveled at the stars. gorgeous when it is pitch dark outside....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    where do you live?
    I have electric everything, so ya I'm effed!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    We lucked out, lost it for about 10 hours over Saturday night, just slept through it. :lol:
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    and jth, yea...i know....! :?
    it's not for lack of trying. we've welcomed all the new couples in on our block, but what can i say? total squares. we are *weird* b/c we don't have kids, and i am labeled *artsy* which apparently the kiss of death, and my hubby's hobby is being a musician, while everyone focuses their lives around their kids, so....yea. here we are.
    I guess we're lucky with the neighbors we've gotten. Even the devout Mormon family that lived next-door to us for a couple years was pretty cool.

We hang out fairly regularly with the next-door neighbors on the other side of our house. In fact, the wife/mom went to one of the EV solo shows with us this summer. And actually, her sister-in-law (the husband/dad's sister) went with us as well.